Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Adding shock to a contact sensor

Options
  • 04-02-2020 7:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭

I have a couple of hkc rf-c sensors but would prefer to have shock sensors aswell. Can i buy the piece for the shock sensing and add it to the rf-c to make it a shock / contact sensor or whats the best way to do it.
    Also with a big bay window with 2 openings both sides small on top and big on bottom would i need to use a couple of sensors?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,640 ✭✭✭✭altor

eoin.d wrote: »
    I have a couple of hkc rf-c sensors but would prefer to have shock sensors aswell. Can i buy the piece for the shock sensing and add it to the rf-c to make it a shock / contact sensor or whats the best way to do it.
    Also with a big bay window with 2 openings both sides small on top and big on bottom would i need to use a couple of sensors?
    Thanks

You can buy the heads but the cradle that holds them in place I havent seen as a part you can buy.
    Alternately you could buy a HKC standard shock sensor, cut away the lead with the head and connect into the sensor, cradle would be in new wired sensor.

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭eoin.d

altor wrote: »
    You can buy the heads but the cradle that holds them in place I havent seen as a part you can buy.
    Alternately you could buy a HKC standard shock sensor, cut away the lead with the head and connect into the sensor, cradle would be in new wired sensor.

So would i just need to get a wired shock sensor

• Registered Users Posts: 11,640 ✭✭✭✭altor

eoin.d wrote: »
    So would i just need to get a wired shock sensor

Yes, if you buy the standard shock sensor that will have the head and the cradle.

Advertisement