Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Autumn 2018 - General discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Mobhi1

Lucreto wrote: »
    15C first thing in the morning is horrible. My house is well insolated. Its great in Winter as the heat doesn't go on until late November but in summer it's hell. 15c leaves the house close to 25C and the windows need to be closed for the alarm to work at night. I need a cold room to sleep in so the last few months I have been getting really bad sleeps.

I find that with the windows partially open and suitably light bed-clothes 15 is usually fine.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

very unsettled and wet morning here near Malaga, pouring rain here with rumbles of thunder every few minutes.

Looks like the last two days of my holiday is going to be wet and unsettled.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Gonzo wrote: »

At least you'll be ready for home ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

very unsettled and wet morning here near Malaga, pouring rain here with rumbles of thunder every few minutes.

Depending on who you’d be talking too here that would be seen as great weather.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Strange day in the Deise, overcast but very mild with little lighter areas in the cloud cover but they never actually break. If they did it would be very warm indeed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

Just horrible

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭MidMan25

Do you ever stop?

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,877 ✭✭✭pauldry

Whats going on with the weather forecast lately

Maybe right for South but for most of the past few weeks whatever they predict here in the West we seem to get the opposite.

Today was a banker dry day in the Northern half until....today. Its lashing.

Even last week this week was promised warm then it ends up cold with near frost at night. Dont even check forecasts anymore bar MTs.

pauldry wrote: »

Maybe right for South but for most of the past few weeks whatever they predict here in the West we seem to get the opposite.

Even last week this week was promised warm then it ends up cold with near frost at night. Dont even check forecasts anymore bar MTs.

Just came on to post the same
    POURING in athenry
    The lawn may not be cut again this year !!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

pouring rain all afternoon near Malaga, some intense bursts which would rival the heaviest rain showers I've ever seen in Ireland. Just had an hour of loud thunder with forks.

I am hoping for dryer conditions on Sunday and Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,984 ✭✭✭Artane2002

pauldry wrote: »

To be fair the nights were always expected to be cold.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,816 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

pouring rain all afternoon near Malaga, some intense bursts which would rival the heaviest rain showers I've ever seen in Ireland. Just had an hour of loud thunder with forks.

I am hoping for dryer conditions on Sunday and Monday.

Central Spain today. Come back in one piece Gonzo ! Looks like ye had plenty of thunderstorm activity, any floods where you are now ?

https://twitter.com/StormchaserUKEU/status/1038466079637549056

vYYXU75.gif

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,816 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Brightened up nicely around 18.00 . Got up to 17.1C and currently 15.7C, plenty of rain since last night with 12.8mm in total, 7mm since midnight.

The Pond is starting to fill up, should have plenty by midweek.

GlL9OBr.jpg?1

Central Spain today. Come back in one piece Gonzo ! Looks like ye had plenty of thunderstorm activity, any floods where you are now ?

We had some flash flooding between 3pm and 6pm and there was severe torrents of water running from the mountains behind Fuengirola through the aqueducts which run off into beach/sea.

At least 2 inches of rain fell here during the afternoon. The noise of the thunder overhead was incredible, echoing off all the high rise apartment blocks. I've seen more rain here today than I've seen all summer in Ireland.

I've been told this is the first rain in the Fuengirola region in about 2 months. Looks like more showers tomorrow morning to early afternoon.

I am hoping for one more hot and sunny day on Monday before I head back to Ireland on Tuesday to face another 9 months of Autumn/Winter like conditions!.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,524 ✭✭✭Zapperzy

Seemed to dry up by late evening here in east Galway but it was a whole day of misty grey drizzle muck, just like yesterday. Lit the fire for the first time since April.

Zapperzy wrote: »
    Seemed to dry up by late evening here in east Galway but it was a whole day of misty grey drizzle muck, just like yesterday. Lit the fire for the first time since April.

It wasn’t a whole day of misty grey drizzle muck

I didn’t break and might a fire though
    Too soon !!!

Decent day between the showers
    Breezy with good drying
    A welcome break from the gloom
    For a day .......

another very wet day here near Malaga. Easily another 1-2 inches of rain has fallen in the past hour. Roads flooded again and water gushing everywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,137 ✭✭✭highdef

another very wet day here near Malaga. Easily another 1-2 inches of rain has fallen in the past hour. Roads flooded again and water gushing everywhere.
    You really don't have much luck with the weather of late, whether home or abroad. Rain reported (light rain, at that) only once in the past 24 hours at malaga airport so it must be very localised.

http://tgftp.nws.noaa.gov/weather/current/LEMG.html

• Advertisement

highdef wrote: »
    You really don't have much luck with the weather of late, whether home or abroad. Rain reported (light rain, at that) only once in the past 24 hours at malaga airport so it must be very localised.

http://tgftp.nws.noaa.gov/weather/current/LEMG.html

yep we had a huge shower which seem to build out of nowhere this afternoon and in about 40 minutes dumped a huge amount of rain. Sun is back shining for the first time since Friday and temperatures have dropped a good bit, back down to 23C now.

Tomorrow is meant to be much improved here so fingers crossed I get one last final warm day before I head home! More heavy rain is forecasted for the area after Tuesday again, but i'll be back at home by that stage.

The weather here was great up until yesterday morning. A good few people around area have told us they have been staying in this area for the past 20+ years and never seen early September weather with 2 days of rain.

Nice bright and breezy today in Kerry, great wind for the Munster Optimists in Fenit. Got up to 17.2C , feeling cool now at 13.4C, still breezy and recent shower.

kNbQEhS.jpg?1

Looks like most had some glimpse of sunshine today at some stage. LP staying well off to the NW.

lrWUk46.jpg?1

q8iTtwe.png

Looks like most had some glimpse of sunshine today at some stage. LP staying well off to the NW.

lrWUk46.jpg?1

q8iTtwe.png

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=h4UqMyldS7Q

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

Had an ok day here. Breezy but it was ok in the sun. It’s very very autumnal though. There’s no Indian summer here.

Had an ok day here. Breezy but it was ok in the sun. It’s very very autumnal though. There’s no Indian summer here.

judging from what I've read since September 1st, certainly no warmth in Ireland. Most Septembers usually have several days of low to mid 20's, but not this year.

Just London and the extreme south-east of England seems to be holding onto some comfortable warmth this month.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,506 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

judging from what I've read since September 1st, certainly no warmth in Ireland. Most Septembers usually have several days of low to mid 20's, but not this year.

Just London and the extreme south-east of England seems to be holding onto some comfortable warmth this month.

Well Phoenix Park got up to 25.1c on September 2nd which would make it one of Dublin's warmest September days since 2000 (not sure about since records began because I haven't looked at them for this) along with 17 September 2003, 28 September 2011 and 5 September 2016.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,984 ✭✭✭Artane2002

At least it's been pretty sunny so far, I'll gladly take that regardless of temperatures.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

was very warm in cork city today and pure blue skies too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

A wild and windy wakening after a wild and windy night... cold too. West Mayo offshore island.

Advertisement