Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upcoming DC Extended Universe (DCEU) Movies

Comments

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,073 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I thought R was 16. Why can't they just have the same ratings system as the rest of the world. So bloody confusing.

I used to work in a cinema and I've been to the cinema countless times in the US, you'd think I'd be able to figure it out... ;)

I still go bu old ratings in my head tbh. U, PG, 15, 18 :D Maybe there's no 15 now and it's 16? I'm pretty sure R rated films occasionally get 12 over here too depending on the movie.

Children can attend R rated films as long as they're accompanied afaik.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Mickeroo wrote: »
    I still go bu old ratings in my head tbh. U, PG, 15, 18 :D

Simpler times... Better times... When as a youngster, an 18 rating meant that's something I'm gonna wanna f***ing watch because they really don't want me to... Doubt the youth of today feel the same about a measly 16 rating.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

Simpler times... Better times... When as a youngster, an 18 rating meant that's something I'm gonna wanna f***ing watch because they really don't want me to... Doubt the youth of today feel the same about a measly 16 rating.

One of the worst cinema experiences of my youth was not being let in to Blade in the Savoy. When it eventually came out on video, I was in heaven. Simpler times indeed...!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,136 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Years ago my siblings, a few cousins and I all went to the cinema to see the South Park movie. One cousin and I were only 15 and it was rated 18s, so they wouldn't let us into it. We had to watch the only other thing playing at that time which was The Thomas Crown Affair where Rene Russo gets her tits out.

Ratings are f*cking stupid.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

The Flash director Rick Famuyiwa clearly doing his research for The Flash movie

https://twitter.com/RickFamuyiwa/status/740009819550027776?lang=en

https://twitter.com/RickFamuyiwa/status/740738824356007938?lang=en

Also might have missed it when watching Batman v. Superman, but do we know what version of The Flash Ezra Miller will be portraying?

And seeing as The Flash had a cameo in BvS, I'm guessing the film will skip the origin story.

And The Flash film should've been positioned in Warner Bros/DC's slate before Justice League..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Just checked wiki:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Batman_v_Superman:_Dawn_of_Justice#Cast
    and Barry Allen / The Flash respectively in brief appearances

Slydice wrote: »

Well that clears up which version of The Flash will be on the big screen in 2018. Be interesting to see now how the movie unfolds, will it acknowledge the fact that Barry already has his speed from his BvS cameo, or will that be forgotten in favour of the origin?

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Well that clears up which version of The Flash will be on the big screen in 2018. Be interesting to see now how the movie unfolds, will it acknowledge the fact that Barry already has his speed from his BvS cameo, or will that be forgotten in favour of the origin?

The version of The Flash in BvS was from the future, as well as actually being in a dream Bruce was having (I swear to god, that fcuking movie....), so they could easily do an origin and have it fit the timeline...

The version of The Flash in BvS was from the future, as well as actually being in a dream Bruce was having (I swear to god, that fcuking movie....), so they could easily do an origin and have it fit the timeline...

I know the Flash in Bruce's dream was from the future

But then what about the Barry/Flash in the store preventing a robbery Diana saw in Lex's "found metahumans file" on her computer was that Barry/Flash also from the future? or again a case of Barry already having his speed but keeping it on the down low?

Damned film..

But then what about the Barry/Flash in the store preventing a robbery Diana saw in Lex's "found metahumans file" on her computer was that Barry/Flash also from the future? or again a case of Barry already having his speed but keeping it on the down low?

Damned film..

Oh yeah, I forgot that whole thing about Bruce watching trailers for the upcoming movies... I guess he already has his powers by the time we meet him in the film or they set it partly before and partly after BvS...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,719 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Damned film..

Maybe like the swear filters, Boards should include a suffix for any mention of Batman v. Superman; something like "Batman v. Superman (goddamnit)" :D

pixelburp wrote: »
    Maybe like the swear filters, Boards should include a suffix for any mention of Batman v. Superman; something like "Batman v. Superman (goddamnit)" :D

Where do we request this feature?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,470 ✭✭✭brianregan09

And how will we find out the super hero name lex gave him now that he's in prison does this mean lex cameo in all the solo movies....I give up

I looked up The Flash who showed up in Bruce's dream, and according to the DC Comics Extended Universe Wiki, that Flash is from an alternate timeline..
    In an alternate timeline where Superman establishes a totalitarian regime and takes control of the Earth, Barry fights alongside Batman. When the resistance discovers the reason behind Superman's rise to power, Barry travels back in time using the Speed Force and tells Bruce to find Lois Lane and to find us before returning to his own time.

So could it possibly happen somewhere down the line that we'd see a Justice League film based on the Injustice: Gods Among Us video game.

Steppenwolf confirmed to be the villain of Justice League by Zack Snyder, logo and synopsis revealed as well.

justice-league-movie-logo-slice-600x200.jpg
    Fueled by his restored faith in humanity and inspired by Superman’s selfless act, Bruce Wayne enlists the help of his newfound ally, Diana Prince, to face an even greater enemy. Together, Batman and Wonder Woman work quickly to find and recruit a team of metahumans to stand against this newly awakened threat. But despite the formation of this unprecedented league of heroes—Batman, Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Cyborg and The Flash—it may already be too late to save the planet from an assault of catastrophic proportions.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,315 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

So these guys were brought onto the set for justice league for about 8 hours. They have a couple of things to say, nothing I would consider spoiler but they do talk about some things they seen obviously enough so if you don't want to know anything stop reading now.

https://youtu.be/76PNBV5TZsw

I was really disappointed to hear them describe it as a more marvel like film. I don't want to be going to the cinema to see DC and Marvel pump out the same formulaic films over and over. Hopefully this doesn't come to pass.

Stuff they seen on set sounds positive enough for Gordon and Flash.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,179 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Justice League Lands Colin Farrell in Mystery Role?

http://movieweb.com/justice-league-movie-cast-colin-farrell-michiel-huisman/

Synopsis for Wonder Woman have been revealed

http://comicbook.com/dc/2016/07/12/wonder-woman-synopsis-revealed/

• Registered Users Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Looks decent

• Advertisement

Wonder Woman trailer

• Registered Users Posts: 60,179 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Both look good I have to say.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Looks decent

Wonder Woman trailer

Well they both actually look really promising - already better than Batman V Superman on that front...

I'm still very wary about the DC Multiverse after MoS and BvS, but if Suicide Squad, Wonder Woman and Justice League Part 1 are anywhere close to as good as the trailers for them, it could be forgiven for some dodgy beginnings...

Well DC's universe building wasn't going to be a success right off the bat, but I think after Man Of Steel & Batman v. Superman, they are starting to find their footing..

Of course having Geoff Johns in charge doesn't hurt either.

TL;DR They experienced growing pains.

Well DC's universe building wasn't going to be a success right off the bat, but I think after Man Of Steel & Batman v. Superman, they are starting to find their footing..

Of course having Geoff Johns in charge doesn't hurt either.

TL;DR They experienced growing pains.

I think calling it "growing pains" is very generous. They experienced the fallout of hiring a hack director and giving him a huge amount of creative control over their universe when he obviously didn't have a good understanding of the source material.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

Wow!!

Those trailers are so much better than anything we've previously seen from the DCEU. Call me old fashioned but you can't beat a montage of team being put together. I'm loving the lighter tone (they've still kept the darker palette which is fine with me) although I am a bit worried that this already looks like a completely different Bruce Wayne/Batman that we saw in BvS. I also still have concerns about the strength of Batman's reasons "I think bad things are coming" but we'll see how the finished product turns out. Based on that footage I'm now pretty excited about JL and would be willing to pretend MoS and BvS never existed.

Wonder Woman also looks very good. Still have concerns about the costume but the gag at exchange at the end with Dawn from The Office was great.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

YUH!
    392505.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

Don't get hyped

Don't get hyped...

You've been burned before

etc.

fck it
    Great trailers. I'm on the Comic-con teaser hype train

db4e1815d441ebae83232cdcdeb23a2c.1000x417x2.gif

• Advertisement

Took me a few minutes, but I copped the t-shirt Jason Momoa's wearing when they brought out the cast of the movie.

Advertisement