Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Westside Connection Rebanding: Mack 10 Out, Whos in??

• 15-07-2008 10:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27,583 ✭✭✭✭ T. Hanks^

Just spotted this on HipHopdx.com, seems as The Game is joining Westide Connection as they are rebanding. Exciting stuff me thinks. Personally i think Ice-Cube lyrically is one of the best MCs ever. Combine with Games raw sound and his knowledge for a good beat, could be real good. Don't forget WC :P

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭Jay Ru

games knowledge for a good beat ?????????????????? and i thought the game was retiring?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 888 ✭✭✭tdc

would love to see the game in wc, a big step up from g-unit. what happened to mack 10?

Jay Ru wrote: »
    games knowledge for a good beat ??????????????????

you do not think the beats in game's songs are any good?????????????????????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

i would assume he is more getting at the fact that the Game doesnt create alot of his own beats!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 beat2416

At the minute game has one of the best ears for a beat out there, no doubt. Hopefully this will take the retirement thoughts from Game. Get Ice Cube on some 50 dissing with him, maybe we can see some cude vs Dre dissing, some more post nwa drama

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,717 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I'm on the fence about this one, I think that Westside Connection stopped recording at the right time. When they got together Cube, Mack 10 and WC had alot of solo momentum and was kind of a supergroup when they formed. It was also a good period for music coming from the west coast and they knocked out some absolute bangers.

But I think they have all lost that momentum at the moment, even The Game would not have as much clout as a few years ago when there was massive hype about him.

But hopefully they click and re-ignite what I think is a lull/coasting point in thier careers....is lull the right word, not meant in a negative way, just saying they are established and are not breaking any major new ground individually.

tdc wrote: »
    you do not think the beats in game's songs are any good?????????????????????

maybe his first album, theres a handful of quality beats but thats bout it. the 2nd album had very average beats and lyric's. then theres all the unreleased stuff that surfaced earlier this year and if u ask me they shud of stayed unreleased. the game in a very average rapper, his first album was pretty impressive but the follow up was as boring as fffk, he's basically a west coast version of Memphis Bleek and by that i mean all he seems to talk bout is the person who helped put him on, drugs, money and bitches. The Westside Connection had their time, they shud of left it that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,583 ✭✭✭✭ T. Hanks^

maybe his first album, theres a handful of quality beats but thats bout it. the 2nd album had very average beats and lyric's. then theres all the unreleased stuff that surfaced earlier this year and if u ask me they shud of stayed unreleased. the game in a very average rapper, his first album was pretty impressive but the follow up was as boring as fffk, he's basically a west coast version of Memphis Bleek and by that i mean all he seems to talk bout is the person who helped put him on, drugs, money and bitches. The Westside Connection had their time, they shud of left it that way.

This topic never was about The game being a great rapper/or bad, so try and stick to what were talking about. What i said was he has a great ear for a great beat.
    I appricaite your opinion that you think different but theres no need for the other off topic information tbh.

On the point of ice cube, wc and game, all have great sounding voices too with each having a distinctive sound. Im quite excited to see how this works out.

beat2416 wrote: »
    At the minute game has one of the best ears for a beat out there, no doubt. Hopefully this will take the retirement thoughts from Game. Get Ice Cube on some 50 dissing with him, maybe we can see some cude vs Dre dissing, some more post nwa drama

i seriously hope you are joking about cube dissing 50 and dre. why would he diss dre? they are on good terms. as for dissing 50, that is game's thing which started in 2005 and will hopefully end asap. why drag all that tired beef into westside connection?

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭ItsNugget

Dre and cube havent been on good terms the last few years apparently. Since The last time they toured together. Thats why they never did the proper nwa reunion. Cube has publicly dissed 50 cent. So its hardly dragging beef in if its already there. I can imgaine this album being pretty bad if it happens. Cube is a bit hit and miss these days. Still capable of a few great tunes but a lot of crap. Game is the most overated mc in the world. And wc is your average workaday hypeman always in the background but never his own star type rapper, ala sheek locuh, memph bleek etc

• Advertisement

ItsNugget wrote: »
    Dre and cube havent been on good terms the last few years apparently. Since The last time they toured together. Thats why they never did the proper nwa reunion. Cube has publicly dissed 50 cent. So its hardly dragging beef in if its already there.

Ice Cube on 50 Cent and The Game

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CWMFhp0ptek&eurl=http://www.hhboard.com/hip-hop-talk/360504-07-16-08-ice-cube-50-future-legend-2.html

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭ItsNugget

Yeah id say he respects him and all. But he dissed him on a track with mack 10 and wc about a year or two back.

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    This topic never was about The game being a great rapper/or bad, so try and stick to what were talking about. What i said was he has a great ear for a great beat.
    I appricaite your opinion that you think different but theres no need for the other off topic information tbh.

