Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Today's bargain watch that I'm not buying

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,446 ✭✭✭micks_address

Congrats, the full metal (B5000) is a stunner.

Yep I have one and like it. Have been getting some low battery warnings lately and im wondering if I've a problem with the battery. It probably needs a good charge which is a problem with the dark winter days

• Registered Users Posts: 28,097 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

This is a bargain of sorts, way cheaper than it is anywhere else just not sure how much the duty would be, only 1500 worldwide, half considering it https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-Raymond-Weil-Limited-Edition-Bob-Marley-300-GMT-8280-ST1-BMY18/264251018171?hash=item3d86968bbb:g:g3AAAOSwPilclWjn#shpCntId
    Any thoughts, can't see any in ireland for sale....

Yep I have one and like it. Have been getting some low battery warnings lately and im wondering if I've a problem with the battery. It probably needs a good charge which is a problem with the dark winter days
    I've never seen a low batt on any of my B5000s; that said I don't use the bluetooth connection at all (never even set it up!) and I suspect that's the main battery-sucker.

The auto-light is another potential battery sucker and should be disabled if you wear it under a sleeve a lot.

When i'm not wearing a solar watch I leave it somewhere that it'll get some daylight through a window. That might be as simple as putting it on a desk and facing it to the window. Or if you have a watch case leaving the lid open etc.

It's unusual to see low warning on a relatively new watch. I wouldn't ignore it, as it means your power consumption exceeds what you're getting in from the solar panel. Unless something changes - more power in or less power out - it'll run flat eventually. Being in a low state is generally not good for the cell.

The cells are not expensive so if you ever do kill it, it's not the end of the world if you need a new one.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,616 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

Right, I'll probably be kicking myself :( in the morning after posting this, so all I'll say is if any of the regulars on here buy this let me have first dibs. I would have to sell a few watches to buy it.

There is a Heritage diver on sale in KV on a rubber strap for €1120. This is lower than I've seen used ones going for. Watch head looks like this one;

https://www.kronos360.com/en/longines-heritage-diver-l27954520-1747.html

But the strap has a Longines deployant buckle.

Happy Christmas to all the wis here on boards.

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,001 ✭✭✭mad m

blue5000 wrote: »
    Right, I'll probably be kicking myself :( in the morning after posting this, so all I'll say is if any of the regulars on here buy this let me have first dibs. I would have to sell a few watches to buy it.

There is a Heritage diver on sale in KV on a rubber strap for €1120. This is lower than I've seen used ones going for. Watch head looks like this one;

https://www.kronos360.com/en/longines-heritage-diver-l27954520-1747.html

But the strap has a Longines deployant buckle.

Happy Christmas to all the wis here on boards.

Says €1610 now. When was it 1120

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭sparrowcar

mad m wrote: »
    Says €1610 now. When was it 1120

It was a link to what the watch head looks like not the actual one for €1120.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,097 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Good few Tridents after popping up on the Christopher Ward clearence section with 30% off last batch didn't last long https://www.christopherward.eu/events/clearance2

• Registered Users Posts: 3,372 ✭✭✭Ryath

Blue dial version of the of the new Seiko 5 SKX cased divers down to £150 on amazon. Not buying as I'm holding out for the pepsi, green or one of the mesh bracelet versions on discount. Still tempted though.
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Seiko-Analogue-Automatic-Stainless-SRPD51K1/dp/B07WFNRR69/ref=olp_product_details?_encoding=UTF8&me=

Seiko-SRPD51K1-4.png

Appears as 165 for me?

It's there on backorder if you select the from price. This link work?
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07WFNRR69/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&psc=1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭shutup

Very nice. I’d get that 5 if I hadn’t ordered the Parnis that arrived today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 Tuff Gong

Ryath wrote: »
    Not buying as I'm holding out for the pepsi, green or one of the mesh bracelet versions
    Will those ones be discounted do you reckon?
    I like the green.

Tuff Gong wrote: »
    Will those ones be discounted do you reckon?
    I like the green.
    This one? £204 is the lowest it's got would expect to see it at £180 at some point it can be a bit random, items can sometimes get big discounts for no reason on amazon. Best to set up a pricewatch on a tracker

Like this Hamilton! Great price at £258~€314 with Irish vat rrp is €525
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B001F7MIYI?psc=1

h64455533-a.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 16,466 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Ryath wrote: »

Like this Hamilton! Great price at £258~€314 with Irish vat rrp is €525
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B001F7MIYI?psc=1

That's me broke again :(
    Dammit!

