Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Ryanair scratch cards

• 21-10-2019 9:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,741 ✭✭✭

I purchased some scratchcards today on a Ryanair flight.

A few of them 'won' me entry into the €1m price draw.
    You go to a website and type your name and address etc. in and they will contact you if you get further I guess.

I had 4 cards with the "yes" to the draw - so i typed the same information in 4 times. But there is no ticket number or anything - they just say hold onto your ticket for verification.

So I am wondering, is there any point in typing in your name 4 times for 4 tickets, or could you type it in 50 times and increase your chances - albeit with 4 tickets. Just trying to figure this out!

ps. says "only enter once per winning scratch card".. But i am still thinking how can they validate this.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Umaro

Ryanair scratchcards are one of the all-time great scams.
    The Ryanair charity scratch cards, which are sold on flights for €2, have been at the centre of controversy before. The scratch cards give entrants a chance to enter an annual draw with a jackpot of €1 million.

But the annual winner selected from the draw does not automatically take home the €1 million jackpot, instead they have to pick one envelope out of 125. Only one of these envelopes has the €1 million prize, others have lower prizes which range down to €50,000. The 2016 scratch card draw winner was from the United Kingdom, and won €50,000.

A spokesman for Ryanair said the €1 million jackpot has never been won, but that the scratch cards include other prizes outside of the annual draw, such as “thousands of cash prizes (up to €5,000) and free cars (at least 1 per month)” he said.

Source

By the sounds of it you would just need to hold on to 1 ticket, in the unlikely event you get called they might ask for proof.

Advertisement