Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Amazon £5 off £25 selected accounts

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭Ohmeha

Ohmeha wrote: »
    I got the GBP 5.00 discount this week on a purchase for GBP 29.63 (free postage worth GBP 4.00 above GBP 25.00)

So Amazon have deducted the postage cost GBP 4.00 and the GBP 5.00 discount and added GBP 4.06 for Import Feeds Deposit for Grand Total price of GBP 24.69 so that GBP 4.06 should cover both our VAT and Customs
    Amazon have now cancelled my above order stating the below. Anyone have ideas whats going on? Anything due to the discount and customs? All 3 products Blu Rays and book still in stock and for sale

Undeliverable
    Unfortunately, a problem occurred during shipping and we had to cancel your delivery. The package is being returned, and we will issue a refund within 5 - 7 business days after the return is processed. We’re very sorry for the inconvenience.

Ohmeha wrote: »
    Amazon have now cancelled my above order stating the below. Anyone have ideas whats going on? Anything due to the discount and customs? All 3 products Blu Rays and book still in stock and for sale

Undeliverable
    Unfortunately, a problem occurred during shipping and we had to cancel your delivery. The package is being returned, and we will issue a refund within 5 - 7 business days after the return is processed. We’re very sorry for the inconvenience.

I got that on a couple of orders last year (including one that dispatched from France) so you may just be unlucky.

Each item I reordered it and the order went through fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭irishguy19772

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B0058XQ5TE/ref=ox_sc_act_image_1?smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&psc=1

Any idea what I would pay on Irish vat for this?

Was quoted 280 in shop earlier and have a 5 off Amazon voucher to use as well.

Thanks for any advise

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭RCSATELLITES

The 1% of €50 is incorrect. There is a min charge, I have seen it quoted as 3.50 but also as 10 euro. I am not sure which one an post charges

All other couriers (DPD, UPS, DHL, TNT) are 10 euro min admin charge[/quote]

Thanks, the €3.50 admin charge is when you use addresspal. I used them and that is the charge.

"A fee of 1% of the value of the packet or parcel, with a maximum charge of €10, is charged by An Post for customs clearance of parcels imported from countries outside the EU. This fee is in addition to any duty or VAT payable"

This is taken from the an post website right now.

Maybe they forgot how to write English when the uk left.

But I read that as 1% and max €10.

I don't make things up just go by the info on the website.

Also as Amazon uses An Post and i bought somwthing over €30 and amazon worked out the customs charge which would include an post admin charge to be £4.69 then they must not charge a minimum.

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭RCSATELLITES

Some useful info for people. Taken from moneyguideireland.com

Admin Charges if You Have to Pay VAT or Duty on Delivery.
    An Post says they charge 1% of the value of the parcel, with a maximum charge of €10. (Used to be minimum of €10 but was altered on Jan 11th). But – it looks like they are charging a flat €3.50 per package.

FEDEX – Charge 2.5% of the Taxes and Duties . Min €15.

DHL Express – Charge 2.5% of the Taxes and Duties . Min €14.50.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭fabricator

Has anybody got this discount purchasing kindle books?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭Ohmeha

I got that on a couple of orders last year (including one that dispatched from France) so you may just be unlucky.

Each item I reordered it and the order went through fine.
    Turned out in the end my parcel was 'damaged' first time that has happened in about 15 years ordering from Amazon

Advertisement