Seriously tho Ryath, thanks for the share.

banie01 wrote: »
    That's me broke again :(
    Dammit!

Seriously tho Ryath, thanks for the share.

Glad to be of assistance! :D I'm still broke after Christmas myself so at least I can live vicariously through helping others buy the watches I like! Maybe they'll flip them cheap to me some day. :P

I do have the Seiko above on back order though! I really can't spare the cash though at the minute so more than likely will cancel it. I'm still hoping I can find an SKX007 or 009 for sensible money. Even second hand now they are going for silly money since they were discontinued.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭T-Maxx

That Hamilton offer has expired already - back up to 438 sterling.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭Northern Monkey

£270 for the full metal G-SHOCK. I’m not buying as I already have one and paid a good bit more for it :(

https://www.jurawatches.co.uk/collections/g-shock-watches/products/g-shock-watch-5000-series-gmw-b5000d-1er

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭funkyouup

£270 for the full metal G-SHOCK. I’m not buying as I already have one and paid a good bit more for it :(

https://www.jurawatches.co.uk/collections/g-shock-watches/products/g-shock-watch-5000-series-gmw-b5000d-1er

Thats some steal, its 400 sterling on amazon right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,005 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Rjd2 wrote: »
    I like the green with the leather strap (the mesh one looks horrible imho)

And I ordered the mesh one by accident,,not sure how real life issues distracting me at the time. I think I'l send it back as yeah mesh is ugly.:mad:

Rjd2 wrote: »
    And I ordered the mesh one by accident,,not sure how real life issues distracting me at the time. I think I'l send it back as yeah mesh is ugly.:mad:

Nothing wrong with mesh.. see how it wears when it arrives. Friend has a breitling with a mesh bracelet and it's super comfortable

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 64,762 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Rolex Explorer 214270 on adverts

Linky

Ad was entered yesterday with asking price of €6975. Now dropped to €6500

Still very overpriced for a private sale in my book (I've seen them on chrono24 from a dealer with warranty from around €4,900) and the seller isn't listening to arguments. Not many of these for sale in Ireland though and far from a bargain at this price, but who knows, maybe this is useful for someone?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭sparrowcar

unkel wrote: »

Linky

Still very overpriced for a private sale in my book (I've seen them on chrono24 from a dealer with warranty from around €4,900) and the seller isn't listening to arguments. Not many of these for sale in Ireland though and far from a bargain at this price, but who knows, maybe this is useful for someone?

Dropped €500 overnight.. he's sweating. Give it a week and he'll take €5500.

• Registered Users Posts: 64,762 ✭✭✭✭unkel

sparrowcar wrote: »
    Dropped €500 overnight.. he's sweating. Give it a week and he'll take €5500.

I won't be offering anywhere near €5500 :p

I won't be offering anywhere near €5500 :p

Yeah I think there we one went to close to 4k last year on adverts? Some people are very bullish about prices. I suppose I'd be the same with a Rolex. If you need the money then you'll sell otherwise you keep it. If you brought the like of it into John brerton I wonder what they would offer for it?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,739 ✭✭✭893bet

Bullish on prices while the market is very bearish! Interesting discussion on TZ.

https://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.php?465858-Grey-prices-consolidating-lower

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭TheRepentent

893bet wrote: »
    Bullish on prices while the market is very bearish! Interesting discussion on TZ.

https://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.php?465858-Grey-prices-consolidating-lower
    893bet ,excuse my ignorance but are grey dealers legit ?I presume they just arent AD shops?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,739 ✭✭✭893bet

893bet ,excuse my ignorance but are grey dealers legit ?I presume they just arent AD shops?

That’s pretty much it. They sell “new” watches they have bought from AD’s; usually at a discount.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,797 ✭✭✭Jude13

Linky

My favorite rolex, works with anything, shorts and T to a dinner jacket. I got one as a wedding gift from the OH and it's my daily, I am pretty sure we didn't pay 6.5k from the AD though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,813 ✭✭✭fat bloke

Linky

A quite unremarkable looking watch in my opinion.

• Advertisement

fat bloke wrote: »
    A quite unremarkable looking watch in my opinion.

i guess thats the appeal of it to a lot of people.. timeless sort of elegance

Advertisement