Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Hive Blockchain Technologies Limited

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,090 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Warrants up 700% since opening, think we missed a trick there. https://web.tmxmoney.com/quote.php?qm_symbol=hive.wt

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭dickface

i hope none of you bought any when the usual suspects were shilling this the past few months

It's still a buy depending on your outlook for blockchain/crypto, mining is still very profitable right now even with all the negativity in the market.
    Bitcoin can still fall a good bit more and we'll still be fine.

Good quick read on the outlook for crypto http://news.morningstar.com/all/market-watch/TDJNMW20180315564/update-if-this-chart-is-correct-it-puts-the-price-of-bitcoin-at-91000-by-2020.aspx

The warrants could be a like winning the lotto in November 2019 if the dropped a few cent.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,260 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

66% fall since start of year

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

For any other stock that would probably be a sell-signal indicating you've already lost your shirt.

For something intertwined with the perception of crypto's value (when it probably shouldn't be) it's a cute little dip.

• Advertisement

RoboKlopp wrote: »
    66% fall since start of year

3000% Rise last year.
    Warrants finished up 200% toady
    60% is but a blip

• Registered Users Posts: 5,353 ✭✭✭roosterman71

Can someone explain what these warrants are?

Can someone explain what these warrants are?

It’s an option to buy a share by November 2019 for $3.90

• Registered Users Posts: 1,108 ✭✭✭TheSheriff

Feeling the squeeze on this the last two weeks !

Hoping it starts to turn around at some point.

That said, I fully know this stock is a gamble, so prepared to see where it goes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭q85dw7osi4lebg

Said I wouldn't buy more however I can't help but feel it's a bargain right now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭dickface

Actually a 77% loss from its November peak

Said I wouldn't buy more however I can't help but feel it's a bargain right now.

I’m thinking the warrants are a bargain, they’ll be a few months off processing Visa level transactions.

Did you jump in? good recap of the week in crypto here small mention for hive https://ceo.ca/@bto/lift-a-pint-with-crypto-wars-issue-no-17

Did you jump in? good recap of the week in crypto here small mention for hive https://ceo.ca/@bto/lift-a-pint-with-crypto-wars-issue-no-17

Funds didn't land in time! Good day all the same. Will have a read.

I’ve put in a request to get the warrants listed on Degiro. I’m wondering will the amount being released over the next while drive the warrant price down while Hive is sitting still. Wouldn’t mind taking at bet on 5000@.05 cent.

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭Captainsatnav

I’ve put in a request to get the warrants listed on Degiro. I’m wondering will the amount being released over the next while drive the warrant price down while Hive is sitting still. Wouldn’t mind taking at bet on 5000@.05 cent.

Any views on where this share price is going? Way down on where I bought in at but did so based on anticipated huge jump after end February earnings report...

In the same boat, short term it's as volatile as the bitcoin, 3+ in may I reckon as it will have a positive p/e, ROCE was 36% in first full quarter, which is excellent for a start up, it's cash flow positive so money to spend on other blockchain opportunities, The warrant price suggest 4.14 dollars by November 19 I don't see it taking that long unless were in for an 18mt recession in blockchain/crypto/, I think it'll only accelerate not retreat every qtr from here on in, dilution is nearly all passed.
    Hive at 5 anytime this year would make those warrants look very cheap.

Keep goin..

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭h0neybadger

Where are ye buying

• Advertisement

Where are ye buying

On the dips.

This is some rollercoaster

This is some rollercoaster

Makes the bitcoin look stable.

The BLOK ETF was loading the boat this week, close to 4.5million shares now, few banks were buying in as well. Can only be a good sign hopefully.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭BonesJones1

Would Hive be possibly the safest investment in the crypto market ? I’ve had an interest in crypto currency for a while now but don’t want to dive in at the deep end.

Would Hive be possibly the safest investment in the crypto market ? I’ve had an interest in crypto currency for a while now but don’t want to dive in at the deep end.

It's not a crypto currency. It develops mining / blockchain technology. One application of which is the ledger maintenance of crypto currency holdings. I.e there's more uses for what HIVE does than crypto.

HAving said that I bought in based on tips afforded around these parts in mid Feb but it's lost about 40% in value since. But the experts on here maintain it's a hold as may blow up in near term.

Safe is probably the wrong word your in the venture capital space with this one but looking at the backers like genesis and fidelity 45% ownership between them it can give some confidence it’s not your average start up, it’s highly volatile and has been trending down the last few months, it broke the trend a week ago or so and seemes to be on the way back up, it suffered a lot of dilution through various bought deal financing which hit shareholders hard. That’s 90% passed with the next traunch of shares coming out way over the current share price so isn’t going to cause near term downward pressure unless the share price is above $3.90

This is the deep end if your thinking of diving in but there’s not many others right now, you’ve Hut8 who launched a few weeks ago but their only bitcoin miners and not really in the same space as Hive their share price has taken a hammering over the last few weeks.
    A safe bet is probably any of the companies listed in the Etherum Alliance if you want some exposure to blockchain stocks but there mainly the big ballers like IBM, Microsoft etc. Nvidia would give your some exposure to the mining side with the GPUs but that’s already built into their current price.

Hive is high risk with the potential for high reward. I think the current share price is an excellent entry point but be prepared for wild swings you could be up 10% today and down 30% tomorrow. Its still young with only one qtrs full results out which isn’t near full capacity.

Think a good few of us had very short term goals that didn’t pan out and are now underwater waiting on fresh news and more financials all which are coming just not quick enough for our liking.

The major risk is a sustained crypto price collapse (which is not what’s happening now). Etherum under $300 and Bitcoin under $3500 would be worrying if it went on 6mt+ but the company is well financied and should weather most storms better than others.

There’s not many analysts who’ve covered the stock but the consensus seem to be a price target of around $5.

Right now my own opinion is it’s undervalued. Crypto is down today so will be interesting to see how Hive reacts and can it still maintain the upward momentum of the last few days.

Great news. $2.00 back on the horizon I reckon. Wonder when we will have news about the Swedish centres.

Great news. $2.00 back on the horizon I reckon. Wonder when we will have news about the Swedish centres.

Next phase in Sweden in final testing now i’d hope, New director looks promising. News by apri maybe.
    Norway’s got a lot of potential. 100% renewable. Some of the best running costs. Sounds like a great place for supporting some big ideas on the blockchain.
    Or just bitcoins, loads and loads of bitcoins and hodl then all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,510 ✭✭✭OwlsZat

Markets taking an awful walloping and Hive heading for 0. Etherium worth almost half it's price was at last earnings.

When will the good news start??

Advertisement