Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Love Island 2019 (Please See Note In OP...)

• 20-05-2019 10:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 10,667 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

Kicks off 3 June at 9pm.
    Mod Note: Guys, we say the same thing in the Big Brother thread, the X Factor thread, the BGT thread - if you don't like a show, keep scrolling.

People do like reality TV. Get over it.

By posting your distaste here, you are trolling the people who do like these shows and like to follow along.

We get it, you don't like it. Just move on. Thanks.
    New: July 23rd

Please please please stop the "Curtis is gay" nonsense.
    I'm going to card anyone who mentions it again.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 84,957 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Tyson Fury's brother is in it

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Tyson Fury's brother is in it

He's a boxer too, could cause a few scraps in the place :P

Now it's not a program I watch or know much about but Curtis Pritchard
    is doing Love Island!

Strictly Come Dancing professional AJ Pritchard’s brother Curtis is entering along with Tyson Fury's brother Tommy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

So it's going ahead despite... what's just happened.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if the viewing figures weren't as high as they were last year.

:o:o

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

Jeremy Kyle has some time on his hands . Maybe he will make an appearance .

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,725 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Apparently the contestants will be only given 2 drinks each per night and they are scrapping the lie detector test given the whole Jeremy Kyle fiasco.

Hopefully it'll still be as good.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,667 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Interestlngly the Mrs says she's done with it, so it remains to be seen if she sticks with it.
    She was on the fence with the whole Jack and Dani thing last year anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,078 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

Loughc wrote: »
    Apparently the contestants will be only given 2 drinks each per night and they are scrapping the lie detector test given the whole Jeremy Kyle fiasco.

Hopefully it'll still be as good.

Would prefer if there was a free bar every night. The more drunk they get the more trashy the show will be, and the more enjoyment for the viewer. In fairness we are not watching this show for any reasons of intellect.
    This was the way it was on the original live island, they fed them with beer and cocktails and the entertainment was fantastic. That fella Paul Danan was very entertaining when he was hammered.

Yewande Biala (Irish Nigerian) contestant

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Ilovemycharlie

Don't want my IQ to drop

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

Never watched it before. May give it a go this time seeing as big brother is gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

Never watched it before. May give it a go this time seeing as big brother is gone.

I was a big fan of it, quality mind numbing trash tv.

This sounds bad, but I'm a bit worried that this season will trend further towards a bit of a safer season. People trying to be deep, not drinking too much, being nice, trying to have meaningful conversations and no action. Kind of similar to how Big Brother moved towards where it toned down a bit.

I understand there has been a lot in the press about trash tv and the effects on the contestants so I get it will look to change that image this time.

One of the reasons I loved the Australian one this year was because it was the first year and they were all crazy in there. Made for brilliant entertainment. We will soon find out what tone this season is going to take.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,922 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

So it's going ahead despite... what's just happened.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if the viewing figures weren't as high as they were last year.

:o:o
    Viewing figures will be higher than ever given all the free publicity it's gotten because of the suicides.

It's the gladiator games of our times. It makes relatively normal people famous by selling their anxiety for us all to see. Then spits them out the other end with their lives in tatters.

The tragedy of the former contestants' deaths isnt a problem for the show. It's been big publicity. The only way it might be a negative for the show is of they have to sanitise it. Limiting booze to 2 drinks a night for example might reign them in which might affect the show. Getting contestants who already have a media profile of some kind means they are used to maintaining their public image which means they'll be more media savvy from the start.

Either way it's great trash TV.

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Yewande Biala (Irish Nigerian) contestant

Will probably end un coupled and exit early.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Would prefer if there was a free bar every night. The more drunk they get the more trashy the show will be, and the more enjoyment for the viewer. In fairness we are not watching this show for any reasons of intellect.
    This was the way it was on the original live island, they fed them with beer and cocktails and the entertainment was fantastic. That fella Paul Danan was very entertaining when he was hammered.

He was brilliant, the arguments he had with Sophie were hilarious. He was on big brother there recently and wasn’t drinking, think he said he was an alcoholic.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

Am looking forward to it. Though wont admit to anyone that I'll watch it. Absolute rot, but yet it's kinda good.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Sandz_066

So excited!!! Monday night beers to celebrate

(Yes, I'm a loser)

Going to miss 9pm showing :(

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Right I started watching this last year cos of all the hype and it was absolutely shíte. Giving it another chance though cos I enjoy the memes. Wine poured.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,796 ✭✭✭Rfrip

I’d love to know what product amber puts in her hair to keep the humidity away

God I feel old. And fat with frizzy hair :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,476 ✭✭✭neonsofa

Hate them all so far!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,796 ✭✭✭Rfrip

neonsofa wrote: »
    Hate them all so far!

That’s the spirit:D

• Registered Users Posts: 33,727 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

I guess people watch this for the bodies.

Right I started watching this last year cos of all the hype and it was absolutely shíte. Giving it another chance though cos I enjoy the memes. Wine poured.

Last year was the first year when the show stopped been natural and became contrived. It will be worse this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,825 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Iain Stirling's voiceover makes this show.

Isnt an international air hostess....just an air hostess???

• Registered Users Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭AnnyHallsal

The wandering eye line, crrringe.

RobertKK wrote: »
    I guess people watch this for the bodies.
    Naw it's for the drama

• Registered Users Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭BettePorter

'Bet you didn't expect a Scottish accent to come outta THIS (body) ...said by Anton. What a wankie first line. Anton is a tool.

• Advertisement

The word banter needs to be banned.
    As well as cheeky chappy

Advertisement