Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

OnePlus 7T Amazon Germany €499

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭the goon

MattS1 wrote: »
    Would you not wait for the Pixel 4A?

I currently have the 3T and it has been absolutely fantastic. It has served me well for 3.5 yrs but they have stopped updating it and it is getting abit glitchy. So I want to stay with them based on personal experience and from what I understand the 7T is very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,935 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

I had the 3T and then OP7 Pro past year and I can't fault OnePlus at all.

Most reliable best phones I've ever had.

I've had iPhones and Samsung Notes for work and to me nothing matches OnePlus for quality and value for money

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭a clanger

I've had a 3T/5T/7T and loved them all great phones. HQ likes her Samsungs apart from wireless charging there is little difference apart from price. I much prefer the WARP charge anyway literally 20mins to 80%. Daughter has 5T now and broke the screen. Picked up by UPS on Monday fixed by Oneplus and back by Friday ...total cost was €120 not cheap but compared to €220 for an S8 screen well you do the math. All Oneplus buys/repairs have been through their own site with no issues. Great phones

the goon wrote: »
    The 7T is £469 on amazon.co.uk at mo which at current exchange rate is circa €524. Thinking about taking the plunge as not sure if OnePlus were just getting rid of last few units they had in stock at the €539 price.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07XHHKMKV/

Just about to pull the trigger on this and notice it is listed as UK Version. Wondering if someone more knowledgeable can tell me will this have any impact on using it here with Eir?

Thanks in advance.

Just about to pull the trigger on this and notice it is listed as UK Version. Wondering if someone more knowledgeable can tell me will this have any impact on using it here with Eir?

Thanks in advance.

No impact using it here. It has all the frequencies you need for 4G in Ireland. It's basically a euro phone....only the plug changes depending on country! The only issue would be if you bought an American or Chinese version of the 7T

• Advertisement

So like an eejit I missed the Amazon.co.uk offer. As I said I am an eejit and procrastinate way too much. Just now though I see on Amazon.de they have it dispatched and sold by Amazon. Can anyone. More clued in tell me if there are any issues buying from Amazon.de? Thanks
    https://www.amazon.de/OnePlus-Smartphone-Glacier-Speicher-Front-Kamera-Blue/dp/B07XHKQJVS/ref=mp_s_a_1_2?dchild=1&keywords=oneplus+7t&qid=1590944328&sprefix=OnePlus+7&sr=8-2

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Paddy_man

So like an eejit I missed the Amazon.co.uk offer. As I said I am an eejit and procrastinate way too much. Just now though I see on Amazon.de they have it dispatched and sold by Amazon. Can anyone. More clued in tell me if there are any issues buying from Amazon.de? Thanks
    https://www.amazon.de/OnePlus-Smartphone-Glacier-Speicher-Front-Kamera-Blue/dp/B07XHKQJVS/ref=mp_s_a_1_2?dchild=1&keywords=oneplus+7t&qid=1590944328&sprefix=OnePlus+7&sr=8-2

I've ordered from amazon.de plenty of times and no issues with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭Brock Turnpike

I got mine from Amazon.de and had no issue. The only thing to keep in mind is that you will get a two pin charger so you'll need an adapter to use it in three pin plug.

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭septicsac

Missed UK deal as well and not wanting the silly EU 2 pin charger for same money. if not back in stock in UK might take a chance on the Realme x2 Pro instead, near 100E cheaper, from same parent company, faster processor, though maybe slightly lesser camera? Hard to leave Oneplus, have a Oneplus 3 for 4 yrs, its still mint and never missed a beat.

Looks like the Uk amazon offer is back at £469

• Advertisement

a clanger wrote: »

Just bought it. Worn out from trying to figure out which phone to get. It's worse than trying to buy a car!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭JCDUB

a clanger wrote: »

Be careful of this deal. I bought last month and was charged £480.72.

Contacted customer service and they were awful. Told me to cancel the order, which I did, and reordered.

Colour I wanted was then out of stock, and guess what, I was overcharged again. Then I didn't get the full refund amount of the first purchase back.

Had to contact them through chat twice, at least an hour each time. Not a sniff of an apology.

