Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Tree Stump

Options
  • 13-09-2020 3:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭

Hi folks,

Figured some of you experts might be able to guide me, I got a stump cut a few months back that has been sitting in my back garden exposed to the elements. I am using it as a stand for a small bbq, just wondering is it too late to try and do something with it to seal it or otherwise so that it doesn’t rot away and get more discoloured?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭Smurts

Smurts wrote: »
    Hi folks,

Figured some of you experts might be able to guide me, I got a stump cut a few months back that has been sitting in my back garden exposed to the elements. I am using it as a stand for a small bbq, just wondering is it too late to try and do something with it to seal it or otherwise so that it doesn’t rot away and get more discoloured?

A couple of pictures of it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,850 ✭✭✭tabby aspreme

Could you put it under cover when it's not in use, if it's outside all the time, put a few bricks under it, to stop the damp coming up from the ground, it won't change color much at this point

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭Smurts

Cheers! I leave it on it’s side usually ie. on the bark

Advertisement