Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Scam phone call - posing as revenue

Options
  • 13-02-2020 3:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭

A relative had a scam call from someone with a foreign accent claiming to be from the revenue. My relative was suspicious enough to hang up. The caller ID showed the Waterford number 051 347151. According to the comments on https://www.phonenumbers.ie/number/35351347151 the number has been scamming for the past few days. If you listen longer you'll be informed the revenue owes you money and they need your bank details for the transfer. Money will be taken from you instead. It has been reported to the Gardaí for what it's worth.

It's no harm to remind any elderly or trusting relatives and friends to hang up on calls like this. Help them to block the number on their phone as a preventative measure though a new number will be used for the scam eventually.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭Girly Gal

Had a phone call today claiming to be from revenue, guy had a really heavy foreign accent, difficult to understand, so was immediately suspicious, Waterford number 051 347 246, I didn't give him any information, but, he claimed I owed revenue €546 and had committed fraud, when I pressed him further about this he hung up, so, obviously a scam, just be aware of calls like this.

Advertisement