Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getflix.com smart DNS lifetime subscription $29

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,519 ✭✭✭savemejebus

For anyone that has successfully used this in a fire stick, did ye do so through the router or via the network settings of the fire stick?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,726 ✭✭✭degsie

For anyone that has successfully used this in a fire stick, did ye do so through the router or via the network settings of the fire stick?

On router

• Registered Users Posts: 4,519 ✭✭✭savemejebus

degsie wrote: »
    On router

Cheers for that, signed up for the free trial and tested it on the stick itself and so far it works great.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭damo86

Work great for me, thanks for the headsup OP.

Quick one, I have a panasonic TV (50dx802b), I've search everywhere but I cannot find the amazon video app? Anyone with the same issue?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Ok, have bought and want to use on Huawei B593-12, cant seem to get working, any idea's?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭Chieftain

How would you set it up on a Smart TV??? Do you use an app or is it by changing the network settings???

• Registered Users Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

Chieftain wrote: »
    How would you set it up on a Smart TV??? Do you use an app or is it by changing the network settings???

By manually changing the network settings. Under IP settings you should see something related to DNS which will default to automatic and you just need to change that manually.

If you post your TV model it will be easier to give you specific instructions

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭BluesWeeper

How good is Getflix smart dns? like is it secure? am thinking of signing up and am on a trial .

There's a 40 percent discount on 1 yr sub atm. Not a lifetime sub like mentioned above though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭stanley1

great service, if you wait a while there will be lifetime subs, if not go with offer, no issues for me in 3 years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

How good is Getflix smart dns? like is it secure? am thinking of signing up and am on a trial .

There's a 40 percent discount on 1 yr sub atm. Not a lifetime sub like mentioned above though

I signed up for lifetime service last night, it is still available

• Advertisement

Where did you find that? I didnt see it on their web site is it with a promo code?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,015 ✭✭✭✭adox

Where did you find that? I didnt see it on their web site is it with a promo code?

First page of this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭Pinkman

To those saying it works great, are you able to use Netflix US? I got stung with renewing a year sub with Unotelly a month before Netflix clamped down on it and it was a complete waste of money.

adox wrote: »
    First page of this thread.

Thanks, didn't know this offer was still active, it was posted in end of Nov and had said expires in 4 days. Looked at link just now and sure enough its still there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,697 ✭✭✭MaceFace

Pinkman wrote: »
    To those saying it works great, are you able to use Netflix US? I got stung with renewing a year sub with Unotelly a month before Netflix clamped down on it and it was a complete waste of money.

Yep. I got stung as well but this works good. I have some problems with a Sony tv and sometimes things don't play but can't complain for the price

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,119 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I'm on the free trial at the moment and US netflix works but it is temperamental. For example earlier herself wanted to watch season 3 of Penny Dreadful but only season 1 and 2 would work. This evening she watched an episode of another show fine but the following episode wouldn't work.

Working flawlessly for amazon prime and bbc iplayer though.

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭Pocaide

What is the promo code?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,726 ✭✭✭degsie

Pocaide wrote: »
    What is the promo code?

'READFIRSTPOST' ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

Mickeroo wrote: »
    I'm on the free trial at the moment and US netflix works but it is temperamental. For example earlier herself wanted to watch season 3 of Penny Dreadful but only season 1 and 2 would work. This evening she watched an episode of another show fine but the following episode wouldn't work.

Working flawlessly for amazon prime and bbc iplayer though.

I must get on to you in a couple of days and see is it worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭Pinkman

Cheers, just signed up. I can't find where to set up my Samsung smart tv though. I only use Netflix on those and there were always clear instructions on them for tvs on unotelly and unblockus. Do i just change the router settings?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,015 ✭✭✭✭adox

Cheers, just signed up. I can't find where to set up my Samsung smart tv though. I only use Netflix on those and there were always clear instructions on them for tvs on unotelly and unblockus. Do i just change the router settings?

Don't have a Samsung but if you used it with the other providers then it's the same procedure, just use Getflix DNS setting.

I'm sure it will be under the network settings on your tv.

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭Irish Kev

just bit the bullet, used NEWYEAR17 for an additional 17% off so was down to $24.02

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Did you find out where to change it? I had mine on my router but seems easier to set up the TV.

Irish Kev wrote: »
    just bit the bullet, used NEWYEAR17 for an additional 17% off so was down to $24.02

Hi Irish Kev, was that for a lifetime sub?

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭Irish Kev

Hi Irish Kev, was that for a lifetime sub?

It was,Subscription Expiry Jan 15, 2047

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭t-hairy

Signed up for the lifetime sub but I reckon I could spend that lifetime trying to get it to work. Netflix is a proxy error fest, Prime Video is still convinced my holiday in Ireland will be over any day now.

Tried via DNS and VPN on Android, Windows 10, Smart TV and PS4 and nothing works. I have to say, while I'm not 100% au fait with this, I've successfully used services like this before and the Getflix site and Knowledge Base is a needlessly confused and confusing clusterfrap.

Nevertheless, thank to the OP for a good BA. If only I could get it to work!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

t-hairy wrote: »
    Signed up for the lifetime sub but I reckon I could spend that lifetime trying to get it to work. Netflix is a proxy error fest, Prime Video is still convinced my holiday in Ireland will be over any day now.

Tried via DNS and VPN on Android, Windows 10, Smart TV and PS4 and nothing works. I have to say, while I'm not 100% au fait with this, I've successfully used services like this before and the Getflix site and Knowledge Base is a needlessly confused and confusing clusterfrap.

Nevertheless, thank to the OP for a good BA. If only I could get it to work!

Signed up a few days ago and its working great. Mostly wanted it for UK and US DNS for iplayer, 4od, itv player, NBC, abc, fox, etc. If netflix works at all it's a bonus and to my surprise i have been able to stream US netflix without a problem so far.

Have also been able to view UK amazon prime library.

This has all been done by manually putting in the DNS settings on my samsung j series smart tv.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭cronos

Irish Kev wrote: »
    It was,Subscription Expiry Jan 15, 2047

I'm not sure I'm comfortable with them knowing the date I die!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Mines not working.
    I'm using Amazon movies and put the UK global IP into a static DNS on the eir f2000.
    Has anyone any ideas?

• Advertisement

Mines not working.
    I'm using Amazon movies and put the UK global IP into a static DNS on the eir f2000.
    Has anyone any ideas?

Just one thing, make sure you refresh your ip address

Advertisement