Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Marvin Takeaway Codes [No code requests]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭sue97

I can't get into their website - updated as working now

• Registered Users Posts: 13,729 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

So it's an irish just-eat, aside from the discount, there's no good reason to use over just-eat that I can discern? Same prices same carry on just less well established and with a lesser advertising budget. Guess I can hop between the 2 following coupon codes on here, but its hard to see how it will flourish as a site, best of luck to them though being home grown and all!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭myshirt

I tried to order off this and it says it can't find my address. I even tried a generic one. Anyone else encounter this?

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭eqwjewoiujqorj

Inquitus wrote: »
    So it's an irish just-eat, aside from the discount, there's no good reason to use over just-eat that I can discern?

Same prices same carry on just less well established and with a lesser advertising budget.

Guess I can hop between the 2 following coupon codes on here, but its hard to see how it will flourish as a site, best of luck to them though being home grown and all!

Seem to be connected to the Danish site hungry.dk

sVc9B3R.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

Just went for it and 40% worked a treat.

Love the Paypal and Bitcoin options to pay too.

• Advertisement

I don't love the €1.50 charge for using Paypal :pac:
    Just ordered myself also, amazing value. The money off worked against food that was already discounted in the 'Specials' part of the menu. Again, absolutely amazing value. I almost feel guilty for the price I paid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 431 ✭✭NegativeOne

Absolutely stuffed now!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

This is only for Dublin right?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Click the map to add a marker for your address- and then it doesn't load a map........ I give up.

Click the map to add a marker for your address- and then it doesn't load a map........ I give up.

It is a glitch. Put in the takeaway address as your address, then when you get through to the payment screen put your actual address into the special comments box. Worked for me. Got a significant saving.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭yannakis

Ridiculously bad UX but for 40% discount, it's worth the pain :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭brightkane

just got a Large Salt & Chilli Chicken, Chips, Small Fried Rice, Curry Sauce & Prawn Crackers, for 7.70 delivered!
    I like the texting you the confirmation that the order was received and the take away number

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭ibrahimovic

do people tip the delivery man when they pay with card? i give em 2 quid but dunno if thats normal or not

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭eqwjewoiujqorj

do people tip the delivery man when they pay with card? i give em 2 quid but dunno if thats normal or not

How much was the delivery charge.

If you paid 2 euro for delivery, 2 for tip, and .50c for card that's nearly a fiver for delivery.

I only tip if I'm not paying a delivery charge i.e. when I phone in the order, which is what I normally do to avoid delivery and card charges
    and sometimes they give bigger portions as they don't have to pay commission to these companies.

I only use companies juseat / marvin ect when they have a special offer on.
    Some say they are convenient, but when I phone my local they have my number and orders on screen and I just say 'same as last time' and very quickly confirm my address.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

I always tip takeaway delivery drivers- not that I order a lot of them.
    I give a minimum of 2 Euro- or 10%'ish of the order (whichever is higher).
    Easiest way is to have the total rounded up- and tell them to keep the change.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

This is great, getting 24 pieces of sushi for €14.80, the house has gone a bit nuts and we've ordered about €200 worth over the weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭prettyboy81

Happy Days just used the 40% code kebabs & all the trimmings for €13.30!

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭EB_2013

Cheers op, sorted for tonight with the 40% off code :)

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭shamelessidiot

Nope, never do if they're already charging for delivery. I'm a miserable git and clearly have a bad conscience. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭DylanK

Nope, never do if they're already charging for delivery. I'm a miserable git and clearly have a bad conscience. :pac:

god bless you

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭DylanK

I always tip a euro or 2 so the driver would deliver my food first

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭applejunkie

Any codes for today ? The 40% is not working :(

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭luvlyjubbly

The 20% code is working for me WSF20 but maybe as it's my first order

The 20% code is working for me WSF20 but maybe as it's my first order
    Create a new account and it will your first time every time :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,245 ✭✭✭donnacha

Anyone get the code for 40% off in the Irish Sun today?

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭DrJFF

IRISHSUN is 40% off code, for new customers, easy enough to set up a new account and you can use the same card

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

Who the hell pays with bitcoin?

Gebgbegb wrote: »
    Who the hell pays with bitcoin?

is the e-hipsters?

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭dave_t

Justeat.ie is saying some takeaways are open until 1am, 4am etc. but on marvin.ie they all seem to close at 23.59, which is annoying. Can't use the 40% off now :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Moyglish

Is the code IRISHSUN expired?

Just tried using it there and not valid and I'm a new customer too :(

Advertisement