Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

AMC reportedly developing film spinoff for Daryl Dixon

Options
  • 17-04-2020 3:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭

Norman Reedus‘s character in the hit AMC series The Walking Dead is about to get his own spin-off film, according to reports.

In The Walking Dead, Reedus plays Daryl Dixon, the expert tracker whose weapon of choice is a crossbow.

Initially part of an ensemble cast, Daryl has become the central player in the series, as other stars have seen their characters meet violent ends.

According to a report in We Got This Covered, AMC is currently in talks to develop a standalone Daryl Dixon film.

“As far as the chronology of the Walking Dead-verse is concerned, Daryl’s standalone film will presumably take place after either season 11 or 12,” says the post.

The film will supposedly “see him searching for former series protagonist Rick Grimes while throwing in some flashbacks with his volatile brother Merle, who died in season 3 episode 15, ‘This Sorrowful Life.’”

The report will come as spiriting news for fans of the series who have been left disappointed after The Walking Dead season 10 finale was postponed until later this year due to the coronavirus.

Source: Independent

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,113 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Ah Jesus, would they just give it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,423 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Sure there was talk of Rick Grimes spin off films. Didn't amount to much...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

Sure there was talk of Rick Grimes spin off films. Didn't amount to much...

The Rick movies are most definitely happening, there was a teaser trailer a few months ago;

Speaking to Collider, chief content officer Gimple explained that the movies are still happening, although the pandemic has meant that they are taking a little bit longer to make sure that they get things "right".

"We're following the same general plan but movies take a little longer and we're playing with it in all sorts of directions," he said. "And then, the pandemic happened, which gave us the opportunity or the necessity to do that.

"We're still doing that. Andy is super involved. [Creator Robert Kirkman] is super involved. It really is proceeding. It's just that current circumstances have given us a little extra time that we seem to need anyways. We really want to do it right."

Gimple added: "We've been working on the script and playing around with different aspects of it, but it's still fairly early in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭pjcb

so this is going to be set and filmed in Europe https://www.denofgeek.com/tv/the-walking-dead-daryl-spinoff-setting/ and McBride isn't doing it cos she doesn't want to move to Europe

• Registered Users Posts: 12,400 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Makes 0 sense. Of all the characters that could possibly end up in Europe, Daryl is the least likely.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 84,994 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

TWD: Daryl Dixon Get Early Season 2 Renewal

• Registered Users Posts: 51,113 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

First episode streamed last night on AMC+.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,240 ✭✭✭Mav11

Just watched it.

Very strange with a Negan type character speaking French. I'm not sure, based on the first episode, if I'm going to watch the 2nd although they did introduce a new type of walker.😀

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

I think it was ok, and I'll watch it cause I'm stubborn. 🤣 Not a fan of having to go back to flashbacks to find out how he got there, but whatever.

Some kid is going to save the world, that's nice. Bit of nonsense, but I suppose we'll find out he was genetically engineered or something.

Few minutes in and all I could think was all french people are assholes. 😁

Seriously Daryl, can't even manage a bonjour even with a dictionary?!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭Washout

so its like the walking dead watched The last of us and said to themselves we need to copy that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,897 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

The first few episodes are pretty entertaining. Considering how religous people would deal with a zombie apocalypse is interesting. What is not interesting are the villains. They are terrible

• Registered Users Posts: 31,830 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Enjoyable enough first two episodes alright (I never finished the main series).

I think I preferred the flashbacks before the outbreak focussed on the Clemence Posey character in episode 2 rather than the main story.

Yes the flashback were very similar to fear the walking dead before they quickly jettisoned that storyline. Just too expensive to film I assume.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,830 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

I would say so given the scale and scope of some of the scenes, shame :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,240 ✭✭✭Mav11

Watched e3 last evening, very enjoyable. I like the way the almost ww2/surreal atmosphere is being developed.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,151 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

This was very fun series. Preferred it to Dead City.

Yes very good. Villain was slightly flat but better than the dead city ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,245 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Well that was a great season, had what TWD had early on - Daryl has always been one of the best characters

Dead City just ended up being a continuation of TWD and all the wrong things that the show ended up being whilst this felt like a completely different show (guess no baggage to carry helped it a lot)

Glad it's renewed

• Registered Users Posts: 60,283 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Season 2 teaser

The Book of Carol

• Registered Users Posts: 17,245 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

That was more entertaining than the whole season of The Ones Who Live

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,151 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Who woulda said Daryl and Carol (who wasn't even in the first season) would lead to a better show than Rick and Michonne!

Advertisement