Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Football Tips Thread IV

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 354 ✭✭Fanny Biscuit

Manutd -1
    Crystal Palace
    Anderlecht

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Robdoo

mike65 wrote: »
    Celtic v Kilmarnock

Sounds like a gimme, maybe a +3.5 or -2 handicap if you have a spare tenner!

-2 @ 6/4 on PP looks good to me

• Registered Users Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

Celtic v Kilmarnock

Does look appealing. Will chance my arm at -3.5

EDIT: THis looks like a write off.
    EDIT2: We have a goal in the first half, maybe not quite so bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 922 ✭✭✭Fitzcal

Over 1.5 goals first half Celtic game@11/10 looks the pick

• Registered Users Posts: 53,823 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Thanks alot Mike65

• Advertisement

Jackobyte wrote: »
    Does look appealing. Will chance my arm at -3.5

EDIT: THis looks like a write off.
    EDIT2: We have a goal in the first half, maybe not quite so bad.

Ah, balls to that anyway. Good call Mike. They should have gotten that 5th goal alright. Even in injury time, they had some great breaks, but the player ran the ball when he could easily have squared it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭Radonman

Any thoughts on Ajax tomorrow evening Inforfun?

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Robdoo

Celtic v Kilmarnock

Robdoo wrote: »
    -2 @ 6/4 on PP looks good to me

cheers mike

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Heh! If I had done that bet myself I'd have been a bit worried for all but the last minute I'd say! They left it late.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,744 ✭✭✭P.Walnuts

P.Walnuts wrote: »
    Lokking at it again i'm going to change it a little alright, still think Everton will win though

Everton
    United/Southampton Overs
    Reading/Chelsea Overs

@3.60

:D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Radonman wrote: »
    Any thoughts on Ajax tomorrow evening Inforfun?

Not many after what happened last sunday.
    Ajax 2-0 up, 20 minutes to go.
    Vitesse won it 3-2

Vitesse of course still without Bony. Who actually might have played his last match for Vitesse.

Most likely the same players on the pitch tonight.

Situation at the top of the league as it is, both teams will take it serious as the cup is a free ride into Europe while one of the top 5 will have to go through play off at the end of the season for the EL.

Zwolle, AZ and PSV are through so with a home match against Zwolle you are in the final most likely.

I dont go for anything before the match starts. Anyhting could happen, including a 0-0 and ET leading to penalties.
    If you really cant help yourself you can do worse bets than any of the 2 to score over 1,5.

Also Jansen to score for Vitesse if odds are @4 or higher which i doubt. He likes the big matches, he is on his best then.

Edit:

Forgot to add 1 not important detail.
    The match is Vitesse - Ajax but will not be played in Arnhem.
    Due to some concert taking place in the Vitesse Stadium in 1 or 2 days this match is relocated to Emmen.
    Small stadium, more than likely a worse pitch than in Arnhem where they have the roof closed with bad weather.
    While not really playing at home might not do Vitesse any favours, a bad pitch certainly will not help Ajax.

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭Drogmal

P.Walnuts wrote: »

Bet your glad you left Chelsea out now. Got a nice payout on my BTTS treble too, shame Barca and Real couldn't take more of there many chances last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

FAI Junior Cup this weekend.

My home club, Tullamore Town, play in Limerick against Regional United. Tullamore are 5/1 with Boyles and worth a bet. Tullamore Town are 100/1 with Boyles to win it out, Regional are 40/1. Last weekend Tullamore beat a strong Collinstown team 3-1, Collinstown are 20/1 to win the FAI Junior Cup so are a strong side.

One day we bet on Real - Barca, the next day it is Tullamore Town - Regional Utd.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭linvoysblues

Championship game on a Thursday? Can't call this one tonight, think I'll give it a miss. Perhaps under 2.5 goals in this one and the Copa Del Rey semi.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,410 ✭✭✭ConorCBS

Championship game on a Thursday? Can't call this one tonight, think I'll give it a miss. Perhaps under 2.5 goals in this one and the Copa Del Rey semi.

