Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Alan Partridge Superthread - Sponsored by Dettol

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

KMKYWAP was brilliant. "Knowing me Alan Partridge knowing you the Police, a-ha"

"Do you know what this bathroom says to me? Aqua. Which is French for water. It's like being inside an enormous Fox's Glacier Mint. Which, again, to me is a bonus."

• Registered Users Posts: 7,815 ✭✭✭stimpson

ahlookit wrote: »
    an oldie but still one of the best

I love the Day Today. This is one of my personal favourites. NSFW if you work somewhere that disapproves of heavily compressed implied nudity.

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭Michael8000

Lynn has some great lines too!

In Alpha Papa after he gets Pat (Colm Meaney) sacked.

Alan: I've got to be honest, Lynn, I'm feeling pretty crummy.

Lynn: Pat's Irish, isn't he?

Alan: To be sure.

Lynn:
    Why don't you donate £50 to Sinn Fein?

Alan: I will

In fact his whole fascination with the IRA is hilarious.

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭Big Vern

keano_afc wrote: »
    KMKYWAP was brilliant. "Knowing me Alan Partridge knowing you the Police, a-ha"

"Do you know what this bathroom says to me? Aqua. Which is French for water. It's like being inside an enormous Fox's Glacier Mint. Which, again, to me is a bonus."

I do like that toilet. It's very futuristic, isn't it? Very, sort of, high-tech, space age. I can imagine Buck Rogers taking a dump on that. In the twenty-first century

Big Vern wrote: »
    I do like that toilet. It's very futuristic, isn't it? Very, sort of, high-tech, space age. I can imagine Buck Rogers taking a dump on that. In the twenty-first century

"How much is it on the market for?"

"£325,000"

"Oh, will you take £324k?"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭lovelystuff

You know what this room says to me? Aqua. Which is French for water. It's like being inside an enormous Fox's Glacier Mint, which again, to me, is a bonus.

I use so many Alan Partridge quotes in everyday conversation! Also, in my username :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭ahlookit

Textbook Alan

• Registered Users Posts: 71,618 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Jill, what do you think about the pedestrianisation of Norwich City Centre?

• Site Banned Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭XR3i

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭cc

"Convoy? Michael, you're hanging around with a man who uses a collective term for a single vehicle."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,761 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

"My peephole Pringle is modelled on a SAS Balaclava"

:D:D:D
    attachment.php?attachmentid=22070&stc=1&d=1170275056

• Registered Users Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭Sultan of Bling

When Alan tells Ben he's a beatles fan, Ben asks, what's your favourite beatles album.

Alan replies: I would have to say, the best of the beatles.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,730 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

When Alan tells Ben he's a beatles fan, Ben asks, what's your favourite beatles album.

Alan replies: I would have to say, the best of the beatles.

"Who are Wings?"

"Only the band the Beatles could have been!"

Every time I hear the Black Beauty song now I think of Alan playing it in his hotel room.

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭Big Vern

keano_afc wrote: »
    "How much is it on the market for?"

"£325,000"

"Oh, will you take £324k?"

Yes, it's an extender! Fantastic. That is the icing on the cake.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,730 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

I always love Alan's interactions with Michael - it's a shame he's not in Mid-Morning Matters...

Michael: So, are we having the full English breakfast?
    Alan Partridge: Yes, please. Can I have my sausages burnt to a crisp, please? So that they can only be identified by reference to their dental records.
    Michael: OK. Either that or their fingerprints, eh?
    Alan Partridge: Can you fingerprint a sausage?
    Michael: Yeah, well, I suppose technically y'could, aye.
    Alan Partridge: I suppose if I was a burglar and I wanted to avoid detection I could strap sausages to my fingers. Probably survive a couple of break-ins before they started to fall apart.
    Michael: Aye. Maybes, maybes just have, like, a beefburger for your palm, y'know?
    Alan Partridge: No, that's a bit too far-fetched. I do enjoy these chats in the morning.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,986 ✭✭✭philstar

"so how many people died in the potato famine??"

• Registered Users Posts: 3,334 ✭✭✭.red.

For me the best episode of I'm Alan Partridge was "Watership Alan". I still cry when i see it. My favourite quote is probably the rant he goes on about the farmers.

"You are a big posh sod with plums in your mouth, and the plums have mutated and they have got beaks. You make pigs smoke. You feed beef burgers to swans. You have big sheds, but nobody's allowed in. And in these sheds you have 20ft high chickens, and these chickens are scared because the don't know why they're so big, and they're going, "Oh why am I so massive?" and they're looking down at all the little chickens and they think they're in an aeroplane because all the other chickens are so small. Do you deny that? No, I think his silence speaks volumes"
    That and the
    "Old Robert a bit slow on the uptake there, dunno what he had for breakfast this morning... Presumably an infected spinal column in a bap"
    Dr. No, Vocal Chrods is another classic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭Olishi4

THAT, was a goal.

Back of the net

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,574 ✭✭✭deaddonkey15

Have you got a battery for an Ericsson?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,219 ✭✭✭✭Penn

It's me
    It's me
    It's Alan
    It's Alan
    On I
    On I
    On Partridge
    On Partridge
    It's me
    It's me
    It's Alan
    It's Alan
    On I
    On I
    On Partridge
    On Partridge
    It's me
    It's me
    It's Alan
    It's Alan
    On I
    On I
    On Partridge
    On Partridge
    It's me
    It's me
    It's Alan
    It's *chokes*Alan
    On I
    On I
    On Partridge
    On Partridge

Have you got a battery for an Ericsson?

How did it take 5 pages before that came up?

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭Evil_g

.red. wrote: »
    For me the best episode of I'm Alan Partridge was "Watership Alan". I still cry when i see it. My favourite quote is probably the rant he goes on about the farmers.

"You are a big posh sod with plums in your mouth, and the plums have mutated and they have got beaks. You make pigs smoke. You feed beef burgers to swans. You have big sheds, but nobody's allowed in. And in these sheds you have 20ft high chickens, and these chickens are scared because the don't know why they're so big, and they're going, "Oh why am I so massive?" and they're looking down at all the little chickens and they think they're in an aeroplane because all the other chickens are so small. Do you deny that? No, I think his silence speaks volumes"
    That and the
    "Old Robert a bit slow on the uptake there, dunno what he had for breakfast this morning... Presumably an infected spinal column in a bap"
    Dr. No, Vocal Chrods is another classic.

"I'd love to have it off with her. MMMMmm breasts"

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Funeral jacket
    2uh7dd2.png

"You know the breakfast buffet, all you can eat but from an 8-inch plate? 12 inches. Keep it in my room."
    29xyxpj.jpg
    screen-shot-2012-05-03-at-20-32-32-300x230.png
    869ecfacbe07d67860e2e694eeb79a1a.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭Evil_g

"Got your big plate Alan?"

"Are you going to the 4th floor Alan? Or are you going all the way with me?"

• Registered Users Posts: 4,766 ✭✭✭griffin100

Dan, Dan, Dan, Dan.............,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭bur

And, here are U2. Who seem to be describing my search for a new washer dryer with 'I still haven't found what i'm looking for'

Some great stuff on MMM.

Advertisement