Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

New bps digital maps meath area.

• 14-02-2020 9:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 44

Got a letter from dept we are losing .43 ha eligible land due to new digital map. Haven't a clue how we are losing so much. It's a small farm and every cent counts. Have to wait til bps pack comes out to see the new map. It's a pain, anyone else in the same boat?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭Lime Tree Farm

the Agfood.ie website "Geographic Information System" used be visible in the past.

The Dept. chopped a little off us in the past, Teagasc rectified the maps, and the amount was refunded. Then the Dept, chopped of the same little bit off again in later years, it was not worth getting into a hassle with them. It was to do with a straight line boundary, which for some reason they see as a staggered boundary.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭ruwithme

Got a letter from dept we are losing .43 ha eligible land due to new digital map. Haven't a clue how we are losing so much. It's a small farm and every cent counts. Have to wait til bps pack comes out to see the new map. It's a pain, anyone else in the same boat?

three counties included in this new digital mapping for 2020 bps . think louth had it trialled last year.
    read something about it causing plenty of bother for some.
    i,m in one of the counties included for this year and got letter earlier about gaining on some parcels and down on others.
    what it all means i don't know. sounds to me like splitting hairs and penny pinching from department of agriculture.
    upstarts somewhere having a say on something i think was working fine. more so called modern day horse manure.

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭mickuhaha

As far as I know the digital map will automatically exclude area's covered by the crown of a tree along boundaries . Do you have alot of trees over hanging ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭Lime Tree Farm

mickuhaha wrote: »
    As far as I know the digital map will automatically exclude area's covered by the crown of a tree along boundaries . Do you have alot of trees over hanging ?

I looked it up on Google maps just now, one large sycamore and and one mature whitethorn. It's not worth bringing to their attention again.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,057 ✭✭✭bogman_bass

mickuhaha wrote: »

I think that’s what’s happening in my case. If so not very conducive to the green agenda

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭mickuhaha

I think that’s what’s happening in my case. If so not very conducive to the green agenda

I would say more of a fault with the digital mapping system.

Advertisement