Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aldi free delivery on €25+

• 14-01-2021 3:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 22,880 ✭✭✭✭

Aldi offering free grocery delivery on €25+ until 11/02
    https://www.aldi.ie/deliveroo

8ee1wTs.png

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,880 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Forgot that the Aldi Deliveroo prices are about 12%-20% higher than instore :(

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

zell12 wrote: »
    Forgot that the Aldi Deliveroo prices are about 12%-20% higher than instore :(

Really? F that !

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭StonedRaider

vicwatson wrote: »
    Really? F that !

You think they're doing it out of goodness of their hearts?
    Both deliveroo and Aldi want a slice of the action

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭ElKavo

Deliveroo charge restaurants up to 30% of the order value. Them and the other aggregators I.E. Just eat are killing the restaurant sector. I avoid them like the plague and either order on restaurants own websites or by phone. I can bet that all of that extra percentage is going to Deliveroo.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

You think they're doing it out of goodness of their hearts?
    Both deliveroo and Aldi want a slice of the action

Charge aldi

• Advertisement

Aldi probably just using Deliveroo as a cheap way to test the market for delivery. If there's demand they'll probably provide their own solution.

We got delivery of a small shop last week when unable to get to the shops. Was delivered in 40mins, well worth it, great service. Limited range of products available online though.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭mburke

Are all items on Deliveroo for Aldi more expensive than in store and is there a set mark up ?

mburke wrote: »
    Are all items on Deliveroo for Aldi more expensive than in store and is there a set mark up ?
    Yes
    12%+ mark-up

• Registered Users Posts: 10,610 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

ElKavo wrote: »
    Deliveroo charge restaurants up to 30% of the order value. Them and the other aggregators I.E. Just eat are killing the restaurant sector. I avoid them like the plague and either order on restaurants own websites or by phone. I can bet that all of that extra percentage is going to Deliveroo.

Yep as you say, same for Just Eat.
    Most people that I know, didn't know that ordering direct on the Just Eat website is dearer than ordering direct from the restaurant and there's a sneaky admin
    fee on some orders as well.
    My local restaurant I use for takeaways told me they would give me a 20% discount ordering direct from them but I would have to collect it myself.

okidoki987 wrote: »
    My local restaurant I use for takeaways told me they would give me a 20% discount ordering direct from them but I would have to collect it myself.

I also found that Ubers are 100% cheaper if you walk instead.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭thenightman

Dunnes on Buyme markup is 5% which is the lowest of themselves, Tesco (15%) & Lid (13%) on Buyme and Aldi on Deliveroo. I can never get a delivery slot for Tesco or Supervalu normal delivery. I try to avoid supermarkets at all costs now due to them being like a playground on weekends with maskless kids tearing around stores unsupervised, only time when I'm able to shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,106 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

Dunnes on Buyme markup is 5% which is the lowest of themselves, Tesco (15%) & Lid (13%) on Buyme and Aldi on Deliveroo. I can never get a delivery slot for Tesco or Supervalu normal delivery. I try to avoid supermarkets at all costs now due to them being like a playground on weekends with maskless kids tearing around stores unsupervised, only time when I'm able to shop.

There used to be a service near us called munchy taxi, they basically charged the same as the shops and takeaways but slapped a €5 for delivery

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭migrant

Surely the mods should changed the title of this thread, At the very least it's grossly misleading.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭Murt10

Ok. Sorry lads if this is not directly related to the topic, but it is relevant.

I just happened on the Aldi German site. It appears that they are doing their Thursday specials there online. Wonder how far it is away here.

Not sure if we have Aldi north or Aldi South here in Irl., but anyway here's their offerings for 28 Jan

https://www.aldi-nord.de/aldi-liefert/#Online%20ab%20Do.%2028.01.

Murt10 wrote: »
    Ok. Sorry lads if this is not directly related to the topic, but it is relevant. ....
    Not relevant tbh
    www.aldi.co.uk have done the same for years

Advertisement