On the point of ice cube, wc and game, all have great sounding voices too with each having a distinctive sound. Im quite excited to see how this works out.

eh....... this discussion is bout the westside connection reforming and the game becoming a new member right? so therefor discussing the Games skills is on topic. btw Bertie Ahern had a fairly distinctive voice u think he shud start rapping? Cube was and is the only outstanding member of W.C. everybody else is just there to make up the numbers if u ask me, and the Game isn't good enough to hold Cubes mic. IMHO the only reason he's in the group is because he's the only guy on the west coast who (besides snoop) is selling any kind of major numbers!!!!!!!!

eh....... this discussion is bout the westside connection reforming and the game becoming a new member right? so therefor discussing the Games skills is on topic. btw Bertie Ahern had a fairly distinctive voice u think he shud start rapping? Cube was and is the only outstanding member of W.C. everybody else is just there to make up the numbers if u ask me, and the Game isn't good enough to hold Cubes mic. IMHO the only reason he's in the group is because he's the only guy on the west coast who (besides snoop) is selling any kind of major numbers!!!!!!!!
    Wow some serious bashing going on in the hip hop forums of late. clever man bertie ahern ha ha no no. don't talk sh*t please. game has a very original rapping sound to his voice its raspy and aggresive. open your ears lad and stop joining sides like an american hip-hop fan.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

I think you missed his point.

As for the joining sides lark, does the fact that he doesn't like The Game mean he has joined a side or just that he hasn't joined the side that you're on?

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,717 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

ItsNugget wrote: »
    And wc is your average workaday hypeman always in the background but never his own star type rapper, ala sheek locuh, memph bleek etc

not so sure about that, WC released an absoutely fantastic album in Curb Servin' a few years back and the release after that was pretty solid too.

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Wow some serious bashing going on in the hip hop forums of late. clever man bertie ahern ha ha no no. don't talk sh*t please. game has a very original rapping sound to his voice its raspy and aggresive. open your ears lad and stop joining sides like an american hip-hop fan.

u listen to artists like eminem and the game and ur telling me to open MY ears, c'mon man why don't u open ur own ears and realise there alot better music out there than those top 40 mc's. don't get me wrong Em's got skills but nearly all his music regularly appears in top 40 pop charts around the world. why don't u dig a little deeper search out artists like Supasition, Elzi (of slum village) Phat Kat and if u want to hear what one of the most original sounding voices in hip hop why don't a goggle a guy by the name of Lord Have Mercy. the Game is far from the first raspy, aggressive sounding mc in the hip hop, do ur homework son :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Let's just nip this in the bud now and not get into a stupid argument about who listens to better rappers and keep it on topic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 bricktop_ucc3

i'm thinking this is just more hype similar to the re-emergence of NWA a few years back, personally i don't think Westside Connect would be any better for losing quality like Mack 10 and gaining an artist like The Game. The Game bugs the **** out of me to be honest, there only so much you can listen to a man go on about his ''cherry six four (fo').''

Westside connection had popularity not only because of the quality of the artist within it but because at the time the West Coast was running the rap game in America, with the hard base kicks etc. what would be nice though is to see Cube get back on track and bring us back to the days of quality like Death Certificate.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭evil_seed

• Advertisement

u listen to artists like eminem and the game and ur telling me to open MY ears, c'mon man why don't u open ur own ears and realise there alot better music out there than those top 40 mc's. don't get me wrong Em's got skills but nearly all his music regularly appears in top 40 pop charts around the world. why don't u dig a little deeper search out artists like Supasition, Elzi (of slum village) Phat Kat and if u want to hear what one of the most original sounding voices in hip hop why don't a goggle a guy by the name of Lord Have Mercy. the Game is far from the first raspy, aggressive sounding mc in the hip hop, do ur homework son :rolleyes:
    yes i listen to more mainstream hip-hop, i don't listen to much underground wow what a sin. quote "the Game is far from the first raspy, aggressive sounding mc in the hip hop, do ur homework son" when i said quote "game has a very original rapping sound to his voice its raspy and aggresive" ....the first??? where you pulling that from???? you aint making any sense there...son

yeah, not so excited about hearing the new Westside Connection stuff after listening to that a few times.

Is it just me or is Cube really really weak in that song?

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    yeah, not so excited about hearing the new Westside Connection stuff after listening to that a few times.

Is it just me or is Cube really really weak in that song?

Cube hasn't been on point for a long time, he shud stick to making movies. he's got to much money nowadays he's lost that hunger he had on his earlier material.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 bricktop_ucc3

Cube hasn't been on point for a long time, he shud stick to making movies. he's got to much money nowadays he's lost that hunger he had on his earlier material.

thats true, his voice even sounds less raw, sounds like its a hollywood voice. This is probably the reason why so many MC's fall off after first album success, too much money not enough passion!

cudn't agree more, its happened to so many emcee's ll cool j, wyclef, method man (although his last album was pretty good). i guess it boils down to the attitude and mind state of the rappers, i mean ur perspective is gonna change when ur no longer rapping to literally save ur life.

Advertisement