Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Accommodation Thread (all accommodation available & Q's in here)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39 eyssy12

hey paul, i gave her a ring just now and she said theres some girls goin up to look at the house tomoro 5th sept, she will call me back to tell me whats the story with them, as long as there are two beds left me and the other boy are probably going to end up at that house... i asked her about the internet and she said that if the tenants want the internet thats grand but youll have to pay it yourselves..

• Registered Users Posts: 7 paulc216

eyssy12 wrote: »
    hey paul, i gave her a ring just now and she said theres some girls goin up to look at the house tomoro 5th sept, she will call me back to tell me whats the story with them, as long as there are two beds left me and the other boy are probably going to end up at that house... i asked her about the internet and she said that if the tenants want the internet thats grand but youll have to pay it yourselves..

SOUND :) ya hopefully it will al work out !! Let me know wat happens.!!

me and the other lad will be heading tomoro to check out the place sometime after registration i think, we will probably take the twin bedroom so thats that. how many people are there already?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 paulc216

eyssy12 wrote: »
    me and the other lad will be heading tomoro to check out the place sometime after registration i think, we will probably take the twin bedroom so thats that. how many people are there already?

Not so bad, just me so far i think nt sure if she has gt any1 else so far.

both of us paid the deposit 2day so its all grand..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,939 ✭✭✭✭event

guys, if you're looking to get broadband, you can try Digiweb.
    they give it wireless, so you dont need to install a phone line.
    they will need to mount an aerial on the roof and perhaps drill a hole to get the cable in so you should check that with the landlord.

http://www.digiweb.ie/backtoschool/
    based in Dundalk as well (up beside Heinz factory)

30Mb for 30e (first 3 months) and then 45e a month after that
    one thing I will say though, they have a traffic limit of 100g and it is strictly monitored. if you go over, you arent charged but slowed down to 128k. If ye wish, you can then choose to purchase extra traffic to sort ye out

do you have that deal aswell? do they have a connection charge? Might consider this, seems a good enough plan.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Aaron93

Im starting a course in DKIT in January and i have been searching online for 1 bedroom apartments near the I.T without an luck.
    there is very little info on the on campus accommodation.
    All I need is a 1 bedroom apartment with an en-suite an wifi?
    anybody know of anything around? I have a car so if its a little away from the I.T it doesnt matter.
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭MissD93

:confused:Does the it provide student accomodation i'm coming from a good bit away and no one I know is attending.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Delta1138

Hey,
    is anyone offering digs in dundlak? Am 21 male dont drink or smoke and not a big social person. Should only be staying in Dundalk 2-4 nights a week depending on timetable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

MissD93 wrote: »
    :confused:Does the it provide student accomodation i'm coming from a good bit away and no one I know is attending.

Yes there is on campus accommodation available, more details here - https://www.dkit.ie/students-union/student-accommodation

Some more information here - http://www.dkitsu.ie/accommodation/list.php

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Howyahorse

Double room (digs) available for rent in Dundalk! Ath Lethan, at the racetrack. approx 4-5miles from the college-less than 10min drive! Currently occupied by student at DKIT also. pm me for more details

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭Miike

Anyone looking for +1 to move in with them? 22 Year old, quiet guy. Looking ideally to live somewhere with mature enough people, not really looking for a 24/7 party.

Any advice or anything I'd appreciate :)

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭Sinny2

Going to be in dundalk in september. Never been but looking for somewhere thats not going to be 24/7 parties. 1st yr nursing student but mature 22 year old

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭Gaw_

Jaysus it's tough trying to find accommodation as a new first year. They released a list but all of the places I've called are gone already. Don't think I'd even find an ensuite at this stage. Devastated :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭Miike

Gaw_ wrote: »
    Jaysus it's tough trying to find accommodation as a new first year. They released a list but all of the places I've called are gone already. Don't think I'd even find an ensuite at this stage. Devastated :(

I'd to pass up on the opportunity primarily due to accom. I hope you find something :)

Really? :o im freaking out now i havent anything sorted yet!

PM me if anyone has a place in Dundalk; ideally close to DKIT :)

PM me if anyone has a place in Dundalk; ideally close to DKIT :)
    i can giv you a number if you want for someone that has 3 houses right across from dundalk i.t for rent to students :)

Sinny2 wrote: »
    i can giv you a number if you want for someone that has 3 houses right across from dundalk i.t for rent to students :)

Aye, that'd be great. Please PM it to me, along with any other info you have <3

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭BahSheep

21 year old girl, moving to Dundalk from kilkenny for college in September.. Mature and respectable working in fraud for a bank the last year but also easy going and good craic, looking to house share with people who aren't looking for a 24/7 house party but are as easy going as myself! :) If anyone has any rooms available or are looking to house share, give a call or text to 0864527154 any time after 5pm. Thanks :)

Really? :o im freaking out now i havent anything sorted yet!

Did you get sorted yet?

Aye, that'd be great. Please PM it to me, along with any other info you have <3

Still rooms available with this guy i think http://touch.daft.ie/sharing/rockfield-manor-dundalk-louth/742578/

BahSheep wrote: »
    Did you get sorted yet?

No im still looking myself too was nearly thinking of heading tomoro!

Did you get sorted yet?

Im 21 nearly 22 myself and dont want the 24/7 house parties... Moving up from wexford :) what course you doing?

Im 21 nearly 22 myself and dont want the 24/7 house parties... Moving up from wexford :) what course you doing?

I'm actually moving to Dundalk because my sister lives there so want to be near to her but going to college in Drogheda doing hairdressing. Then primary school teaching after that. Yourself?

Would anyone on this be interested in house sharing? I'm heading up on the 23rd to view a few places then.

I'm actually moving to Dundalk because my sister lives there so want to be near to her but going to college in Drogheda doing hairdressing. Then primary school teaching after that. Yourself?

Would anyone on this be interested in house sharing? I'm heading up on the 23rd to view a few places then.

Ah thats cool :) i will be defo going up either tomorrow or tuesday and i will let you know how it goes and should have a good idea of whats available. Theres a few places on daft.ie :)

oh and up in dkit for nursing :)

Ah thats cool :) i will be defo going up either tomorrow or tuesday and i will let you know how it goes and should have a good idea of whats available. Theres a few places on daft.ie :)

Do, let me know if you find anything or what looks good. Yeah I had a look I was emailing a few people but nothing's set in stone yet to view. :) thanks

• Advertisement

Do, let me know if you find anything or what looks good. Yeah I had a look I was emailing a few people but nothing's set in stone yet to view. :) thanks

I sure will :) hopefully i will find something decent.. I jus wana try get up before it gets crazy busy with lc students. What is your budget for rent if you dont mind me askin :)

Advertisement