Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Apple Air Pods Pro

• 05-06-2020 8:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭

Apple AirPods Pro down from €279 to €249.95 in Powercity.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭CountingCrows

€218 here or am I missing something?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,200 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

True but mixed reviews on e global, mostly ok but at least Powercity are in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭codrulz

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

Id be paying the extra 30 euro not to have a grey market product. Youre screwed if something goes wrong!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,142 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

Plus Power City delivers next day (or 3-4 days) while Amazon.de will take at least 7 days (to ireland) or next day to PM/PW plus that cost.

In the end paying Power City directly (and collect or take the free delivery) will be nearly the same price as getting it from Amazon.de but they show up quicker.

Or if you work for a multinational check if they use beneplace as employee perks provider, than you can get them from Apple directly for €250.92 with free express delivery. Price depends on the $/€ rate so it might go up/down.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Dublinstiofán

20% off the AirPods with wireless charging case on Amazon too at the moment.

£159 instead of £199

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

What's the benefits of these over generic wireless earbuds can I ask?

I am actually in the market for new ones at the minute, but can't fathom why I would pay 5 X times the price of the likes of these Wireless Headphones, Boltune Bluetooth 5.0 Stereo Headphones True Wireless in-Ear Earbuds IPX7 Waterproof Wireless Eardphones with Quick Charging Case(Built-in Mic, 3D Stereo, 40Hrs Playtime) https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07VW6JS7Z/ref=cm_sw_r_other_apa_i_be22Eb75AGP9T

I'm not trying to be a dick or anti Apple btw, I am wanting someone who knows a bit more about these things than I do to simply advise me.

I don't mind paying for a decent product, but I'm not going to spend hundreds if 50 odd will do the same job.

I intend to use these with my phone/smart watch and probably laptop in hotels if the job ever allows me to travel again.

McMurphy wrote: »
    What's the benefits of these over generic wireless earbuds can I ask?

I am actually in the market for new ones at the minute, but can't fathom why I would pay 5 X times the price of the likes of these Wireless Headphones, Boltune Bluetooth 5.0 Stereo Headphones True Wireless in-Ear Earbuds IPX7 Waterproof Wireless Eardphones with Quick Charging Case(Built-in Mic, 3D Stereo, 40Hrs Playtime) https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07VW6JS7Z/ref=cm_sw_r_other_apa_i_be22Eb75AGP9T

I'm not trying to be a dick or anti Apple btw, I am wanting someone who knows a bit more about these things than I do to simply advise me.

I don't mind paying for a decent product, but I'm not going to spend hundreds if 50 odd will do the same job.

I intend to use these with my phone/smart watch and probably laptop in hotels if the job ever allows me to travel again.

The sound and more importantly the microphone on the AirPods are street ahead of anything <€50 but yes you pay a hefty premium for the pleasure.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,396 ✭✭✭CalamariFritti

I don't actually have these but I read a test. While they have the usual apple premium on the price they seem to have a very balanced sound and the best noise cancelling (ANC) in the test field. If used with an android device you cant easily switch between ANC and transparent mode though, they work best with an apple device.

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭leuler

knealecat wrote: »
    Apple AirPods Pro down from €279 to €249.95 in Powercity.

Just checked Powercity and they are back up to 279 :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭Notch000

$250 for a set of ear phone buds :):):):)

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭TheWatcher182

Anyone know best price to find the pro’s? Best I can see is Amazon at £210. Would get expected a more significant price drop by now

• Registered Users, Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,172 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

Anyone know best price to find the pro’s? Best I can see is Amazon at £210. Would get expected a more significant price drop by now

I bought the pros for €186 on Amazon.de a week or so ago. That included shipping to Ireland. It was on HUKD.

• Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭donalh087

I am looking to buy a pair of airpods from amazon.de. It say E126 on the front page

531427.JPG

Then when I go to pay the price has gone up to E132. Any idea why??

531428.JPG

donalh087 wrote: »
    I am looking to buy a pair of airpods from amazon.de. It say E126 on the front page

531427.JPG

531428.JPG

Perhaps VAT difference?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,673 ✭✭✭ablelocks

Perhaps VAT difference?

that's it - the German VAT rate was reduced recently, and Irish VAT is applied at the checkout

I bought the pros for €186 on Amazon.de a week or so ago. That included shipping to Ireland. It was on HUKD.

Thanks! Showing up on amazon.de now for €194.76. Think il pull the trigger but i suspect a further drop around Black Friday soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,320 ✭✭✭BBMcQ

Anyone looking for a quick review and wondering why I paid approx 220 Eur (from Amazon at the time) for the AirPods Pro.

Xiaomi Airdots - currently €20-€25 : by far the best value true wireless earphones. Genuinely think these sound better than AirPods Pro but use micro-usb and have a mic that is useless outdoors. Great fit and cheap enough to have multiple pairs on the go.

Jabra 65t - I paid €130 : awful fit me which genuinely caused pain in my ears. The bad fit gave them poor bass and seal. Got a refund from Amazon 3 months after buying. Great mic but I couldn’t use them.

AirPods Pro - I paid €220 : I bought these after the debacle of the Jabra earphones. I bought them knowing i would get a good or maybe great product. Since then I’ve used them everyday. Perfect fit, great active noise cancellation which you control through the control panel on your phone, Siri at hand just by saying hey Siri, wireless charging or lightning (I have a 3 in 1 wireless charger for iPhone, watch and EarPods), very quick changing between iPhone and MacBook, very good mics and also they connect seamlessly to Apple TV that I have with Eir, so I can watch TV in silence - important when u have small kids!

