Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

De'Longhi Magnifica Bean to Cup Espresso/Cappuccino Maker £199

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,892 ✭✭✭j4vier

261 gbp now :(

I'm out at that price

• Registered Users Posts: 1,650 ✭✭✭romperstomper

price is 196GBP/ 270EUR

an absolute steal as the quoted rrp is 449GBP

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭padjo5

Sent PM (hope it was received). I'm in at €270, if there's a spot...?

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭shakedown

I'd be keen for this. Had this on my wishlist since it was last on offer and I missed out.

PM me if there is space.

The black version is slightly cheaper: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0036TDF6I/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_awd_k8hAwbCC6M2M8

Although if only one person purchases them, how will it work if one of the other 3 needs to be sent back for repair/replacement?

• Advertisement

shakedown wrote: »
    Although if only one person purchases them, how will it work if one of the other 3 needs to be sent back for repair/replacement?[/quote

amazon will be the best ppl to ask that. having said that, i will have no problem contacting their support on behalf of someone who joins this order

shakedown wrote: »
    I'd be keen for this. Had this on my wishlist since it was last on offer and I missed out.

PM me if there is space.

The black version is slightly cheaper: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0036TDF6I/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_awd_k8hAwbCC6M2M8

all depends what suits your kitchen, its a pity you can't mix'n'match

all depends what suits your kitchen, its a pity you can't mix'n'match

I think you can mix and match - cheapest item is free.

Got your PM thanks, Let me sleep on it and ill decide in the morning. I dont really have anywhere in the kitchen to put it.
    But I do like coffee.

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭Rock Paper Scissors

I'd be interested in this group buy if there are any spots available?

• Registered Users Posts: 21 molzer

I'd be interested too, maybe we can form a second group.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭Ballyv24

This machine is one of Amazon's deals of the day today.

225GBP

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭illdoit2morrow

Has anyone got their machine serviced since purchasing?

Mine is making some louder than usual sounds when making coffee the last while. Also the amount of water seems to be greater on the same settings.

I've descaled regularly so I don't think that's the issue. There appears to be only one place in ROI that service them. Has anyone used Kenilworth electrical for a service or anywhere else?

• Registered Users Posts: 64,548 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Nope. Machine still working as new (after about 2000 coffees made)

Nothing stuck in the grinder? Try setting up the grinding / strength from scratch (I know it took me at least 10 goes to get it right when I bought it)

Might want to check out the price of a whole mechanism, I believe DeLonghi have used the same one for many different machines over many years. Could be cheaper than a service

If it was me, I'd just keep using it until it breaks down and then decide...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,926 ✭✭✭keith_d99

I have used them for a warranty issue ... Not a nice bunch to deal with ... Didn't seem too knowledgeable pretty rude and in the end I sorted the issue myself.

As the above poster has suggested .. Try sort it yourself

Mine is making some louder than usual sounds when making coffee the last while. Also the amount of water seems to be greater on the same settings.

I've descaled regularly so I don't think that's the issue. There appears to be only one place in ROI that service them. Has anyone used Kenilworth electrical for a service or anywhere else?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,119 ✭✭✭T-Maxx

Hardly anything is worth repairing, or can be repaired, nowadays.

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭illdoit2morrow

keith_d99 wrote: »
    I have used them for a warranty issue ... Not a nice bunch to deal with ... Didn't seem too knowledgeable pretty rude and in the end I sorted the issue myself.

As the above poster has suggested .. Try sort it yourself

I did a bit of googling and it sounds like the same 'noise' has happened for other people. A possible solution is to lubricate part of the machine and see how it goes, i hope to give this a go later today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,948 ✭✭✭gizmo555

Has anyone used Kenilworth electrical for a service or anywhere else?
    keith_d99 wrote: »

I've used Kenilworth to have repairs done to my De Longhi machine and I must say my experience was the opposite of Keith's - I found them fine to deal with and they sorted out my problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

• Registered Users Posts: 6,976 ✭✭✭Barr

Hococop wrote: »
    Is there a difference between the silver (4200) and black (4000b) does anyone know?

They look the same apart from the colour.

• Advertisement

Barr wrote: »
    They look the same apart from the colour.

Yeah thinking the same, just weird they have different numbers

• Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

I have the silver one, would recommend it to anyone looking to buy a decent bean to cup machine.

+1 Bought this over 2 years ago and it hasn't missed a beat. Several thousand cups of coffee made.

unkel wrote: »
    +1 Bought this over 2 years ago and it hasn't missed a beat. Several thousand cups of coffee made.

You buy the black or silver one unkel ?

Mine's the silver one. Makes no difference though, they all have the same internal mechanism. Even the €1000 ones :)

unkel wrote: »
    Mine's the silver one. Makes no difference though, they all have the same internal mechanism. Even the €1000 ones :)

Yeah was trying to compare the silver and black one, specs seem the same, black one is a bit smaller other than that they are similar, think I'll bite the bullet and buy it after work :)

Go for it, you won't be sorry! Probably save you a fortune too if you are regularly drinking coffee when you are out :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

I'll second what unkel said. One of the best investments I ever made.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,435 ✭✭✭caviardreams

longshanks wrote: »
    I'll second what unkel said. One of the best investments I ever made.

Thirded! :) 2 years old this month.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭onform

Thirded! :) 2 years old this month.

Fourthed. 2 years plus with no problems. Just do the bit of maintenance as per the manual (Clean the diffuser, descale). And discount coffee is a good source for good value whole coffee beans.

Advertisement