Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

BANDSCAN THREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭radioguru02

castle2012 wrote: »
    Heard it myself today. Has to be an error as they have been off for a while. Looking up fresh fm/Dance one radio online . It's says the manager here in Ireland is a Philip Dixon

Indeed, DanceOne Radio have also promoted the relay

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭turbocab

Sunnyboy10 wrote: »
    I'm sure that that whoever is operating that 99.5 transmitter is not oblivious to what is about to come on that frequency in the coming days also XMAS FM have been testing on that frequency 99.5 fm of late for North Wicklow.

its the same as 93.9fm Dublin south and rte from bray/greystones on the same frequency and sight as Xmas fm

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Sunnyboy10

turbocab wrote: »
    its the same as 93.9fm Dublin south and rte from bray/greystones on the same frequency and sight as Xmas fm

99.5 fm now switched off

• Registered Users Posts: 20,484 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

The local pirate in Dundalk is now on 1614 kHz.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭castle2012

The local pirate in Dundalk is now on 1614 kHz.
    Is that storm?

• Advertisement

Is that storm?

Storm is still on 104.2 I think, I’m guessing he’s talking about an MW station that relays various streams that was on 1494

Now on 1611 kHz having also been on 1616 for a while. Very faint signal on the SDR in Carlow. Mostly oldies music, with some pirate recordings, same as was on 1494 and 6318. One programme is the closedown recordings from 1988.

http://www.dxarchive.com/downloads_irish.html

Anybody hear a carrier on 99.4 fm today?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,619 ✭✭✭Infoanon

Sunnyboy10 wrote: »
    Anybody hear a carrier on 99.4 fm today?
    Probably testing for Christmas FM - carriers and audio will start appearing over the next few days.

HOT FM now have RDS restored on 91.0 with live daytime programming.
    Now FM sounding good on 91.6, Easy with imho much improved audio on 93.2 and the Cube now with regular evening time programming on 101.2 - good selection of 80s music (a station that knows their music ).

Now on 1611 kHz having also been on 1616 for a while. Very faint signal on the SDR in Carlow. Mostly oldies music, with some pirate recordings, same as was on 1494 and 6318. One programme is the closedown recordings from 1988.

http://www.dxarchive.com/downloads_irish.html

Premier Radio maybe?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 pure fm

hi guys nice audio from 93.2 fm easy. not great audio from that 91.0

pure fm wrote: »
    hi guys nice audio from 93.2 fm easy. not great audio from that 91.0

Yes have to agree very nice audio on 93.2 fm a lovely music too.

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Oscarziggy

Very good usable signal on the West Wales coast on 1395khz this afternoon while driving .
    Even stronger than Manx Radio on1368 khz which we know to be on reduced power for mast repairs.
    It was daylight when I listened so 1368 could have been on 600w instead of the 2.5kw at the week ends --- don't want to fry the guys working on the masts.
    Regards

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,293 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Clam

Oscarziggy wrote: »
    Very good usable signal on the West Wales coast on 1395khz this afternoon while driving .
    Even stronger than Manx Radio on1368 khz which we know to be on reduced power for mast repairs.
    It was daylight when I listened so 1368 could have been on 600w instead of the 2.5kw at the week ends --- don't want to fry the guys working on the masts.
    Regards

Energy 1395 also on SW. 7705 Khz to Europe.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 pure fm

retro radio back on air tomorrow on 92.0 fm nice audio from 92.0 fm online

• Registered Users Posts: 5,991 ✭✭✭Declan A Walsh

Fuzzy Clam wrote: »
    Energy 1395 also on SW. 7705 Khz to Europe.

I'm just curious but have Energy been on Short Wave before?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,344 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

Christmas FM on air now in Clare on 105.2. No audio yet

RDS XMAS radio text reads "Johnny Logan - Hold Me Now"

• Christmas FM is going to appear on the FM dial in Sligo on 95.0 for the first time. How strong is their signal usually, will it reach the whole county or just centred on the main county town?

I'm just curious but have Energy been on Short Wave before?

Yes. They were relayed on 6.9 Mhz a few months ago. Low power I believe but they received a number of reports.

Cork:
    87.5 Power
    87.8 True (no RDS)
    104.9 NRG Cork
    107.0 Caroline

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭SATNAV

I see Energy are being relayed on pirate .ie and SW this weekend, they seem to have changed their music format with a lot more 80s .
    Sounding good in Town today .

Oldies station that was on 96.0 has moved to 95.9 in Dublin.

No IDS , no RDS and in mono

Audio is ok , primarily 60s with a few 70s and the odd 80s

Lower power so obliterated by LMFM in many areas.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,991 ✭✭✭Declan A Walsh

Infoanon wrote: »
    Oldies station that was on 96.0 has moved to 95.9 in Dublin.

No IDS , no RDS and in mono

Audio is ok , primarily 60s with a few 70s and the odd 80s

Lower power so obliterated by LMFM in many areas.

Is that a relatively new pirate? Is it automated?

Premier Radio maybe?

I think the same op is on SW as Radio Sovereign. He can be heard occasionally on 6318 (I think) Khz.

SATNAV wrote: »
    I see Energy are being relayed on pirate .ie and SW this weekend, they seem to have changed their music format with a lot more 80s .
    Sounding good in Town today .

The SW relay was only on on Friday evening although it may return on Sunday on a different band, or so I am told ;)

It was still on Pirate.ie earlier when I checked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

Is FK just trolling us all on here? Seriously.

I went onto the website, there is actually a special number to contact FK on, in studio 2.

He has to be trolling us all.

Fuzzy Clam wrote: »
    I think the same op is on SW as Radio Sovereign. He can be heard occasionally on 6318 (I think) Khz.

Those are recordings of Radio Sovereign which was a UK pirate from the past. This station has a lot of old pirate material. Over the last few days it has been on 1611, 1614, 1616 and 1494. Faint but clear signal on the SDR in Carlow at midnight 25 Nov on 1615 kHz. When it is not on medium wave it has been on 6318.

http://emeraldsdr.ddns.net:8073/

Super strong signal in Dundalk, but obviously very low power.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Fresh dj

Heard it myself today. Has to be an error as they have been off for a while. Looking up fresh fm/Dance one radio online . It's says the manager here in Ireland is a Philip Dixon

Yea it is run by Philip Dixon

Ando nows a lottery more than this website people talking about lickin radio nobs to be nosey. No offence.

But he has been around since the Original Dublin based on 93.2 ENERGY 1995-1997 NOW a top engineer on repairs, with this kinda stuff .

All the best

Is that a relatively new pirate? Is it automated?

Only been on for a few weeks - no processing on the audio - automated but a good selection of music.

Today (Sunday) Easy on a blank carrier and Retros audio sounding a bit rough.
    BBC Radio 1 coming in strong on 98.9 wiping Absolutes 80 - no Christmas FM carriers on yet in this neck of the woods (Dublin)

• Advertisement

Those are recordings of Radio Sovereign which was a UK pirate from the past. This station has a lot of old pirate material. Over the last few days it has been on 1611, 1614, 1616 and 1494. Faint but clear signal on the SDR in Carlow at midnight 25 Nov on 1615 kHz. When it is not on medium wave it has been on 6318.

http://emeraldsdr.ddns.net:8073/

Super strong signal in Dundalk, but obviously very low power.

I think that is a different station.

Energy on 3945 and 7705 Khz today for those that have a SW radio. 3945 should be receivable in most of Ireland.

Advertisement