My wife has the regular AirPods and they are the only piece of tech that she uses alongside her iPhone. Everything else was dropped after a few weeks. She doesn’t like plug type earphones. Having the same charger port (lightning) as your iPhone means you can charge anywhere. Also the fact we both have the Apple W chip which is used across Apple and Beats wireless earphones, means we can stream from one device to both our earphones at the same time “it just works”.

I did consider the Sony true wireless kings but as ever, the Apple ecosystem sucked me back in.

Happy to answer any other questions!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭fuse

531427.JPG

531428.JPG

I ordered these from amazon.de a couple of weeks ago. Got them including delivery for around 124eur. Seemed like a decent price.

Arrived today, in a grubby box, no seals on it. Charging box clear seal was just bundled back on. Opened the case and there were specs of dust and dirt in it.
    Defo been opened before and possibly used.
    Kinda surprised at this from amazon.
    Sending them back and getting a refund...

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Hideki99235

And when did you start work for apple? 😂😂
    BBMcQ wrote: »
    Anyone looking for a quick review and wondering why I paid approx 220 Eur (from Amazon at the time) for the AirPods Pro.

Xiaomi Airdots - currently €20-€25 : by far the best value true wireless earphones. Genuinely think these sound better than AirPods Pro but use micro-usb and have a mic that is useless outdoors. Great fit and cheap enough to have multiple pairs on the go.

Jabra 65t - I paid €130 : awful fit me which genuinely caused pain in my ears. The bad fit gave them poor bass and seal. Got a refund from Amazon 3 months after buying. Great mic but I couldn’t use them.

AirPods Pro - I paid €220 : I bought these after the debacle of the Jabra earphones. I bought them knowing i would get a good or maybe great product. Since then I’ve used them everyday. Perfect fit, great active noise cancellation which you control through the control panel on your phone, Siri at hand just by saying hey Siri, wireless charging or lightning (I have a 3 in 1 wireless charger for iPhone, watch and EarPods), very quick changing between iPhone and MacBook, very good mics and also they connect seamlessly to Apple TV that I have with Eir, so I can watch TV in silence - important when u have small kids!

My wife has the regular AirPods and they are the only piece of tech that she uses alongside her iPhone. Everything else was dropped after a few weeks. She doesn’t like plug type earphones. Having the same charger port (lightning) as your iPhone means you can charge anywhere. Also the fact we both have the Apple W chip which is used across Apple and Beats wireless earphones, means we can stream from one device to both our earphones at the same time “it just works”.

I did consider the Sony true wireless kings but as ever, the Apple ecosystem sucked me back in.

Happy to answer any other questions!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,320 ✭✭✭BBMcQ

And when did you start work for apple? 😂😂

Lol, definite synergy the more devices you add. Always preferred iOS over Android, stems from there I guess. MacBook is 8years old and use it every weekday all day for work, doesn’t miss a beat. Watch is a no-brainer as I need to never miss a call (had Pebble watch for a year), Apple TV is their weakest product and AirPods were just the obvious choice on top of all the above!

Keeping the focus on the earphones. Anyone not tied to Apple should seriously consider the Sony ones and I think Jabra would be great if they fit comfortably. The Xiaomi air dots are the best pound for pound.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,454 ✭✭✭Shred

I see several sellers with supposedly brand new Airpods Pro for sub €200 Adverts (at least one is a B&M shop in Dublin); surely these can’t be genuine?

Shred wrote: »
    I see several sellers with supposedly brand new Airpods Pro for sub €200 Adverts (at least one is a B&M shop in Dublin); surely these can’t be genuine?

There aren’t. They’re all grade A fakes and majority of sellers have zero feedback. Avoid them at all costs. I’m been leaving some comments calling them out on it. Notably that CEX off 164 cash on trade in and these chancers are selling €135 in some cases.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,454 ✭✭✭Shred

There aren’t. They’re all grade A fakes and majority of sellers have zero feedback. Avoid them at all costs. I’m been leaving some comments calling them out on it. Notably that CEX off 164 cash on trade in and these chancers are selling €135 in some cases.

I thought so, if it’s too good to be true...!

• Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭donalh087

Unfortunately these ones don’t fit or stay in my ear! Perhaps try a friends before purchasing just as an FYI

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭drogon.

Unfortunately these ones don’t fit or stay in my ear! Perhaps try a friends before purchasing just as an FYI

Surely with Amazon you have good refund policy, I find the regular better than the Pro as the tips can make it very uncomfortable after a long period of use.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭rizzee

Check out the Mpow X3s on Amazon, they go between 40-50 Pound (got mine for 39.99 less than 2 months ago with a 10 Pound voucher applied at checkout)

Over 3.5k reviews with over 4.5/5 star rating.

Miles better than the regular Airpods and have 3 friends so far who have purchase after hearing the quality of mine. I'm an Apple user too but they blow the originals away can't compare vs Pro but at the price point they are a bargain. They show up battery life etc on the Battery widget on iPhone too.

They battery life, ANC and 6 sets of tips that come with it make it great value.

But if you're set for Airpods that's probably useless info for you, I just recommend to keep options open to avoid unnecessary spending :)

Advertisement