Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Hollyoaks [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Flashforward episode was excellent. I always love the whodunnit storylines... Wow, everyone in Hollyoaks seemed to hate Calvin in that episode. Shows that a lot of things happen in 6 months - I'm intrigued by the other storylines they hinted at in the episode as well, so should be very interesting. Looks like I picked a good time to start watching the show.

I loved Gilly attempting to cheer Tom up by pretending to be Santa Claus... and then going on about his time travelling sleigh and whatnot, while Tom clearly knew it was Gilly all along.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭annon123

Does anyone know some up and coming storylines. Its hinted in the flash forward episode that something will happen to Holly? Anyone know what?

Zoe, Mike and Hannah are all scheduled to leave, but that's about all the info I've got on upcoming storylines...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

Hollyoaks actor Tony Hirst has quit the show after four years.
    The 42-year-old - who plays mature student Mike Barnes - finished filming with the Channel 4 soap at the end of last year and will remain on screen until January 27 when he bids farewell to the village for pastures new.

Bye Bye Barnesy :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Johnnnybravo

Whens Zoe going? I cant watch when the stupid cows on, shes totally ruined the show for me, cannot stand her.

How can you not like Zoe?
    I believe she leaves with Mike - so probably the 27th of January...

How can you not like Zoe?
    I believe she leaves with Mike - so probably the 27th of January...

awww no way, are they back together???

Here can you fill me in on whats been going on the last few days?? Lydia stabbed Zoe did she?

I hate Zoe, she always has this poor me I need people to stand up for me thing going on. I always hated her. Shes also very smug and in general a pain in the ass.

I saw her at the very end of tonights ep and I had to turn it off.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭Alessandra

Ill miss Mike, he's a decent looking man for his age.
    I do hope he and Zoe don't wind up together. She is sooo annoying.

Alessandra wrote: »
    Ill miss Mike, he's a decent looking man for his age.
    I do hope he and Zoe don't wind up together. She is sooo annoying.

Im with ya on all the above!

What ever happened to Amy?? and whats Ste at now?

• Advertisement

Lydia stabbed Zoe and is now in prison for the murder of Sarah and attempted murder of Zoe...
    Amy is back living with Mike and has started taking resonsibility for the kids...
    And Ste was last seen jogging with Ravi, about a week ago...

Lydia stabbed Zoe and is now in prison for the murder of Sarah and attempted murder of Zoe...
    Amy is back living with Mike and has started taking resonsibility for the kids...
    And Ste was last seen jogging with Ravi, about a week ago...

Cheers :) Hollyoaks is one I miss a bit because its on that bit earlier than the others.

The episodes are left up on 4oD for a month if that's any help...
    Good quality, loads quickly and 100% legal...
    Handy for when you miss an episode...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

Lauren falls pregnant but is it Gaz or Spencer's baby she is conning Spencer as he inherited all Warren's cash

• Registered Users Posts: 17,754 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

OK, seriously. How long did Hannah and Jamie know each other? 4, 5 days?

They are both acting like they've been together for years before all that crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 84,986 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

The cast of Channel 4 soap Hollyoaks are fearing for their jobs following the appointment of new producer Paul Marquess, a report has claimed.

Marquess joined the teen drama earlier this month as a successor for Lucy Allan, who recently announced that she had quit her role as leading producer after a year in office.

According to the Daily Star, the show's team have since been bracing themselves for a massive overhaul as Marquess has a reputation for instigating cast clear-outs following his past work on The Bill and Family Affairs.

A source said: "Paul is known for having the balls to make serious changes to the cast if he thinks things need a good shake-up. Everyone is expecting a mass cull."

It is thought that there has been an "air of change" around the soap's set since Marquess began work on January 17.

The insider added: "Things do need a bit of a shake-up. Like any soap, you need to keep things fresh. If that means out with the old and in with the new, then so be it."

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    The cast of Channel 4 soap Hollyoaks are fearing for their jobs following the appointment of new producer Paul Marquess, a report has claimed.

Marquess joined the teen drama earlier this month as a successor for Lucy Allan, who recently announced that she had quit her role as leading producer after a year in office.

According to the Daily Star, the show's team have since been bracing themselves for a massive overhaul as Marquess has a reputation for instigating cast clear-outs following his past work on The Bill and Family Affairs.

A source said: "Paul is known for having the balls to make serious changes to the cast if he thinks things need a good shake-up. Everyone is expecting a mass cull."

It is thought that there has been an "air of change" around the soap's set since Marquess began work on January 17.

