Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

05-12-2018, 16:43   #31
I'm Santa Claus, AMA
Verified representative

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimbot View Post
Santa, am I on the Naughty or Nice list this year??
If you have to ask Kimbot, I think you already know the answer.
(3) thanks from:
Advertisement
05-12-2018, 17:07   #32
MrMusician18

Santa, you handle a lot of personal data, lists, addresses naughty/nice notes. What is your policy for handling this in light of GDPR?
05-12-2018, 17:32   #33
Boards.ie: Niamh
Boards.ie Community Manager

Santa Claus has had to finish up here for the day but will be back tomorrow to answer your questions. I'll be interested to see what he has to say about GDPR!
(2) thanks from:
05-12-2018, 22:27   #34
Srameen

Hi Santa,

It's a long time since we met and had that session. Hope you're keeping well.
I've just one request; could you call all those irritating Elves on the Shelves back to base and let them do something more productive in the workshop? You managed rightly for generations without the annoying little beggars creeping about the house at all hours. They are getting on the nerves of quite a few parents and I fear for the safety of the Elves before Christmas week.
(4) thanks from:
06-12-2018, 09:19   #35
angeleyes

Hi Santa,

I want to thank you for all the happy memories for myself as a child and for the happy memories for my own daughter. She's almost a teenager now so has different requests for Christmas but I will always treasure those Christmas Eves and the gifts.

You're some man for one man in a red suit.

Happy Christmas to you & Mrs. Clause and all those hard working elves.

angeleyes xxxx
Thanks from:
Advertisement
06-12-2018, 11:35   #36
I'm Santa Claus, AMA
Verified representative

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMusician18 View Post
Santa, you handle a lot of personal data, lists, addresses naughty/nice notes. What is your policy for handling this in light of GDPR?
Good morning MrMusician18. GDPR has caused a few headscratching issues in the North Pole this year, I must admit. We keep the children's letters until the 26th December so we'll know what they asked for and also in case we need to refer back to them for specific details - woe betide the Christmas morning that I leave red slime instead of blue or the wrong Fingerling!

On the 26th December, the elves will still be partying to celebrate another Christmas success and the plan is to use a little magical elf dust to turn the letters into glitter for next years stock of sparkling slime or unicorn poop.
Thanks from:
06-12-2018, 11:57   #37
I'm Santa Claus, AMA
Verified representative

Quote:
Originally Posted by Srameen View Post
Hi Santa,

It's a long time since we met and had that session. Hope you're keeping well.
I've just one request; could you call all those irritating Elves on the Shelves back to base and let them do something more productive in the workshop? You managed rightly for generations without the annoying little beggars creeping about the house at all hours. They are getting on the nerves of quite a few parents and I fear for the safety of the Elves before Christmas week.
Hello Srameen, how nice to hear from you again. That session put me off whiskey for the following Christmas though Myself and Mrs Claus are very well, give our regards to Mrs Srameen.

Ah now...the elves on the shelves.

Those cheeky chaps are elves in training, young and full of fun and mischief. We send them off to bring the magic of Christmas to the children in little snippets each morning to increase the Christmas spirit and their anticipation of Christmas Day. The elves are only sent to houses where a mammy or daddy have asked for one to visit but I understand they can be a bit rambunctious and troublesome. We have nice, quiet December evenings in the North Pole when they are gone

Perhaps the Elf could pack a little suitcase one night and go on a trip for a few days, sending back a few photos to the children while he's gone. Strictly speaking they shouldn't leave the house they've been assigned to but they do like to make the most of their time away from the North Pole!

I've attached a few sample ideas for the parents out there who are finding their extra guest a bit too much to handle. A little holiday for all involved might help. Happy Christmas Srameen to you and all of the family!

