Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

3.5mm Stereo USB Bluetooth Audio Music Receiver Adapter for PC Speaker - €5.03 [Ebay]

• 25-01-2013 10:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭

USB Bluetooth 3.5mm Stereo Audio Music Receiver Adapter for Speakers. - €5.03
    Turn any ordinary speakers into Bluetooth speakers.

Well handy thing to have and it's free delivery.
    Instructions for use:
    Insert the receive the speaker into usb interface, and the other end connected through the 3.5mm audio cable to the receiver and the LINE-IN interface of speakers
    Open the Bluetooth-enabled mobile phone (or computer), and search the surrounding Bluetooth devices to find a device called dmzmusic and then its' pairing code is 0000, after the pairing is successful, the led light will slow down
    Then you can select the music via Bluetooth from a cell phone or computer, a great music will play from speaker

BTspeaker.jpg
    Features:
    Let ordinary speakers instantly become wireless Bluetooth stereo audio music speakers
    Can be paired to any bluetooth enabled devices, such as mobile phone, laptops, speaker and Bluetooth audio transmitter.
    Make music in the audio equipment play by wireless

Specifications:
    Bluetooth Standard: Bluetooth V2.0+EDR, support A2DP V1.2
    Power supply: 5V USB
    Output: 3.5mm Audio interface
    Distance: 5-10 meters
    Sound output rate: 44.1KHZ and 48KHZ

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

Just ordered one. At that price you can't go wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,318 ✭✭✭fergiesfolly

Don't need it.
    Won't use it.
    But...I want it.

Bought two:o

Thanks op

• Registered Users Posts: 4,453 ✭✭✭sioda

^
    What he said but bought one :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭Simi

Cheers op. A Bluetooth speaker for a fiver would really be something!

Pretty sure I have all the necessary parts to cobble together a working system.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,918 ✭✭✭dodzy

It'll end up in the man drawer and will most likely never see the light of day. Nothing is more certain.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭KathleenF

Great find. Spotify + iPad + Bluetooth speakers = happy boardsie!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭peckerhead

Am I missing something, or would your USB port and your 3.5mm audio input not need to be within a few inches of each other for this to work out of the box (without needing an additional 3.5mm~3.5mm audio cable — or a male~female USB extender — to reach)?

Grand if your PC tower has these located side-by-side on the front, I guess...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Del007

Will these work with an iphone/ipad?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

Isn't iOS bluetooth a bit fussy about what it will pair with?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

peckerhead wrote: »
    Am I missing something, or would your USB port and your 3.5mm audio input not need to be within a few inches of each other for this to work out of the box (without needing an additional 3.5mm~3.5mm audio cable — or a male~female USB extender — to reach)?

I presume the usb is for connecting to the power supply?

invest4deepvalue.com

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭Redisle

peckerhead wrote: »

You can just power it using a Mains - USB adaptor like this and use it with any speaker system!
    Isn't iOS bluetooth a bit fussy about what it will pair with?

I have a similar one and it works fine with the Ipod Touches in the house. Just comes up as a bluetooth audio device which is pretty well supported by iOS generally.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,424 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

I plan on hooking it up to the car radio's USB port, feeding the cable through the line in and make it into a Bluetooth car kit :D

antodeco wrote: »
    I plan on hooking it up to the car radio's USB port, feeding the cable through the line in and make it into a Bluetooth car kit :D

But there is no mic so you will have to have have your phone out on the dash, something like this for a dollar more has a mic built in so you can leave your phone in your pocket.

invest4deepvalue.com

• Registered Users Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭moonboy52

Don't need it.
    Won't use it.
    But...I want it.

Bought two:o

Thanks op

Cheers OP

Another cable to go into the cable bag :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭messinkiapina

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Dazza

No it doesn't.
    Found the same linked product just half the price. €1.35! Another impulse buy!
    http://www.ebay.ie/itm/300815014568?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭messinkiapina

Dazza wrote: »
    No it doesn't.
    Found the same linked product just half the price. €1.35! Another impulse buy!
    http://www.ebay.ie/itm/300815014568?

