Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

I don't know where we're going, but it can only be 5K away

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭NewRed2

Possibly the greatest of all sammiches Grem! Can't beat an aul ham, egg mayo and tomato number either! :D Mmmmm when's lunch?! :pac:

BLT for me! Cant bate em :pac:

Although back in my college days I remember a few of us used to have the place wrecked, typical students and the grill on the cooker went on fire so many times from fat in it that the entire cooker unit stopped working. So one night we got back from a drunken night out and I decided to make us all some BLT's.
    But then I remembered the grill/cooker weren't working so couldn't grill or fry the rashers.
    So I whipped out the deep fat fryer. Oh my sweet divine jaysus the state of rashers out of a deep fat fryer, it was pure cardboard!
    Still, we'd nothing else left so some slightly stale bread with rock hard deep fried rasher-cardboard and a thinly sliced 7 day old tomato - we didn't have lettuce or butter or ketchup.

Did the trick! Everyone complained and called them vile and then proceeded to eat them anyway.
    Lovely jubbly! :D

Dave I'm absolutely loving your morning photos! Was looking forward to popping in and seeing one today!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

@ Graces, sweet Jesus! They sound tremendous!!!

@ NewRed, Nothing like a few pints to get around the worst of things :D Deep fry bacon is a cardiovascular nightmare! :D

@ BuileBeag, Awesome! I'm glad you're enjoying them! Here's another one for ya from the other morning..

527403.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,999 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

@ Graces, sweet Jesus! They sound tremendous!!!

@ NewRed, Nothing like a few pints to get around the worst of things :D Deep fry bacon is a cardiovascular nightmare! :D

@ BuileBeag, Awesome! I'm glad you're enjoying them! Here's another one for ya from the other morning..

527403.jpg

That's amazing.
    Your phone must have a really great camera.

To thine own self be true

That's amazing.

Thank you :D It’s just an iPhone Xs. A few years old now, but does the trick :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Thank you :D It’s just an iPhone Xs. A few years old now, but does the trick :)

You've a great eye Dave.

Onshuh wrote: »
    The wee fella was negative as expected so back in work now.

Glad Onshuh Óg got the all clear. Hopefully he'll be feeling better soon. Teething is so rough, the poor little things.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,821 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

That's amazing.

I agree , that's a stunning pic , it looks like a doorway into another world full of possibilities and happy days to come ..

Sitting in a car with smallest munchkin fast asleep behind me .

Onshuh, that's great news !

Sardonicat wrote: »
    You've a great eye Dave.

There's a joke there about having 2.. thanks Sardonicat! :D

@ Mam, I like how you think! We can pretend that's what it is :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,776 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    I agree , that's a stunning pic , it looks like a doorway into another world full of possibilities and happy days to come ..

Sitting in a car with smallest munchkin fast asleep behind me .

Onshuh, that's great news !

A doorway into another world seems kinda tempting right about now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,324 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Delighted to hear that, Onshuh.

Friday at last! Wine and an early night awaits me.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Frustrating kinda day. Lot of pain making sleep mostly impossible.. Time to head for work now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,203 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Loving the photos Dave. My old stomping ground so always have an affinity with the area.

Mixed day. My best laid plans to take the afternoon off were thwarted as my boss called a meeting But My parents invited me to dinner tomorrow, I have a drink in hand and takeaway on the way, so things looking up.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,565 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Finishing up work at home for the week. Went for a good swim at lunchtime which has energized me for the weekend.

Have a good weekend all! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,075 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Watching Rambo - Last Blood with a beer in my hand. Fooking hell I love Rambo movies!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,989 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Deskside
    Poochie05 wrote: »
    takeaway on the way, so things looking up.

i-can-haz-some

A doorway into another world seems kinda tempting right about now.

It does doesn't it , you're not alone in thinking that .
    Reminds me of a theme tune to something but I can't remember what ..

Making bowl of chopped salad for sandwiches here , exciting Friday evening!

Come with me through the magic door...Bosco.😂

/quote]

Can I go through that door? Went through one earlier and spent the afternoon in 'another world'. Migraine knocked me out but thankfully the sleep did the trick. Probably be awake for the rest of the night, though.

Hope you have an easy shift, Grem. Not having it easy lately, are you?

/quote]

Deep inside the forest there's a door into another land
    Here is our life and home
    We ate staying here forever in the beauty of this place all alone
    And we keep on hopin'

That maybe. ..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,776 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Quantum Leap comes to mind..... Loved watching that with my dad as a kid, especially when he ended up as a woman, thought that was hilarious..... Oh boy! :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Deskside, mostly caught up on things, hoping no more counties go into lockdown but town looked kinda busy as i went through :(

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭HeyV

Deskside, mostly caught up on things, hoping no more counties go into lockdown but town looked kinda busy as i went through :(

Town here is busy as well. I’m proper pissed off with the whole Covid thing. We were doing really well for a while but I see a good few and they are showing fcuk all compliance to guidance anymore.
    No wonder the numbers are going upwards again and the same few will be the ones giving out if our county is put under lockdown again.
    I just needed a rant, sorry guys :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,075 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Rambo - Last Blood? Well I can't recommend it enough if you are of a certain vintage. It's a bit like the movie, Taken, except it's on serious drugs.:D I grew up on Stallone movies, usually on VHS.:eek: Rambo. Rocky. All good! Going searching for more movies that inspire me to get beyond my literally two listings on IMDB! I have time on my hands at last, but need to move fast!:D

Meanwhile i saw a trailers for the croods two earlier and realised i wanted to see the first one!

Sardonicat wrote: »

/quote]

Deep inside the forest there's a door into another land
    Here is our life and home
    We ate staying here forever in the beauty of this place all alone
    And we keep on hopin'

That maybe. ..

That's it , thank you Sardi!
    Quite apt lyrics for Daves pic imo .

Migraines are a b@stard, think everyone's are recurring more often lately it seems?

Probably be glitched out again now too.

My sinuses have been acting up the last few days, a friend of mine is the same.. Massive fun with mask wearing protocols :pac: :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭global23214124

Listening to some latin music waiting for covid test results to come back after doing the test today as I had mild symptoms. Hopefully get the all clear in the next couple of days. Might binge some netflix for the weekend in a small bit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The Crazy Cat Lady

bedside, delighted as I got a negative COVID result, oh the relief! :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,989 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Just hoovered the auld room, folded clothes, deskside now with a cupan tae and Lindt salted caramel bar

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement