Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Moved HKC Remote Keypad, now dead

Options
  • 09-02-2020 7:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭

Hi

I had to move the remote keypad, when I was disconnecting the four wires, all fine.

I may have touched wires off one another

Reconnected the four

Now its completely dead, no lights on key pad

Any ideas please?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭gabbo is coming

With photo

• Registered Users Posts: 16 darraghwex

Hi There is a fuse in the pannell, that has gone as you shorted the wires, you will have to replace the fuse,its a small glass fuse,

darraghwex wrote: »
    Hi There is a fuse in the pannell, that has gone as you shorted the wires, you will have to replace the fuse,its a small glass fuse,

Hi

I thought it was that, so swapped it (fourth one down) with the next bell, nothing

Plus the fuse metal core is intact....

• Registered Users Posts: 16 darraghwex

Ok, when you say you moved the key pad,did you just remove it from the wall and then refit it, i am just asking to see if you moved the key pad and cable, you might have pinch the cable with a screw in the wall, you will have to check the cable,form key pad to pannell,
    also did you have a way to check the fuses ?

darraghwex wrote: »
    Ok, when you say you moved the key pad,did you just remove it from the wall and then refit it, i am just asking to see if you moved the key pad and cable, you might have pinch the cable with a screw in the wall, you will have to check the cable,form key pad to pannell,
    also did you have a way to check the fuses ?

Hi

Yes just moved it on the wall

Must be a fuse, will recheck it
    Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,640 ✭✭✭✭altor

Hi

Yes just moved it on the wall

Must be a fuse, will recheck it
    Thanks

If you did cross the cables it would of blown the fuse.
    Failing this try connecting keypad on another cable close to control panel and see if it powers up.

altor wrote: »
    If you did cross the cables it would of blown the fuse.
    Failing this try connecting keypad on another cable close to control panel and see if it powers up.

Thanks to all who helped. Alarm back in action. It was a blown fuse

One last question, the alarm ext bell doesn't ring, but the led works. However if I remove fuse 4, it goes off - so it does work. Any ideas?

Thanks to all who helped. Alarm back in action. It was a blown fuse

One last question, the alarm ext bell doesn't ring, but the led works. However if I remove fuse 4, it goes off - so it does work. Any ideas?

If you activate a panic on the keypad, star and hash together, does the external bell ring?

altor wrote: »
    If you activate a panic on the keypad, star and hash together, does the external bell ring?

Not a dickie bird

Not a dickie bird

Have you checked external bell fuse?
    If you have a meter does the voltage change on the external bell output once activated, same in the bell if you have access?

• Advertisement
Advertisement