Has taken over two weeks and I still don't have my refund, although it's on the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭JamBur

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Quick question. When were you charged for this? Looking at my online banking after ordering, the payment was pending. It was dispatched on Friday but don't see any sign of payment. So either it's gonna come out on delivery or I get a free phone.
    I know with amazon uk it's payment on dispatch

I've had that happen to me before with Amazon uk. I had the projector set up in my living room before the money was charged.

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭johnb25

JCDUB wrote: »

Contacted customer service and they were awful. Told me to cancel the order, which I did, and reordered.

Colour I wanted was then out of stock, and guess what, I was overcharged again. Then I didn't get the full refund amount of the first purchase back.

Had to contact them through chat twice, at least an hour each time. Not a sniff of an apology.

Has taken over two weeks and I still don't have my refund, although it's on the way.

Just bought now, no problem with the price.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,531 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

JCDUB wrote: »

You weren't overcharged, Irish VAT was applied instead of UK VAT. The correct amount is shown before you click Pay at checkout.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭JCDUB

You weren't overcharged, Irish VAT was applied instead of UK VAT. The correct amount is shown before you click Pay at checkout.

Ok, interesting. They're giving me a refund anyhow. Strange that they would if it was a VAT issue.

I'll have to keep an eye out for that in future.

Anyhow, phone is a powerhouse, my 2nd OnePlus, had a 3t til now. Huge step up, can't recommend it highly enough.

Screen is looonnnnnggggggg though, takes some getting used to:D

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭Bodjhrjekekr

€419 now on the Three website

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭reni10

€419 now on the Three website

Are Three selling this fully unlocked?

reni10 wrote: »

Suspect if you had 3 sim in then other would be unlocked or just get it unlocked, as 419 well worth it, serious phone for that money

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,926 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Tried to add it earlier but it failed unless you ported a number.

Are they locked?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,445 ✭✭✭micks_address

mik_da_man wrote: »
    Tried to add it earlier but it failed unless you ported a number.

Are they locked?

It's 7 not 7t?

• Registered Users Posts: 33 JamesRLS

So is the second sim slot unlocked? I cant find any unlock codes for the 7T online

JamesRLS wrote: »
    So is the second sim slot unlocked? I cant find any unlock codes for the 7T online

I ordered the 7T last Friday, arrived today, put my GOMO sim in and worked fine, looks like it comes fully unlocked, some deal for this phone, its 539 Euro on the oneplus website and out of stock, 419 with Three. Im upgrading from a Oneplus 3, have it 4 yrs and it never missed a beat. The cameras aint Samsung top end quality, but they aint crap either, serious phone for the money.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 JamesRLS

septicsac wrote: »
    I ordered the 7T last Friday, arrived today, put my GOMO sim in and worked fine, looks like it comes fully unlocked, some deal for this phone, its 539 Euro on the oneplus website and out of stock, 419 with Three. Im upgrading from a Oneplus 3, have it 4 yrs and it never missed a beat. The cameras aint Samsung top end quality, but they aint crap either, serious phone for the money.

Did you buy it from three or amazon?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭reni10

If you bought it direct from Three is it definitely dual SIM?

Also did you have to top up with €15 as well as the €419 cost for the phone itself?

JamesRLS wrote: »
    Did you buy it from three or amazon?
    Three

If you bought it direct from Three is it definitely dual SIM?

Also did you have to top up with €15 as well as the €419 cost for the phone itself?
    Picked the 15€ plan, but you don't have to top up immediately when buying, so presume I only have to do so if I want to use Sim, so all in for 419, get free clear silicon cover with phone too

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,926 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Picked the 15€ plan, but you don't have to top up immediately when buying, so presume I only have to do so if I want to use Sim, so all in for 419, get free clear silicon cover with phone too

And it's dual SIM?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,325 ✭✭✭✭Tony

Have one saved in the three basket at 419.99 , can anyone confirm that its definitely dual sim ?

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭Brock Turnpike

mik_da_man wrote: »
    And it's dual SIM?

The one plus 7t is a dual SIM phone.

Advertisement