Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

I don't know where we're going, but it can only be 5K away

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,330 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Ne'er an apple turnover left.

*sniff*

Anyone know what the bright flashing light in the sky is? Off in a roughly southern direction. Maybe I'll get probed ... :p

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Ne'er an apple turnover left.

*sniff*

Anyone know what the bright flashing light in the sky is? Off in a roughly southern direction. Maybe I'll get probed ... :p

Nothing to worry about that's just my drone....😏

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,721 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

It's Venus telling us there is indeed life there because the kids are messing with the light switch

• Registered Users Posts: 10,030 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

28th teat yesterday with results in 7 hours, so now airport bound for a 7am flight.

Apple crumble, I haven’t eaten anything sweet in 3 weeks, so gimme some :)

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

How do you mean you don't have a couch

Just that! No couch here! lol.... Funny question! They are not compulsory :confused:

• Advertisement

Effective tomorrow, I’m legally permitted to fly out/in to this country. Need a PCR test and to register on their tracking APP.

Yet for some strange reason, I have absolutely no interest in going anywhere :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,721 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Busman's holiday?

Yep pretty much, have the good weather and beer, spending time with the missus and the mutt, why would I want to travel and stay in another hotel 😂

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The Crazy Cat Lady

hello all :) just a quick hello, am heading to cahir tomorrow for a day out, hope I can sleep

Smurf, i'll be similar myself the next few days :)

Cat Lady, hope you have a nice trip!.

• Advertisement

Graces7 wrote: »
    Been blowing a loud gale all night out here in the Atlantic... first of the autumnal gales.

As for bread. The white stuff they sent by mistake made me ill and reading the label.... So many toxic additiives.. So, deep breath and financial jugglings, I need to order a basic breadmaker … I have flour etc..

Idea abandoned; I had no idea of the cost of those things. Ay me! So out of touch!

Listening to the wind quieting at last. Bliss in the golden silence..intend to sleep for at least a week... zzzzzzzzzzzzzz

signing out the while therefore! Stay safe; stay well.. Will try to keep the weblog going and check my email.

hello all :) just a quick hello, am heading to cahir tomorrow for a day out, hope I can sleep

safe journey and happy landings!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭wildwillow

Graces7 wrote: »
    Idea abandoned; I had no idea of the cost of those things. Ay me! So out of touch!

Listening to the wind quieting at last. Bliss in the golden silence..intend to sleep for at least a week... zzzzzzzzzzzzzz

signing out the while therefore! Stay safe; stay well.. Will try to keep the weblog going and check my email.

Why not soda bread.. So easy to make and no kneading. Add as many seeds or nuts, fruit you want to the basic recipie. Bextartar and breadsoda work with fresh milk.

No waiting for proving, ordinary flour, no noise from those machines.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭fineso.mom

wildwillow wrote: »
    Why not soda bread.. So easy to make and no kneading. Add as many seeds or nuts, fruit you want to the basic recipie. Bextartar and breadsoda work with fresh milk.

No waiting for proving, ordinary flour, no noise from those machines.
    Or griddle bread, made in a frying pan. My grandaunt started making it when her oven broke when she was 94. Made it every day for 4 years. Gas on low and she would sit near the hob knitting so she could turn it over now and again without getting up. It's about 35 years since she passed away, but I can still remember the crusty, buttery griddle bread hot from the pan every morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 312 ✭✭Onshuh

In work on a Monday morning. Sure where would you rather be? I was going to write a song for ye about happy I am to be in work but the words wouldn't come..... uuuuggghhh

Heading to the pharmacy for supplies then home to bed.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 140 ✭✭GoatBoy74

I live in England and I came home and quarantined. I've been here for three weeks now and didn't leave the house for the first two so please don't assume people coming into Ireland are all idiots who don't give a sh1t. This attitude drives me insane. I purposely stayed away until now but I'm sure you'll appreciate that not seeing any family or friends in 7 months is quite difficult.

No problem with anyone living/working abroad coming home for whatever reason.
    Do have a problem with people taking unnecessary holidays to high risk countries.

" I want the truth! "...." You can't handle the truth!!! "......... sorry just really felt like saying that.... :D

I'd love to let a roar like that myself Onshuh ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

GoatBoy74 wrote: »
    No problem with anyone living/working abroad coming home for whatever reason.
    Do have a problem with people taking unnecessary holidays to high risk countries.

I don't like it either but you cannot control other people. You can only look after yourself. This is meant to be a light hearted thread and sniping posts judging other people or their family are pointless.

And to get back on topic, I am couch side about to have breakfast.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

I am working and with the weather forecast for today I know its going to suck a big one.
    But sure guaranteed that had I have booked today off it would lash rain!

(The pessimist in me is winning the battle of wills today)

Reading emails first thing this morning and see the director of the company replying to a customer saying I'll talk to Onshuh on Monday. I'm really hoping he was just humouring them as I don't feel up to it this morning uuuuggghhh

• Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

I'm up but I'm a sleepy head and fighting the urge to go back to bed. Someone pep talk me into the shower. In other news, I'm 95% recovered from my dose so have no excuse for lounging around like an inert lump.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,004 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Sardonicat wrote: »
    I'm up but I'm a sleepy head and fighting the urge to go back to bed. Someone pep talk me into the shower. In other news, I'm 95% recovered from my dose so have no excuse for lounging around like an inert lump.

Nah, go back to the scratcher.

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Coffee number two of the day.

I'd swear there is a motivation drainer installed in this chair.

Was all set to get stuck into work when I was making the coffee, plonk the butt in the chair & it's all gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,190 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

I work in Cahir!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,190 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Workside, happy to report no gentlemen came in my utility window last night. Just the cat who was happily ensconced in his bed this morning.

Very excited to hear that Matt Damon and Ben Affleck may be in my work vicinity to shoot a movie at Cahir Castle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The Crazy Cat Lady

Samsgirl wrote: »
    I work in Cahir!

that's cool :) what do you work as, if you don't mind me asking?

Sadly I didn't get to cahir in the end, had a headache from lack of sleep :(

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭3d4life

I used to have to do a lot of driving and have a soft spot for Cahir ( actually had a couple of customers in the town ). After it was bypassed I used to make a point of going the old road thru it even if I didnt have to do a stop there. Its more than 10 years since then. Has the town changed much ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭thomil

Deskside, trying to wrap my head around that discovery on Venus that was announced an hour or two ago.

Good luck trying to figure me out. I haven't managed that myself yet!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement