Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Lake boats

• 18-11-2020 8:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi all
    I was just wondering what is the best lake boat out there
    Arrow
    DC boat
    Or Sheelin

I know all 3 are good but which is more stable in a big wave.
    I've been out if the game for too long and going back again soon,
    Thanks in advance for the advice.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭Bogwoppit

There has been a thread on this not so long ago, I’m sure you’ll find it if you do a search.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭Lewis_Benson

Of the 3 you mentioned, I wohld be looking at DC boats.

Odd post this, the guy hasn’t been back on since he opened the thread and this was the only post he’s ever made.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Biker916

Of the 3 you mentioned, I wohld be looking at DC boats.

That's what I was thinking myself but was looking for advice from people who may have seen all 3 in action

• Advertisement

Bogwoppit wrote: »
    Odd post this, the guy hasn’t been back on since he opened the thread and this was the only post he’s ever made.

Sadly with work I dont always get a chance to log in as often as I'd like and check the responses. My computer days are Saturday and Sunday . Hooe that clears things up a little for you.

Biker916 wrote: »
    That's what I was thinking myself but was looking for advice from people who may have seen all 3 in action

Depends on your situation.
    What type of fishing will you be doing?
    What size engine do you intend on clamping to it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭twin_beacon

as far as I'm aware, DC boats are based off the same hull as the Lynch boats, I think he bought the mold off him. Some of the open DC bloats look fantastic, I was never a fan of the lake boats with the all the timber seats. I have one myself at the moment, and its a pain when it comes to pike fishing. But then again, they are designed for the fly angler.

as far as I'm aware, DC boats are based off the same hull as the Lynch boats, I think he bought the mold off him. Some of the open DC bloats look fantastic, I was never a fan of the lake boats with the all the timber seats. I have one myself at the moment, and its a pain when it comes to pike fishing. But then again, they are designed for the fly angler.

Yep he bought the mold from Niall Lynch.
    I am the same as you, next boat will be a fast fisher type.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭Gorteen

19ft Anglers Fancy would be my choice

• Advertisement

Depends on your situation.
    What type of fishing will you be doing?
    What size engine do you intend on clamping to it?

It'll mainly be trolling and fly fishing with a 9.9 engine

Then either the sheelin or Burke boats, not designed for speed.

Advertisement