Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BSC Councelling & Psychotherapy // OU Psychology & Councelling

• 03-02-2019 10:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Hope you can help me with some advice.

I am deciding between 3 degrees to start studying towards this coming year and would love some insights if anyone has studied them previously.

My main decision lies between studying a Psychotherapy & Counselling BSc versus an Open University Psychology degree. Obviously with the OU degree I will need to study further to become accredited as a counselor but the modules in this course interest me a lot more than the BSc in Psychotherapy & Counselling. The Psychotherapy & Counselling course seems like the most logical, quickest path towards accreditation and can be done part time as well as full time.

Did anyone study the OU Psychology degree in the interests of becoming a councellor and what has your experience been with further education and/or course content?

My second question is if anyone has studied the BSc with either PCI or ICHAS and has any personal pro's/cons with either institute?

Thanks in advance!

SM

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Peacemaker

Hi there,

There's plenty of info on ICHAS on this site if you do a quick search. I don't know anything about the psychology course you mention. You can get IACP accreditation with the PCI degree. There's a list of IAHIP recognised training courses you can find with a google search, although I don't think all the relevant courses are listed there. Worth a look. All the best with the decision.

Advertisement