Nice one, another €1.35 won't hurt too much :)

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,424 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Do-more wrote: »

But there is no mic so you will have to have have your phone out on the dash, something like this for a dollar more has a mic built in so you can leave your phone in your pocket.

I've no cigarette lighter in the car! Plus the radio was added afterwards! I don't mind mounting my phone on the dash!

antodeco wrote: »
    I've no cigarette lighter in the car! Plus the radio was added afterwards! I don't mind mounting my phone on the dash!
    Fair enough, if you have to put the phone up on the dash then a cheaper option would be to plug the phone in to the aux in on the radio with a 3.5mm to 3.5mm jack lead it'll also give you better sound quality and reliability than bluetooth and you won't need to have bluetooth switched on on your phone draining the battery.

invest4deepvalue.com

• Registered Users Posts: 30,021 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

No sign of this yet... must be due in post soon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,453 ✭✭✭sioda

Good ol Postie. Look what arrived this morning and ok I was massively sceptical but have this working streight out of the envelope crystal clear no sync or connection issues amazed I tell you :)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

sioda wrote: »
    Good ol Postie. Look what arrived this morning and ok I was massively sceptical but have this working streight out of the envelope crystal clear no sync or connection issues amazed I tell you :)

Mine is still AWOL for now. Though since I bought it I realised I have absolutely no use for it.

Oh well.

Mine arrived today (ordered 2 of them)

Range doesn't seem the best, seems to be about 3meters before I get interrupted audio (might have to try mod the antenna)

same chip as this device(different board design)
    http://www.penguin.cz/~utx/hardware/Bluetooth_receiver_Enjoy_BT-AU01/

Mine arrived today (ordered 2 of them)

Range doesn't seem the best, seems to be about 3meters before I get interrupted audio (might have to try mod the antenna)

same chip as this device(different board design)
    http://www.penguin.cz/~utx/hardware/Bluetooth_receiver_Enjoy_BT-AU01/

Mine still hasn't arrived yet. But if it's just being delievered using normal post it probably won't get lost.

3 meters sounds pretty decent for something that costs a fiver. As long as it's more than the length of a 2m cable to make it worthwhile. I hope it's better than the one you have linked at least.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

Mine arrived today. No real setup required. Not the best build quality but seems to do the job well so I'm happy enough with it. Definitely worth €5

Simi wrote: »
    Mine still hasn't arrived yet. But if it's just being delievered using normal post it probably won't get lost.

3 meters sounds pretty decent for something that costs a fiver. As long as it's more than the length of a 2m cable to make it worthwhile. I hope it's better than the one you have linked at least.

Nothing like the one linked. No complaints about sound quality or operation or build quality. Neat little device.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Del007

Do-more wrote: »

Has anyone used one of the Bluetooth car kits linked above? I'd be very interested in getting one

Mine came in the post today. Very impressive little device. Works at up to 10m through a wall!

I was hoping it'd work from one side of the room to the other, but it works from any room in the upstairs of my house and I was halfway down the stairs before it cut out.

I'm using a USB extension lead to connect it directly to a USB socket adapter which might help at mitigating any interference.

Sound quality is comparable to a set of cheap headphones, which is to be expected.

This was all tested using my old SGS running android 4.21 (the version with supposedly broken Bluetooth), which may have helped with the range.

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭the_pod

When you say "Sound quality is comparable to a set of cheap headphones", what sort of speakers were you using?

• Advertisement

the_pod wrote: »
    When you say "Sound quality is comparable to a set of cheap headphones", what sort of speakers were you using?

Fairly decent Wharfedale PC speakers with a subwoofer. I don't mean that the output literally sounds like a pair of cheap headphones, just that it's more compressed sounding (it is infact being recompressed on the fly) than a normal wired connection, and the highs are lacking.

I'm not saying it's bad, just don't expect crystal clear audio. Anyway for something that cost a fiver and came half way round the world it's nothing short of amazing!

Advertisement