The insider added: "Things do need a bit of a shake-up. Like any soap, you need to keep things fresh. If that means out with the old and in with the new, then so be it."

Marquess is notorious for this...
    I'm sure there'll be a huge changeover in the cast once the flashforward episode in May has been dealt with...
    I'm just hoping Steph, Tom, Darren, Tony, Cindy, Gilly and India can survive the chopping block... I'd also like to see Kris stay, but I think the actors' contract is up this summer anyway and it has been rumoured he's not too keen to stick around... Obviously there's other characters I really like such as The McQueens and the Ashworths, but if they have to be sacrificed for the greater good, then so be it...
    No matter what, I think Marquess will spice up the show, so that's always good...

Darren gets stabbed by Hannah's new man Jamie when he takes Hannah hostage Darren saves her and gets stabbed

Darren gets stabbed by Hannah's new man Jamie when he takes Hannah hostage Darren saves her and gets stabbed

awww no :( I like D.

• Advertisement

Just caught up on last weeks. I`ll miss Barnsy.

Delighted Zoes finally gone.

Sorry Steph didnt catch Gilly though. Cheryls growing on me and I did hate her at first. Poor Malachy, bloke never gets a break does he. Mercedes is a cow, never changes. Its a bit mad that I watched the omnibus there and so many characters werent in it for the full week, maybe theres a back story Im missing, but there was no Carmel, or Jackie, Tony, loads missing, ah not to worry Im getting there now with my catching up.

Might watch a few old eps to fully get meslef up to speed :)

OMG Carmels hair this evening!!!!:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,754 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

OMG Carmels hair this evening!!!!:eek:

What was that about? Did Mercedes mess it up or something? :confused:

What was that about? Did Mercedes mess it up or something? :confused:

I thought I was watching todays but was watching first look.

I just watched todays on 4OD, Frankie did her hair as a trial for the stylist job, My god the state!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Oh God I hope Marquess gets rid of the teens and some of the students! Complete dead weight, especially that stupid cow Anita.

The Valentines have long overstayed their welcome at this stage and they need Jack back in the dog.

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Wobbuffet

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/s13/hollyoaks/news/a200599/new-hollyoaks-producer-axes-three.html

New Hollyoaks producer Paul Marquess has axed his first three characters from the Channel 4 serial.

Marquess, who took over from Lucy Allan as the teen soap's showrunner last month, decided not to renew the contracts of three members of the Ashworth clan.

Josh, along with parents Suzanne and Neville - played by Sonny Flood, Suzanne Hall and Jim Millea respectively - will all be written out of the show at the end of their current deals.

Meanwhile, Andrew Moss - who plays Rhys - has dodged the axe and will stay with the programme for a while longer. According to reports, though, his long-term future remains uncertain.

The only remaining original Ashworth, Hannah, played by Emma Rigby, bows out of Hollyoaks later this week after five years in the role.

Marquess began work at the soap's home at Lime Pictures in Liverpool two days after his appointment. Thereafter, the cast were reportedly bracing themselves for a mass cull in their number due to his well-publicised clear-outs during his time producing The Bill and Family Affairs.

A show source last night told DS: "It was only time before some were given the boot. Everyone knows that the new captain's reputation precedes him as far as putting a stamp on a show is concerned."
    An insider told the Daily Star: "He's getting rid of the dead wood - nobody is safe. This is just the beginning. Over the next few months expect to wave goodbye to even more faces."

The Ashworths descended on Hollyoaks village in October 2005 and during their time with the programme have been at the centre of some of the show's biggest storylines, including Rhys's incestuous relationship with his half-sister Beth and Hannah's battle with anorexia and bulimia.
    More recently, they took residence in fictional pub The Dog In The Pond after successfully purchasing it from the Osbornes at auction.
    I'm not too pushed about Josh going, he was a good character a couple of years ago but is annoying nowadays. I'm disappointed about Neville and Suzanne, I thought they were good characters who never got enough time on screen

Damn, was hoping the entire Ashworth clan would survive the chopping block, but considering my 7 favourites (Steph, Tom, Darren, Tony, Cindy, Gilly and India) survived the first chop, I can't really complain...
    I wonder who'll be next...

I hope Rhys goes also the whinny skinny a$$hole

I hope Rhys goes also the whinny skinny a$$hole

Ditto, hes a terrible actor and just a horrible character too.

Is Gilly coming back? He was the one redeeming factor to Rhys.

• Advertisement

Is Gilly coming back? He was the one redeeming factor to Rhys.

Word on the street is yes... :D

Advertisement