Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Podcast Recommendation

• 28-05-2020 3:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭

Maybe some of you listen to this already, but I have been listening for the last year and enjoyed it a lot. I've made it through the back catalogue too and there is some great insight. Michael McMullan is the main regular guest who is excellent, and they have the likes of McManus or Foulds on regularly. One negative is audio quality, which is often poor, but seems to have improved in recent months. There is especially a lot of insight on the history of the game, and some good behind the scenes stories.

Snooker Scene Podcast with Dave Hendon
    https://soundcloud.com/davehendon

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭Genghis

Discovered this a few weeks back and have listened to 4 or 5.

Excellent content, good conversation / rapport between the hosts Dave and Micheal, between them they cover some great topics in some detail. Nerds delight ;)

Has become a favourite podcast. Agree with you on sound issues but I can live with that.

Had forgotten about Micheal McMullen and his work in snooker. Mainly remember him from Today FM circa 2004.

Fair play to them for covering the sport all the way through the lockdown.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

It's great, but how he hasn't sorted the audio quality yet is bizarre. Could all be resolved for probably <€200.

Advertisement