Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Grand total mega list of all AF Places and events

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭Foweva Awone

Following this! I'm currently in residential treatment, looking to try out activities that I can build into my schedule to become part of my routine when I'm finished the treatment programme. It's harder than I thought to come up with ideas.

One I've tried out is Toastmasters, I've tried out a few meetings and I've realised it's not for me. I'll almost certainly get involved with it in the future, but I wouldn't be great at all at public speaking and would have an issue with anxiety, so I think I'd better get used to doing things sober that are within my comfort zone before I attempt to step out of it. :o Still, thought I'd throw it up here in case it might interest anyone else!

The Escape Rooms look really good, I'm big into puzzles etc, it's something I've been meaning to try out for a while.

Jugger looks ... interesting! :D Never heard of it before!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

smegmar wrote: »
    Hey everyone,

I've been 90% AF for the last year or so, and I can't believe I haven't found this group until now.

Anyway can we get a sticky with all the venues and events you can suggest for great day, or night. try to include links

I'll have to start with Dublin because I haven't really been travelling much this last year.

Dublin

Accents cafe

The Clockwork Door

Dublin Zoo

Funky Seomra

Denzille Private cinema

Things to do

Quasar lazertag

Jugger sport

Windsurfing

Escape rooms, more Escape Rooms, and even more Escape rooms

Toastmaster , public speaking practice

Ok at the moment this is a pretty pathetic list, but we we all drop suggestions soon it will be a solid go-to list of great days out and fun things to do.

Great idea, never heard of the escape rooms. Although my OH doesn't like being hemmed in the fact that there's a puzzle to it might make it more appealing to him. It's very hard to find a non alc activity that also will take his interest. He loves bikes and cars, there's a few classic car shows about but even those can be too crowded for him.

Go kart racing could be an option I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭greenexile

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,565 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Also the Gravity climbing centre in Inchicore. I’m now a member and it’s great fun and excessive in one go!!:D

www.gravityclimbing.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

https://www.virginmediatelevision.ie/player/show/809/153692/0/Ireland-AM

Ireland AM
    We're joined by the co-owners of Ireland's first alcohol-free pub 'The Virgin Mary Pub', set to open in mid-February on Dublin's Capel Street

https://foodandwine.ie/dublin-s-first-permanent-non-alcoholic-bar-opens-next-month

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

What i don't get is how there isn't more of a campaign by Drinkaware or the government to pressure the vintners on this. There is no excise on these drinks. Now i understand a pub needs to make profit and has overheads to consider but surely €3 or under would be more reasonable. My own local has Fosters on offer for €3 so the fact the healthier and more responsible alcohol free beer is more expansive just beggars belief.

What i don't get is how there isn't more of a campaign by Drinkaware or the government to pressure the vintners on this. There is no excise on these drinks. Now i understand a pub needs to make profit and has overheads to consider but surely €3 or under would be more reasonable. My own local has Fosters on offer for €3 so the fact the healthier and more responsible alcohol free beer is more expansive just beggars belief.

Apologies if this is the wrong board. Please move if it's inappropriate or theres somewhere more suitable.

tenchi-fan wrote:
    So I've decided to quit. Last week I went to the pub with friends three times without drinking anything other than soft drinks.

right i know this has been discussed previously but i met a friend last night and rather than have a coffee or coke, i had a Guinness pure brew, had 2 in the end. Thing is they cost €4.70 which is scandalous.

right i know this has been discussed previously but i met a friend last night and rather than have a coffee or coke, i had a Guinness pure brew, had 2 in the end. Thing is they cost €4.70 which is scandalous.

smegmar wrote:
    I'll have to start with Dublin because I haven't really been travelling much this last year.

smegmar wrote:
    Anyway can we get a sticky with all the venues and events you can suggest for great day, or night. try to include links

smegmar wrote:
    I've been 90% AF for the last year or so, and I can't believe I haven't found this group until now.

smegmar wrote:

smegmar wrote:

smegmar wrote:

smegmar wrote:

Ucc
    smegmar wrote:

smegmar wrote:

Ucc

whats with all the quotes

Advertisement