Leicester win for me. They've been excellent recently and Chris Wood is banging them in.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,610 ✭✭✭shocksy

Over 2.5 double

Leicester Vs Wolves

Atletico Madrid Vs Sevilla

Odds 3.18

€20 on....

YayaBanana wrote: »
    FAI Junior Cup this weekend.

My home club, Tullamore Town, play in Limerick against Regional United. Tullamore are 5/1 with Boyles and worth a bet. Tullamore Town are 100/1 with Boyles to win it out, Regional are 40/1. Last weekend Tullamore beat a strong Collinstown team 3-1, Collinstown are 20/1 to win the FAI Junior Cup so are a strong side.

Heh, Regional would be my local team. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,610 ✭✭✭shocksy

shocksy wrote: »
    Over 2.5 double

Leicester Vs Wolves

Atletico Madrid Vs Sevilla

Odds 3.18

€20 on....

That'll do :D

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭linvoysblues

shocksy wrote: »
    That'll do :D

You've got a great system there shocksy, take my bet and do the exact opposite. You'll win every time!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭Matt_Trakker

Regular Poster Smithwicks Man has been wrongly banned, I think the regular posters here should lend a hand, it's in the prison forum....or at least the mods here can put that other mod straight?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,513 ✭✭✭seanhynes

Dundee Utd at home to Rangers EVENS ((Marathonbet) that's surely insane odds

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭TheStook

Regular Poster Smithwicks Man has been wrongly banned, I think the regular posters here should lend a hand, it's in the prison forum....or at least the mods here can put that other mod straight?

I'm not a regular here by any means but I'm just after reading through that prison thread and that is messed up. It genuinely made me mad just reading it..There's not much we can do anyway, but surely one of the mods here can sort that out?

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭shteve

That is beyond ridiculous tbf :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭Matt_Trakker

I'm taking Werder Bremen to win tonight, they were evens with Stan James this morning, has fallen to 1.95, and their opponents Hannover are nothing but dire on the road.
    Form doesn't look the best for Werder, but the only games they've lost at home were against the top 3 teams.
    If Hannover lose tonight it'll be their 5th in a row on the road.
    The only reason I can see that Werder are priced so high is because of the trouncing they got last week off the mighty Dortmund.

Werder win, 1.95 Various

Nice odds on Finbogasson has to be said.
    @2.1 to score any time against RKC (away)
    The man scored in 11 of his last 13 matches a total of 13 goals.

And it is his birthday (total random fact of the day #1)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,593 ✭✭✭DoctaDee

inforfun wrote: »
    Nice odds on Finbogasson has to be said.
    @2.1 to score any time against RKC (away)
    The man scored in 11 of his last 13 matches a total of 13 goals.

And it is his birthday (total random fact of the day #1)

LOL....Speaking personally I always like to score on my birthday....

I'm taking Werder Bremen to win tonight, they were evens with Stan James this morning, has fallen to 1.95, and their opponents Hannover are nothing but dire on the road.
    Form doesn't look the best for Werder, but the only games they've lost at home were against the top 3 teams.
    If Hannover lose tonight it'll be their 5th in a row on the road.
    The only reason I can see that Werder are priced so high is because of the trouncing they got last week off the mighty Dortmund.

Werder win, 1.95 Various

Werder had 2 players sent off last week away to HSV which they lost 3-2. You might want to go for goals in stead of HW.

Goal line over 3 is @1,8/1,85

DoctaDee wrote: »
    LOL....Speaking personally I always like to score on my birthday....

Scored goals by the bucket load but never on my birthday. Having my birthday in the summer break didnt help though :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,593 ✭✭✭DoctaDee

inforfun wrote: »
    Scored goals by the bucket load but never on my birthday. Having my birthday in the summer break didnt help though :D

Can you send a message home for them to crank up the number of goals in Eerste Divisie Inforfun ... I'm getting killed on the overs bets recently ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement