Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

We're Back 1/06/2020

• 31-05-2020 10:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭

1st Jun NEWCASTLE 13:00
    10. Curfewed
    12/1

1st Jun NEWCASTLE 15:20
    5. Brian The Snail - Win
    6/1

1st Jun NEWCASTLE 15:55
    2. Red Treble - Win
    17/2

1st Jun NEWCASTLE 16:30
    2. Excessable - Win
    11/1

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Andrew00

We're back baby

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Daraa

To start off the return of racing and bad picks i've always liked the Queen Of Kalahari in the 16.30 @ 14/1 E/W paying 4 places.

Decent form over 6f this drop in trip to 5f might not suit but hoping todays outing is a bit more then a leg stretch.

Looking forward to these 10 egg and spoon races.
    Nothing unusual about that tho except today I won't have a cent on :p

Could be a few angles today (especially after the fact) :) regards picking winners/big priced value selections.

Will the younger jockeys have a slight advantage due to the layoff

Horses returning from long layoffs who can give a good account

Stables who are more self-sufficient/in isolated locations etc who might be less effected in their training due to the restrictions.

That kind of stuff that the pundits will be on about after racing is over and in the coming days and weeks.

Something I would consider IFF I was able to have a bet but since I can't at least I won't be able to beat myself up over missing some "angles that were 'obvious' with hindsight and after the fact" :D

Gluck to punters everywhere

• Registered Users Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭The Tetrarch

I put Euro 20 at 10s on Dream and Do in the French 1000 Guineas.
    She will be lucky to place as there are a couple of good fillies in the race.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,228 ✭✭✭munster87

Saisons D’or and Amadeus Grey in the next. Both at bigger prices.

Well that first race was a close one. Looked like Al Ozzdi most of the way up the run in

munster87 wrote: »
    Saisons D’or and Amadeus Grey in the next. Both at bigger prices.

A neck 2nd at 33s

I like Magical Journey in the next. Has been impressive in 2 starts so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭woody71

Singles and E/w Treble
    3.20 Tathmeen
    3.55 Rock of Diamonds
    4.30 Puchita

• Advertisement

good luck

WFD looks like ur up

• Registered Users Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭The Tetrarch

I phoned the stud in Co Tipperary a minute after the race to congratulate the stud owner.
    She was on the phone to the owner of Dream and Do after the race.
    The stud owner in Co Tipperary is not the owner of Dream and Do, the Pouliches winner, but it is exciting for her to have foaled and looked after a Classic winner.

^^^^^^

I see you mentioned her yesterday when she was available at 7s
    You held your nerve and got 10s today.

like a BOSS :)

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Daraa

Daraa wrote: »
    To start off the return of racing and bad picks i've always liked the Queen Of Kalahari in the 16.30 @ 14/1 E/W paying 4 places.

Decent form over 6f this drop in trip to 5f might not suit but hoping todays outing is a bit more then a leg stretch.

Nice one for the first day back!

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭stretchaq

Luck on Sunday for Oisin Murphy in the last cost 2m big ones 8s worth a small EW

stretchaq wrote: »
    Luck on Sunday for Oisin Murphy in the last cost 2m big ones 8s worth a small EW

She didn't show a lot today. Made up a bit of ground at the end to finish a moderate 5th or so. 2million for a filly. Some serious money some people have..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭tryfix

She didn't show a lot today. Made up a bit of ground at the end to finish a moderate 5th or so. 2million for a filly. Some serious money some people have..

I thought that it was a fairly reasonable debut for a filly who was just making her debut. I was quite impressed by how she was motoring alongside the favourite until the winner took off and Luck On Sunday went backward. There should be no particular disappointment amongst the owners over that debut. Have to say though that handing a 2million filly to trainer John Quinn seemed to be a leap of faith. As a full sister to multiple Group 1 winner Alice Springs she has been bought as a foundation level broodmare prospect.

tryfix wrote: »
    I thought that it was a fairly reasonable debut for a filly who was just making her debut. I was quite impressed by how she was motoring alongside the favourite until the winner took off and Luck On Sunday went backward. There should be no particular disappointment amongst the owners over that debut. Have to say though that handing a 2million filly to trainer John Quinn seemed to be a leap of faith. As a full sister to multiple Group 1 winner Alice Springs she has been bought as a foundation level broodmare prospect.

Well that's a more subjective and knowledgeable analysis than I could hope to come out with. I guess I was expecting more based on the cost - price moreso than its sp which was likely more of an assessment of what was expected on today's outing.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,087 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

When are the bookies opening?

• Advertisement

^^^^

Don't know. Probably the start of next month at the earliest. No bet since mid March. I'm jonesin' here :pac:
    Pretty sure there's been no clarification on the shop situation. Haven't been able to find out myself.. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭Pinesky

^^^^

Don't know. Probably the start of next month at the earliest. No bet since mid March. I'm jonesin' here :pac:
    Pretty sure there's been no clarification on the shop situation. Haven't been able to find out myself.. :(

Small firms June 8th . Members of IBA ,including the big firms June 29th

Pinesky wrote: »
    Small firms June 8th . Members of IBA ,including the big firms June 29th

Thanks very much!

Advertisement