Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Which mobile network are you on?

• 16-01-2021 2:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,753 ✭✭✭

Years ago we used have very little choice, now we have 11 networks to choose from. Just curious what is boards most popular network?

What mobile network are you on? 57 votes

Vodafone
    0%
    Three
    21%
    floyd333icomselfbuilder1christy cQuacksterCVBphysiomanMeath08GIMPinna981Jimbo789Nothing surprises me now 12 votes
    Eir
    17%
    ED ELan Didonkey ballsQuacksterFrench ToasteditorseanGolfVIKildarePlucaluxweeb 10 votes
    3%
    BRYAN Is Ainm Dombabelfish1990 2 votes
    Post Mobile
    17%
    numorounomickzerQuacksternot1but4physiomanDopeTechglen123jdon72briancannon18Zebrag 10 votes
    Blueface
    5%
    TheDriverdmc17physioman 3 votes
    Clear Mobile
    0%
    Gomo
    1%
    BlueSkys102 1 vote
    Lyca Mobile
    26%
    The Real B-man[Deleted User]BowWowciano1stanley1Dayo93ED EThe GardenerIndestructablestampydmonkeyearthwormjackHello 2D Person BelowpaskaPkdbmwGooey Looey 15 votes
    Tesco Mobile
    0%
    Virgin Mobile
    7%
    Shibby89Red FredJeremiah JoblingMimon 4 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,512 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Vodafone.

There is only three real networks with all the rest been networks that use them three networks infrastructure. V.M.Ns I think is what they are called.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,753 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Post Mobile
    AMKC wrote: »
    Vodafone.

There us only three real networks with all the rest been networks that use them three networks infrastructure. V.M.Ns I think is what they are called.

MNVOs or Mobile network virtual operators. Yes only 3 networks with others piggybacking off them but I just thought it would be interesting to see what the breakdown looks like.

For clarity if people didn't already know there are only 3 mobile networks in ireland they are Vodafone, which post mobile and now clear mobile piggy back on, Eir which Gomo piggyback on and the rest piggyback on the 3 network.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

Multi votes per user could skew the results

Post Mobile
    Ten Pin wrote: »
    Multi votes per user could skew the results
    I left that on in case any have 2 sims. Since the voters aren't anonymous it shouldn't be an issue. If anyone claims to be on all them or something then we should be able to spot it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭Mimon

Virgin Mobile
    Tesco. Have free phone use as I have an old deal with unlimited everything for 15 euro PM. I convert 5 euros of clubcard vouchers into the 15 credit. Use any surplus credit to enter RTE competitions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

I left that on in case any have 2 sims. Since the voters aren't anonymous it shouldn't be an issue. If anyone claims to be on all them or something then we should be able to spot it.

That's fair enough but if someone is on a slow connection and unknowingly hits the vote button repeatedly while waiting for page to submit, it's going to accept each vote multiple times when only one vote was intended.

Post Mobile
    Ten Pin wrote: »
    That's fair enough but if someone is on a slow connection and unknowingly hits the vote button repeatedly while waiting for page to submit, it's going to accept each vote multiple times when only one vote was intended.

I don't think I can change the poll now. Hopefully that doesn't happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,163 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Lyca Mobile
    DopeTech wrote: »
    Years ago we used have very little choice, now we have 11 networks to choose from. Just curious what is boards most popular network?

Unless boards is very very weird compared to joe public (maybe), then most will be Three and their MVNOs. While we have three networks one of them is is decimating the other two.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭briancannon18

Post Mobile
    ED E wrote: »
    Unless boards is very very weird compared to joe public (maybe), then most will be Three and their MVNOs. While we have three networks one of them is is decimating the other two.

Bound to happen when so many mvno use three,

Advertisement