Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

05-12-2018, 15:31   #16
I'm Santa Claus, AMA
Verified representative

Quote:
Originally Posted by punisher5112 View Post
Merry Christmas is American....

Can we not have it as it's suppose to be....

Happy Christmas.....

Keep the change you filthy anilmal oh and a happy new year.....
We could go global and try a few different greetings, how about Feliz Navidad? (Did I spell that properly? My Spanish is a bit rusty)

Happy Christmas and a happy new year to you and your family punisher5112!
Thanks from:
Advertisement
05-12-2018, 15:38   #17
artanevilla

How much has the Iron Dome over Israel impacted your delivery schedule?
(2) thanks from:
05-12-2018, 15:45   #18
I'm Santa Claus, AMA
Verified representative

Quote:
Originally Posted by razorblunt View Post
What is The Donald getting for Christmas?

Is Leo getting another Moncler jacket? He said the last one was from you.

How heavy is your sack?
What The Donald has asked for and what he is getting are two different things. He's still on the naughty list, to be honest so I'm afraid he'll be getting nothing from me.

Leo will NOT be getting another Moncler jacket, have you seen the price of those things?! They should last a lifetime so he better look after the one he has. The elves are working on something else for him, he did write a very nice letter.

Well razorblunt the oul sack is getting heavier and heavier each year or I am getting older. Thank goodness for the sleigh, if I had to carry all of those toys in my sack my back would be broke.
05-12-2018, 15:47   #19
I'm Santa Claus, AMA
Verified representative

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noveight View Post
What's yer favourite type of biscuit to have left out?
Well Noveight, I don't see them very often any more but I do love a pink wafer with a glass of milk
(2) thanks from:
05-12-2018, 15:47   #20
I'm Santa Claus, AMA
Verified representative

Quote:
Originally Posted by sydthebeat View Post
sorry santa !

i will, i promise !!

Good lad
Advertisement
05-12-2018, 15:51   #21
I'm Santa Claus, AMA
Verified representative

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubblypop View Post
Hey Santa, why did my Mam have to pay you for presents ( therefore restricting requests) & the other kids just asked for & got whatever they wanted???
Hello bubblypop. Sometimes we need parents to help us out with the cost of materials to make the toys...it's a lot of toys and the North Pole has a lot of overheads. The elves can be very hungry little creatures after a days work!
Most parents keep it to themselves that they have to contribute but I suppose some parents might take the opportunity to teach their children about the cost of living and paying their way in life. I'm afraid I have no control over which your parents chose to do. I wish you a very happy Christmas, bubblypop!

P.S. You're still on the Nice List.
05-12-2018, 15:54   #22
I'm Santa Claus, AMA
Verified representative

Quote:
Originally Posted by alchemist33 View Post
Do you accept any responsibility for my grandmother's injuries?
Alchemist33, I'm very sorry about your grandma getting runover by a reindeer. Rudolph lost the run of himself that Christmas after I shared a few too many chocolate cookies with him. The sugar went straight to his head, he was all over the place! The reindeer are restricted to carrots only when on duty now.

I hope she has recovered from her injuries. Happy Christmas to you and your grandma!
05-12-2018, 15:59   #23
I'm Santa Claus, AMA
Verified representative

Quote:
Originally Posted by artanevilla View Post
How much has the Iron Dome over Israel impacted your delivery schedule?
Me oh my, artanevilla, I had to look that one up! We don't get too many news channels in the North Pole. From what I understand the Iron Dome is there to intercept rockets and artillery shells so a sleigh would be too big to be mistaken for one of those, right?! Geez, I hope so. I haven't got time to be shot down on Christmas Eve, so much to do.
05-12-2018, 16:03   #24
cavemeister

Santa,

What are your thoughts on political correctness gone mad this year? I heard on the radio that when you visit some department stores, children are not permitted to sit on your knee or hug you. You can only shake their hand of high five them.

And that's not to mention the word Christmas being replaced with "Holidays" for fear of offending someone.

Thanks for all the great toys you gave me back in the 80's
Thanks from:
Advertisement
05-12-2018, 16:05   #25
tgdaly

What's your opinion on Brexit?
05-12-2018, 16:25   #26
brainfreeze

Quote:
Originally Posted by punisher5112 View Post
Merry Christmas is American....

Can we not have it as it's suppose to be....

Happy Christmas.....

Keep the change you filthy anilmal oh and a happy new year.....
Merry Christmas is old English and the greeting predates America (1534). It's not American at all. That's why all the old Christmas carols say Merry (We Wish You a Merry Christmas
etc). Merry Christmas is still the most used in English speaking countries apart from Ireland. Ireland is the exception.

Happy Christmas came back into the public lexicon because of.. the royal family adopted it instead of using Merry, as Merry is lower class. The Irish say Happy Christmas because of the British Royal Family, even though Merry is still said more than Happy in the UK.

So if you want it to be how it's supposed to be, start saying Merry Christmas
05-12-2018, 16:26   #27
I'm Santa Claus, AMA
Verified representative

Quote:
Originally Posted by cavemeister View Post
Santa,

What are your thoughts on political correctness gone mad this year? I heard on the radio that when you visit some department stores, children are not permitted to sit on your knee or hug you. You can only shake their hand of high five them.

And that's not to mention the word Christmas being replaced with "Holidays" for fear of offending someone.

Thanks for all the great toys you gave me back in the 80's
It can be perceived as political correctness gone mad but have you ever asked me (or one of my many representatives ) how often we've been screamed at or cried, peed or puked on by children who were terrified of my big beard and hat? A good high five sometimes suits me just fine! It is a bit sad that I can't hug a child but some children will come to me for a hug when on a visit and with an assenting nod from their parent or guardian they'll get a little Santa hug, no problem at all. We could all do with a few more hugs per day.

It will always be Christmas to me, cavemeister, always! Happy Holidays doesn't really have the same ring to it but the sentiment of the season is just the same so I don't get too worried about it.

You're very welcome for the toys, cavemeister, very welcome indeed
(2) thanks from:
05-12-2018, 16:26   #28
Kimbot
Flaming Ban Hammer Titan

Santa, am I on the Naughty or Nice list this year??
05-12-2018, 16:35   #29
I'm Santa Claus, AMA
Verified representative

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgdaly View Post
What's your opinion on Brexit?
Brexit, 2016. That was the year my naughty list expanded substantially in the UK. It won't have any effect on the work myself and the elves do, the children in Britain will still get gifts at Christmas even after Brexit.
(4) thanks from:
05-12-2018, 16:36   #30
I'm Santa Claus, AMA
Verified representative

Quote:
Originally Posted by brainfreeze View Post
Merry Christmas is old English and the greeting predates America (1534). It's not American at all. That's why all the old Christmas carols say Merry (We Wish You a Merry Christmas
etc). Merry Christmas is still the most used in English speaking countries apart from Ireland. Ireland is the exception.

Happy Christmas came back into the public lexicon because of.. the royal family adopted it instead of using Merry, as Merry is lower class. The Irish say Happy Christmas because of the British Royal Family, even though Merry is still said more than Happy in the UK.

So if you want it to be how it's supposed to be, start saying Merry Christmas
Very interesting brainfreeze, thank you.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion