Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Football Tips Thread IV

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

I have mentioned this bet previously and it came in. Bayern have an amazing defensive record this season especially away from home (9 clean sheets and only one goal conceded in their 10 away games) Wolfsburg are not exactly prolific at home (only 9 goals scored in their 10 home games).
    Bayern to win with a clean sheet at 13/10

• Registered Users Posts: 9,351 ✭✭✭magherakid

Cobh Ramblers V Limerick @ 7:45

Cobh return to the 1st division this season after a few years away from professional football, and it's great to see them back, Limerick's pre season has been knocked back by poor weather and cancellations, with the league only 4 weeks away they'll hopefully be giving most of the seniors a run tonight and I think they will be much too strong for Cobh.

Teams might hopefully make it to twitter before kick off.

howd this end? Cobh Ramblers v Cork tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 14,233 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

magherakid wrote: »

Limerick were 1 up at half time, ended Ramblers 3 - 2!

Cork will beat them, goals could be a better market though,

I'll get some info closer to the game, very hard to get anything on Ramblers though, they're like ninjas.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

I'll get some info closer to the game, very hard to get anything on Ramblers though, they're like ninjas.
    Was told by a friend who follows Limerick closely that it wasn't a full strength team at all.

one for the inplay market.................Cork play Cliftonville monday night return fixture setanta cup

• Advertisement

one for the inplay market.................Cork play Cliftonville monday night return fixture setanta cup

Can see cliftonville win & under 2.5 if they put out a good squad this time.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

NEC - VVV
    Surprised to see NEC @1.53 allthough VVV leaks less goals away than at home.
    NEC won 3 out of 3 since the winter break, including away at Utrecht
    Might have a punt at Boymans (NEC) to score any time. Scored 2 in 2 since joining NEC on loan from AZ

• Registered Users Posts: 3,377 ✭✭✭Smithwicks Man

Insane odds on Balotelli with Paddypower for tomorrow night.

12/5 Wincast (Odds on elsewhere)
    17/10 Anytime scorer (Odds on elsewhere)
    11/2 First scorer (16/5 elsewhere)
    4/1 Insurebet 1st scorer

Can't understand it. Robinho and El Sharaawy aren't even in the squad... And Balotelli is cup tied for the Champions League so he'll must likely play 90 mins tomorrow unless he's unfit (Haven't heard anything to suggest this)

Dream odds to say the least

Shortened significantly now. Wincast went from 12/5 to 5/4 :eek:

And Anytime is 8/11 as well.

Hope some of you got on, bad mistake by them and if all goes well this could be a fantastic night

:D Cobh keeper

https://twitter.com/RobertBirdsall/status/302419143112663040

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭PunterAssist

German Bundesliga - Bayer Leverkusen v Augsburg - Bayer Leverkusen to win - 1.53 (William Hill)

English Championship - Derby v Wolverhampton - Derby to win 'Draw No Bet' - 1.45 (Ladbrokes)

French Ligue 1 - Reims v St Etienne - Under 2.5 Goals - 1.57 (BetVictor)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

Arsenal v Blackburn
    With the big game against Bayern Munich on Tuesday evening I expect Wenger will want to rest some of his big hitters for that game so the quotes of 3/10 for an Arsenal make little appeal against Michael Appleton's Championship outfit. With changes anticipated by the home side I'm going to go with both teams to score at 8/11.
    Whatever side Arsenal field you would expect them to find a way past the Blackburn defence. Blackburn are the fourth highest scorers away from home in the Championship with 23 goals from their 15 games. Arsenal have conceded 8 goals in their last 5 league games at the Emirates , while both Brighton and Swansea have hit 2 goals past them in both rounds of this competition.
    Jordan Rhodes anytime 15/8. Too big a price for a player with 20 goals in 30 games. He found the net in the previous round in a 3-0 win at Derby.

Oldham v Everton
    Liverpool's conquerors meet their great Merseyside rivals in Everton in the fifth round. The league one team have changed manager since the win over Liverpool with Paul Dickov's assistant in temporary charge for this game. Everton have reached the fifth round having won both away games against Blackburn and Cheltenham respectively. In both these wins they let the opposition score and some of their defending has been shaky recently (I'm thinking the 1st goal against Man Utd last weekend) so again I'm going to suggest both teams to score at a very enticing 5/6.
    Having been man-marked very effectively by Phil Jones in his last game I expect Felliani to take out his frustrations in this game. 9/2 first goalscorer looks a good price.

Bayern Munich & over 2.5 goals 1/1 looks good tonight on it

• Registered Users Posts: 6,109 ✭✭✭Cavehill Red

Can see cliftonville win & under 2.5 if they put out a good squad this time.

Do not bank on this. There is no incentive for Breslin to do so, other than to placate fans who were angered at the reserves' performance in Cork.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,815 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

If it was me id wait for the lineups

they have the bundesliga basically won and have a CL game next week

I wouldnt be surprised to see some players rested

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Shortened significantly now. Wincast went from 12/5 to 5/4 :eek:

And Anytime is 8/11 as well.

Hope some of you got on, bad mistake by them and if all goes well this could be a fantastic night

Got on the wincast at 12/5. Will be a phenomenal price if it goes through :P

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Taken all matches apart from Den Bosch - Volendam (PP) and Telstart - Fortuna over 2,5 @11.63

Reason i leave the 2nd one out is that those 2 are the only teams with less than 50% overs in league.
    So when they play eachother.... expect a 5-5 result

inforfun wrote: »
    Taken all matches apart from Den Bosch - Volendam (PP) and Telstart - Fortuna over 2,5 @11.63

Reason i leave the 2nd one out is that those 2 are the only teams with less than 50% overs in league.
    So when they play eachother.... expect a 5-5 result

Took all games over 2.5 and BTTS for few pennies

Double Over 2.5 goals
    Sparta Rotterdam v FC Eindhoven 2/5
    Top Oss v De Graafschap 1/2

Got on the wincast at 12/5. Will be a phenomenal price if it goes through :P

Nice. Serious value, pretty bad mistake on their part.

Insurebet 1st scorer has dropped from 4/1 to 13/8 :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭Photo-Sniper

30 euro on Ballotelli Wincast at 12/5

150 euro on Ballotelli anytime at 8/11. Good luck tonight everyone!

Do not bank on this. There is no incentive for Breslin to do so, other than to placate fans who were angered at the reserves' performance in Cork.

Of course, as I said depending on the teams out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭Lasagna Diarra

Bastia DNB @ 1.70 (vs Nice)

I can't see Bastia lose this game cuz:
    - it's a big derby (they haven't lost a derby this season)
    - Bastia will finally play in their own stadium... their last home game was 3 months ago ! (they had a stadium ban)
    - they have very passionate supporters and there should be a great atmosphere in the stadium after 3 months without a game in Bastia
    - there will be no Nice supporters in the stadium (for safety reasons)
    - Nice are without their topscorer Cvitanich, as well as their regular right back and right winger. No important missings for Bastia

Bet of the week for me, I'd be very surprised if Bastia lost this game.

Mario > Bendtner

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Bayern away to Wolfsburg - its a weaker starting 11 but the bench has plenty on it

http://int.soccerway.com/matches/2013/02/15/germany/bundesliga/vfl-wolfsburg/fc-bayern-munchen/1300963/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,410 ✭✭✭ConorCBS

Balotelli needs to do it on the international stage. Like Bendtner in the Euros. Mr Paddy Power.

Not sure if you're serious... :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 53,815 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Then again Balotelli is ****. It's a shame we didn't get Bendtner in on loan, Conte doesn't rate him but truely a world class striker in the Bergkamp/Berbatov mold, with the potential to be far better.

I think your living up to your name at the moment lol

Headshot wrote: »
    I think your living up to your name at the moment lol

You just can't leave your laptop unattended at college these days :pac:

Wasn't me lads, I'm a Balotelli fan :pac:

Ignore that! He starts up front with with Boateng and Niang. Not sure if Milan are going to switch to a 4312 for this game in preparation for the Barca game or not, but it doesn't matter really! Here's hoping!

any word on Cork team?

any word on Cork team?

nah not a thing, waiting on a text from a mate there

• Advertisement

nah not a thing, waiting on a text from a mate there

what you think

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement