Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

NCB discount query

Options
  • 19-11-2020 2:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks,

The renewal notice for my wife's insurance landed today. I am going to start the fun process of shopping around online for quotes for her.

Quick question about her NCB. See the image below. How many years NCB should I say she has when completing the online forms.

Is it 1 or 3 ?

GzDKy1I.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,170 ✭✭✭Goose81

Tzardine wrote: »
    Hi Folks,

The renewal notice for my wife's insurance landed today. I am going to start the fun process of shopping around online for quotes for her.

Quick question about her NCB. See the image below. How many years NCB should I say she has when completing the online forms.

Is it 1 or 3 ?

GzDKy1I.jpg

When was the last time she made a claim on the policy?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭Tzardine

Goose81 wrote: »
    When was the last time she made a claim on the policy?

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭cplwhisper

State number of claim free years = 1
    Ncb years in total = 3
    Any claims - 1 in 2018

The insurer you doing quote with will then give you call back and you explain that she had full ncb at time of accident, her step back ncb with Axa stepped her from 5yrs(75% their ncb scale) back to 2yrs (60% on their scale) and she has driven 1 yr claim free since this 65%..

cplwhisper wrote: »
    State number of claim free years = 1
    Ncb years in total = 3
    Any claims - 1 in 2018

The insurer you doing quote with will then give you call back and you explain that she had full ncb at time of accident, her step back ncb with Axa stepped her from 5yrs(75% their ncb scale) back to 2yrs (60% on their scale) and she has driven 1 yr claim free since this 65%..

Cheers for that.

So I rang the current insurer (Axa).

She actually has 2 claim free years. There is an error on the form that says 1.

But for the purpose of declaring NCB, they have confirmed that I should put 3 years in the online forms as the current NCB.

The claim on the policy was minor, so when I declare it on the online quote form it does actually give a quote, it does not refer me for a call back.

My worry was that if I tell a new company that there is 3 years NCB it might be incorrect, but it seems not.

CONFUSED.COM :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,170 ✭✭✭Goose81

Cheers for that.

So I rang the current insurer (Axa).

She actually has 2 claim free years. There is an error on the form that says 1.

But for the purpose of declaring NCB, they have confirmed that I should put 3 years in the online forms as the current NCB.

The claim on the policy was minor, so when I declare it on the online quote form it does actually give a quote, it does not refer me for a call back.

My worry was that if I tell a new company that there is 3 years NCB it might be incorrect, but it seems not.

CONFUSED.COM :confused:

Tbh most companies won't even give you a quote if you have had a claim in the last 5 years so your options will be very limited.

• Advertisement

Goose81 wrote: »
    Tbh most companies won't even give you a quote if you have had a claim in the last 5 years so your options will be very limited.

Not finding that thankfully.

The claim was accidental damage with no other car involved, and settled for relatively small money. I was surprised TBH that getting online quotes was no problem.

Did not seem to affect premium at all either. Its a new car, two drivers, €567 Comp (AIG).

Advertisement