Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

HKC Factory Reset with User Code

• 07-12-2018 3:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20

Hi,

I don't have the engineering code for my HKC alarm, but have the user code to set and unset it.

I want to make some changes to how the alarm is set up, so I'd like to do a factory default/reset to change the engineers code. I intend selecting the 'Reset Codes' option to default the engineering code and user codes, but not resetting all the zones, settings etc.

If I plug out both the battery and mains to do this, I presume the SAAB outside will start ringing. I'd rather not go ahead with this if it means that the SAAB outside will continue to ring all day!! Will it stop when I reconnect the power and enter my user code or do I need to do something else with it to make it stop?

Would appreciate any help with this.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

This option will work providing the system is not engineer locked.
    The bell outside will only ring untill you power back up the alarm & enter your code.

Remover the mains power.
    Remove the battery.
    Remove the factory link marked LK1.
    Power back up the panel (Mains or battery is OK for now)
    If it ask to default see is there an option to scroll down to default codes only? (Not available on all panels)
    Press OK

If there is only one default option this will default everything back to factory settings.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,640 ✭✭✭✭altor

mickthewig wrote: »
    Hi,

I don't have the engineering code for my HKC alarm, but have the user code to set and unset it.

I want to make some changes to how the alarm is set up, so I'd like to do a factory default/reset to change the engineers code. I intend selecting the 'Reset Codes' option to default the engineering code and user codes, but not resetting all the zones, settings etc.

If I plug out both the battery and mains to do this, I presume the SAAB outside will start ringing. I'd rather not go ahead with this if it means that the SAAB outside will continue to ring all day!! Will it stop when I reconnect the power and enter my user code or do I need to do something else with it to make it stop?

Would appreciate any help with this.

What type HKC system have you?

• Registered Users Posts: 20 mickthewig

It's an HKC SW-610, I think. Not sure if it'll give the option to just reset the codes, but I'll try it and if the option isn't there, I won't reset it.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭dauhee

Digging up an old thread here but it covers my scenario. I have an HKC SW 812. It has been engineer code locked and tried the procedure to factory reset (removing LK1 jumper and all that).

My reason for wanting to get into the settings is it comes up with DMC FTC due to me not having a phone line. The fault beep when disarmed is not a problem, but it can't be armed as it will go off if armed when the fault kicks in which could be minutes or days.

Is there anywhere I can find out how to reset it myself either by hooking up to laptop or shorting pins on IC?

I can get it unlocked for about 80Eur but its not about the money, I'm a tinkerer and would like to do it myself, happy to take a risk of bricking.

Second question, might be suited for a separate thread but would there be any way to tap into signals/IO from the board when alarm is raised? I would love to attach an ESP866 wifi chip to do some home automation stuff on it (send alarm to my raspberry pi)

dauhee wrote: »
    Digging up an old thread here but it covers my scenario. I have an HKC SW 812. It has been engineer code locked and tried the procedure to factory reset (removing LK1 jumper and all that).

My reason for wanting to get into the settings is it comes up with DMC FTC due to me not having a phone line. The fault beep when disarmed is not a problem, but it can't be armed as it will go off if armed when the fault kicks in which could be minutes or days.

Is there anywhere I can find out how to reset it myself either by hooking up to laptop or shorting pins on IC?

I can get it unlocked for about 80Eur but its not about the money, I'm a tinkerer and would like to do it myself, happy to take a risk of bricking.

You will not get that information on boards.ie
    My advise would be to get the installer to do the default and supply you with the codes.
    Second question, might be suited for a separate thread but would there be any way to tap into signals/IO from the board when alarm is raised? I would love to attach an ESP866 wifi chip to do some home automation stuff on it (send alarm to my raspberry pi)

There is an aritech thread which has been able to what you want using the keypad bus.
    Here is the link.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭dauhee

altor wrote: »
    You will not get that information on boards.ie
    My advise would be to get the installer to do the default and supply you with the codes.

There is an aritech thread which has been able to what you want using the keypad bus.
    Here is the link.

Ok thanks for getting back, I’ll leave off resetting for now and have a play with ideas in that link you included, it’s exactly what I was thinking thanks for that

Ok thanks for getting back, I’ll leave off resetting for now and have a play with ideas in that link you included, it’s exactly what I was thinking thanks for that

No Problem

Advertisement