Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Sonoff WiFi Plug - €7.24 (using code) [Dressily]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,503 ✭✭✭✭vectra

Sounds like a deal
    Ordered 3
    thanks OP

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭iPhone.

I have a few of these. Can be handy alright.

I have mine connected to google home as a device. so for example I just need to say 'ok google, turn on the telly' and it will power on my telly and sound system.

Solves that first world problem very well for me :)

EDIT - forgot to say also that the firmware on these can be changed to an open source firmware too, for those who like dabbling in that side of things for fun or projects etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭Sniipe

Thanks OP, just bought 3. No idea why yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,564 ✭✭✭frash

Bought 5

Thanks OP

• Registered Users Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭AdrianII

Edit. Didn't read it properly

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭DopeTech

AdrianII wrote: »
    Up at 14 euro per device now

No, use the code to bring them down.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

antodeco wrote: »
    If you really want a useful thing for these (if you have a coffee or tea with breakfast) is to set the plug for the same time as your alarm. This will then boil the kettle for you. Just make sure you have the switch down on the plug and it's filled with water!
    I used mine last Winter for the electric blanket on the bed..

** 20 minutes before bed **

"Alexa, blanket on"

Me:

154303.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭msmx5

Thanks OP,

I selected USD as payment method for a better price!
    Using Revolut & Paypal to pay for three it cost $23.64 = €20.76 or €6.92 each!

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭Villan11

Basq wrote: »

"Alexa, blanket on"

Me:

154303.jpg

Got two delivered yesterday, wasn't sure what I was gonna use them for, at least I know what one is for now!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,776 ✭✭✭jacool

"Alexa, blanket on"

Me:

154303.jpg

Love what you did with your hair, Basq

• Advertisement

Villan11 wrote: »
    Got two delivered yesterday, wasn't sure what I was gonna use them for, at least I know what one is for now!

How long did delivery take?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,520 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

I put 2 in basket and then joined the site when I went to check out there was points there to be redeemed.
    Worked out at €5.75 per plug.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,453 ✭✭✭sioda

1143 for two for Basqs idea alone well worth it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

Cheers OP.

Didn’t need.

Bought 2.

The essence of a good BA :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Thanks Basq - been meaning to buy WiFi plugs to go with google home for ages now but could never justify the price.

Just bought 2 of these and I'm sure I'll someday realise what I'll do with them. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,001 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Just ordered 4. £27.42 and it worked out at €31.96.

Delighted with that, wanted to pick up some smart plugs.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Jofspring wrote: »
    Just ordered 4. £27.42 and it worked out at €31.96.

Delighted with that, wanted to pick up some smart plugs.
    Might be better cancelling that and order 2 sets of 2..

.. less risk of customs hammering you if despatched separately as it'll be under €22 per order then.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,121 ✭✭✭lau1247

Might be better cancelling that and order 2 sets of 2..

.. less risk of customs hammering you if despatched separately as it'll be under €22 per order then.

Becareful, the promo code is only usable twice per account. Not sure if cancelling the order would reset that limit. (Could always open another account i suppose).

Side note, register, activate the account via the confirmation email and you will get 100 points (Basically further discount that can be applied at checkout). If you're gonna order as two separate order, best leave the smaller order on the second one to maximise the usage of the points and have minimum carry over.

West Dublin, ☀️ 7.83kWp ⚡5.66 kWp South West, ⚡2.18 kWp North East

• Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭gunnerfitzy

Bought two for €11.60

Will figure out what to use them for later.

Thanks OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭konline

Bought two for €11.60

Will figure out what to use them for later.

Thanks OP.

How did you get that price? It's showing me £12.85 for two? Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭fuse

How legit is this dresslily crowd?
    3 mins after signing up for an account with them I get an email from account-security-noreply@accountprotection.microsoft.com
    titled "Microsoft account password reset". Double checked and it's not a phishing mail.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭deckie27

Mr.S wrote: »
    Shipping takes an age does it?

I'd guess between 3 and 12 weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭konline

konline wrote: »
    How did you get that price? It's showing me £12.85 for two? Thanks.

Sorry, got it. Have to use the D points. Thx.

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭IBrows89

Just got 2 of these, great price. No idea what I'll use them for but can't turn it down for that price. Thanks OP!

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭msmx5

UsedToWait wrote: »
    Cheers OP.

Didn’t need.

Bought 2.

The essence of a good BA :)

:) I have 2 already in use (actually the older S20 model) bought 3 then realised about the D point and bout another 3! At this stage I think i'll have more wifi switches than sockets!

msmx5 wrote: »
    :) I have 2 already in use (actually the older S20 model) bought 3 then realised about the D point and bout another 3! At this stage I think i'll have more wifi switches than sockets!

What are you using them for? Only thing i can think of is controlling lights.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,423 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Sir Dosser wrote: »

I lost the remote to my TV and the switch broke on the TV, so I had to unplug the TV each time to turn it off. I can now just ask Alexa to do it.

I also have a radio in an awkward place in the kitchen. I can ask Alexa to out the radio on. If, go one better and get a Bluetooth bar connected to Alexa and you can play Spotify through it, without leaving it on all the time.

Electric blanket is a great one as Basq mentioned. Also, if you have a dehumidifier or plug in heater, you can use it with them aswell!

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭fuse

Sir Dosser wrote: »

If you use Plex, set up some webhooks with homebridge and get it to turn off your lamp and turn on some mood lighting behind tv :D

• Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭mjp

Bought 3 of them there. Have never used such technology but plan on using it with plug for air fryer and can switch on air fryer when leaving gym and dinner be near cooked when get home.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

mjp wrote: »
    Bought 3 of them there. Have never used such technology but plan on using it with plug for air fryer and can switch on air fryer when leaving gym and dinner be near cooked when get home.

Eh, would the food not be rancid sitting all day in the Airfryer, or what would you be cooking?

Advertisement