Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transfers

• 16-05-2020 12:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Looking for advice on getting a transfer. Currently live in a two bed apartment with my husband and 3 kids. One teenage girl and one boy and girl both under 8. My husband and I sleep in a small room and kids have the bigger one. We originally bought this apartment when we had one child but due to financial crash we went on a buy to rent scheme with our council.

Our life in this apartment is unbearable. It has no soundproofing. We had no neighbours above us for 10 years then they moved in a girl from a hotel. I can hear each time my neighbour above goes to the toilet from my bedroom the soundproofing is so bad. My neighbour is aggressive and shouts all the time. She likes to party loud until 8am, stinks the block out with weed or whatever it is they smoke and screams at her fella all day. Shes threatened to stab the face off another neighbour. Then has the cheek to post on facebook saying I am loud.

I have anxiety attacks over her presence the sound of her voice actually raises my blood pressure. My kids are as loud as all kids are when they play. We dont drink so dont have parties and both work full time plus I'm part time in college getting a degree. Only noise shes hearing is general kids playing fighting with each other. My teenager is frustrated sharing a room with her siblings as she needs her privacy.
    I have requested a transfer before and it was refused from my council. The area I am in Is full of drugs and 3 dealers live on my doorstep. My kids cant go out and play and we have no balcony which adds more stress.

Heating is inadequate in the place and the apartments are freezing. Furniture gets damp and I am constantly cleaning and painting. Other neighbours have said the same. The whole block has a silverfish issue and I am freaked out by this too. I feel like the odds are stacked against us here. We both work hard and pay high rent to live in what feels like a tenement. I am so depressed and have felt suicidal. My gp put me on tablets but I feel nothing helps.

I'd love to be able to purchase again which is why I am in college tryna further my career but with 3 years of study left it will be some time before this can happen.

Has anyone advice that would help me to get out of this hell or to even make it more bearable? I don't think I can cope much longer.

Thanks

Advertisement