Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Booze deals [Megathread #2]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭you2008

Yellow Dog wrote: »
    New Dunnes leaflet with offers from December 9th

25% off 6 bottles of wine and slab offers.

https://www.dunnesstores.com/c/fresh-food/grocery/weekly-leaflet

delighted did not go with the 5% off 6 bottles of wine and slab offers.:D

let c €10.00 each, 12*10*0.75=€90 & less my €25 off €100 voucher. (90-25)/12= €5.4 per wine

• Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭FLOOPER

you2008 wrote: »
    delighted did not go with the 5% off 6 bottles of wine and slab offers.:D

let c €10.00 each, 12*10*0.75=€90 & less my €25 off €100 voucher. (90-25)/12= €5.4 per wine

No mention of 25% 0ff slabs in brochure.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,793 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

FLOOPER wrote: »
    No mention of 25% 0ff slabs in brochure.

I think it's 25% off 6 bottles wine (comma) and slab offers.
    The wine offer starts Thursday 10th December.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,909 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

must pick up 25 or 30 bottles of whiskey to give out for the Christmas , probably Jameson , where would the best place at the moment to pick up these

• Registered Users Posts: 15,823 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

2smiggy wrote: »
    must pick up 25 or 30 bottles of whiskey to give out for the Christmas , probably Jameson , where would the best place at the moment to pick up these

dunnes

5 bottles of jemmy for €100, less vouchers works out at €80 or €16 each.
    do this between thurs to saturday and not only will you get the usual 10 off 50 vouchers back, but you will get extra vouchers of 5 off 20. 1 per transaction. this can be spent the following sun-wed so then your jemmy works out at 15 bucks :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭stdidit

With all these offers, my cupboard would be as good a place as any

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭bronkobilly

two trays of guinness 24 in each tray 35 euro for two end today in tesco's

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭prodsc

Some places have customer quotas on offers...you may have to make multiple visits.

two trays of guinness 24 in each tray 35 euro for two end today in tesco's

The proper 500ml cans with the widgets ??

• Registered Users Posts: 916 ✭✭✭Unknownability

No, they are available in carry out or Centra ending today. Both 24 for €25, centra is two 12's.

• Advertisement

No, they are available in carry out or Centra ending today. Both 24 for €25, centra is two 12's.

Told my cousin to pick them up only if they were the proper ones in Tesco, but came back with two slabs of the 470ml ones with the 'fixed' widget. Are they much worse than the ones with the floating widget ? I will plough through them like a good soldier none the less

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

Told my cousin to pick them up only if they were the proper ones in Tesco, but came back with two slabs of the 470ml ones with the 'fixed' widget. Are they much worse than the ones with the floating widget ? I will plough through them like a good soldier none the less

turn the can upside down once or twice before pouring it into the glass and you should be grand:D and never send your cousin shopping again

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭bronkobilly

no 470ml cans

• Registered Users Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭.E_C_K_S.

Hi guys,

Has anyone seen Michelob Ultra for sale in Ireland? Have visitors coming and they asked for it 🙄

Thanks!

Edit: Apologies should of stated I was in the south!

• Registered Users Posts: 81,076 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

.E_C_K_S. wrote: »
    Hi guys,

Has anyone seen Michelob Ultra for sale in Ireland? Have visitors coming and they asked for it 🙄

Thanks!

Sainsbury's up North usually have it, never seen it on sale in ROI.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,773 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

.E_C_K_S. wrote: »
    Hi guys,

Thanks!

Try Redmond's in Ranelagh.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭headnorth

• Registered Users Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Poor_old_gill

Headnorth, you are a fantastic human being

• Registered Users Posts: 15,823 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Dunnes are brutal.
    I don’t think they have anyone working in marketing....... well maybe a TYO student on work experience

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

I read that in Brendan Rodgers voice. Lol!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭headnorth

Dunnes

Screenshot-20201210-085922.jpg
    Screenshot-20201210-085938.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭go4it

Seve OB wrote: »
    Dunnes are brutal.
    I don’t think they have anyone working in marketing....... well maybe a TYO student on work experience

@offtopic - Boss told them to bring more shoppers to the stores . So they put up a few pics for most wanted products and the ever-green : fantastic low prices - check in store for details ( job done ! )
    If you publish the prices online/leaflet, the bargain hunters won't plan to come to your store if you haven't the lowest prices

Does anyone knows what's the quota on the 20e slabs? plan on using the 25off100 voucher ( 5 slabs )

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭you2008

Headnorth - for booze ok not for covid :D

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭paddyh117

Dunnes are brutal.

On a similar note - Dunnes prices for Whiskey are outrageous - could't get over the lack of value there. ended up leaving with nothing. By contrast....
    • Greenspot is €50 in o'Briens
    • Writers Tears is €40 in CWS
    • Tullamore DEW 14yo is €65 in CWS
    • Bushmills 10yo is €30 in Tesco

For anything above the "standard" €20 Jameson/Powers etc it's always worth checking around - there's always specials somewhere

• Registered Users Posts: 4,673 ✭✭✭ablelocks

paddyh117 wrote: »
    • Greenspot is €50 in o'Briens

andthankyouverymuch for that....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

ablelocks wrote: »
    andthankyouverymuch for that....

MStep it up a few quid to yellow spot on sale at €69 if ya can and get a far superior whiskey.

Alternatively look at Powers Three Swallow at €30 for a fantastic value alternative. Also in O’Briens.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭ITT-Pat

headnorth wrote: »

Does anyone know when these Aldi offers begin and end?

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭flintash

Dunnes are brutal.

am i missing something here?! four bottles of Hennessey for 80 moneys is bad?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭youngblood

ITT-Pat wrote: »
    Does anyone know when these Aldi offers begin and end?

Is there a reason Aldi are not stating prices on Alcohol specials that are coming up? They are saying " see price in store"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,673 ✭✭✭ablelocks

MStep it up a few quid to yellow spot on sale at €69 if ya can and get a far superior whiskey.

Alternatively look at Powers Three Swallow at €30 for a fantastic value alternative. Also in O’Briens.

andthankyouverymuch for that too! yellow spot is nearly 80 in tesco if i rem correctly

Advertisement