Attached Images
File Type: jpg ElfOnTheShelfVacationPhoto1.jpg (13.3 KB, 155 views)
File Type: jpg ElfOnTheShelfVacationPhoto2.jpg (54.3 KB, 158 views)
File Type: jpg ElfOnTheShelfVacationPhoto3.jpg (110.8 KB, 157 views)
File Type: jpg ElfOnTheShelfVacationPhoto7.jpg (39.5 KB, 159 views)
(4) thanks from:
06-12-2018, 11:59   #38
I'm Santa Claus, AMA
Verified representative

Quote:
Originally Posted by angeleyes View Post
Hi Santa,

I want to thank you for all the happy memories for myself as a child and for the happy memories for my own daughter. She's almost a teenager now so has different requests for Christmas but I will always treasure those Christmas Eves and the gifts.

You're some man for one man in a red suit.

Happy Christmas to you & Mrs. Clause and all those hard working elves.

angeleyes xxxx
Hello angeleyes,
What a lovely message. You are very welcome. I can see why you have always been on the nice list. Happy Christmas to you, your daughter and the rest of your family!
06-12-2018, 12:25   #39
punisher5112

Our daughter is being a bit naughty the last while....

Getting up in the night and taking phones, tablets and laptops.

Also she is answering back a lot and she is 9years 11 months old as she likes to tell everyone the exact amount....

Ava is her name and she has 2 elves keeping an eye on her and the CCTV camera also but it doesn't seem to be working.

Could you give a shout out to her on here as she is very excited and looking for LOL toys, a bike and some other mad load of stuff.

Thanks Santa and keep up the good work.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
06-12-2018, 13:32   #40
jordata

Santa,
You must be mad busy at the moment so thank you for taking the time to chat here. My question is about Mrs Claus. What role does she play in the lead up to the 25th? Are you 2 a team or do you have separate roles in the organisation.
06-12-2018, 13:34   #41
Peatys

What union are you a member of? One day work a year is pretty sweet.
Thanks from:
06-12-2018, 14:04   #42
kingtut

Send a message via MSN to kingtut
Hi Santa,

What would you recommend someone who is spending Christmas alone do for fun?

P.S. I've been good this year

kingtut
06-12-2018, 14:54   #43
partyjungle

Hi Santa,

What is the meaning of life?
06-12-2018, 15:22   #44
I'm Santa Claus, AMA
Verified representative

Quote:
Originally Posted by punisher5112 View Post
Our daughter is being a bit naughty the last while....

Getting up in the night and taking phones, tablets and laptops.

Also she is answering back a lot and she is 9years 11 months old as she likes to tell everyone the exact amount....

Ava is her name and she has 2 elves keeping an eye on her and the CCTV camera also but it doesn't seem to be working.

Could you give a shout out to her on here as she is very excited and looking for LOL toys, a bike and some other mad load of stuff.

Thanks Santa and keep up the good work.
Hello punisher5112 and Ava!
Taking things that don't belong to you, answering back to your parents - oh Ava, it sounds like you could be on your way to the naughty list! I hope that doesn't happen. You've been on the nice list for the past 9 Christmases so don't mess this one up!

9 years and 11 months is a very good age, soon you will be 10 and in double digits. You probably feel like you are quite grown up already but mammy and daddy still know best so listen to them.

Be good Ava and I hope I will be delivering some LOL toys and a bike to you for Christmas.

P.S. Get lots of sleep on Christmas Eve, I'll know if you are awake!

P.P.S. I'd like it very much if you left out some milk and a biscuit for me and a piece of carrot for the reindeer if you can. Happy Christmas!
Thanks from:
06-12-2018, 15:33   #45
I'm Santa Claus, AMA
Verified representative

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordata View Post
Santa,
You must be mad busy at the moment so thank you for taking the time to chat here. My question is about Mrs Claus. What role does she play in the lead up to the 25th? Are you 2 a team or do you have separate roles in the organisation.
Hello jordata, indeed the workshop is extremely busy at the moment but the elves do most of the work so I have a few spare moments to say hello here.

Mrs. Claus is a very busy woman, she seems to be everywhere at once at times! We work as a team, I oversee the toy making and she oversees the wrapping department making sure that all of the children's toys are wrapped up and labelled properly. She also looks after the elves. Sometimes they need to be reminded to take a break and have a rest and something to eat, they are so busy. I suppose in that sense she is their manager more than I am!!

I hope that answers your question jordata, Happy Christmas to you!
Thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion