Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Favorite Old School WWF Wrestler

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭eldamo

I'd almost go Ted do biase just for his intro music and general douche baggery, but no

Mankind it is, he was a nutter. Great teamwork with Mr socko.

Him and the rock seem like a completely different generation to the rest to be honest though. Maybe there are more attitude era guys coming up.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,248 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Omackeral wrote: »
    Mankind wins it 5-2. That brings us to the halfway point of the first round. I'll pick this up tomorrow and we might get a few more freaks on board with us :D

Cheers but I’ll be honest million dollar man crashing out so early has put me over the edge. You can all expect a visit from Virgil.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

eldamo wrote: »
    Him and the rock seem like a completely different generation to the rest to be honest though. Maybe there are more attitude era guys coming up.

Yeah I'd agree in a sense. I said if they had their most iconic moments in the 90's that would suffice for inclusion but I defo take your point.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,323 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Hopefully we see Bob Backlund show up. His 60+ minute stint in a royal rumble in the early 90s is one of my favourite moments of wrestling history. You were so rooting for him to win it but then Yoko lined him up and you knew he was done for lol

• Registered Users Posts: 8,509 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

I remember No Way Out in 00 when Cactus Jack went through the hell in a cell then the ring, my little 7 year old brain couldn't handle that much excitement

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,323 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Rikand wrote: »
    Hopefully we see Bob Backlund show up. His 60+ minute stint in a royal rumble in the early 90s is one of my favourite moments of wrestling history. You were so rooting for him to win it but then Yoko lined him up and you knew he was done for lol

https://www.wwe.com/videos/bob-backlund-lasts-over-an-hour-in-the-1993-royal-rumble-match-royal-rumble-1993

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,830 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Ted DiBiase

Spoiler alert, I was just about to get around to watching that one. Jeese, can't imagine rooting for backlund.

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭sbs2010

I hope Junkyard Dog shows up.
    I'm pretty sure he was part dog.

Wow, I remember reading years later that Yoko was Samoan.

10 year old me never questioned his authentic Japaneseness.

Seeing him now, he is rikishi after eating a few more pies.

Wow.

• Advertisement

If anyone's looking for some nostalgia overload...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,350 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

Although everyone had a price for TMDM, he couldnt wrestle. Mankind, although he turned into a comedy act, he some epic matches and theme tune was brilliant

MANKIND

Kane

WWE-Untold-Kane-Hell-in-a-Cell-645x370.jpg

Parts Unknown 323lbs

VS

Ultimate Warrior

Ultimate-Warrior-with-logo-background.jpg

Parts Unknown 280lbs

• Registered Users Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭lassykk

Gotta be Kane (before he lost the mask) - he was one scary looking guy and loved the storyline with The Undertaker

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Darksoul

Ultimate Warrior win, I say it be fairly close battle.

eh tough one,

warrior was great fun as a kid, but i would say I would hate his squash matches as a grown up.

kane has been around for ages and was always good

both have great intros to be honest.

neither is going to win the whole thing, would vote either of them out in the next round,

I am going for kane as I reckon warrior was a bit of a jerk, just a bodybuilder cashing in on the wrestling boom

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Kane had a great build towards his debut and then his debut itself was very memorable, tombstone on Taker, nobody did that, some good monents throughout his run to, record rumble eliminations, tag team gold, and world champion.

While i liked Warrior as a child, his entrance was more memorable then anything else.

Its gotta be Kane

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭Chuck Noland

Neither 2 jumps out at me. Probably Warrior as I think of him more of a nostalgia act then Kane who, without checking, seems in my head to have been relevant only a few years ago

Warrior

• Registered Users Posts: 13,350 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

Warrior had a great entrance and appearance, but his matches were boring.

Kane had an infamous debut, lets forget his DDS run. Great entrance, great matches, great appearance at the beginning.

It's gotta be KANE

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭amadangomor

Warrior all the way, was my favourite. Stop following by the time Kane was around.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Wuff Wuff

Kane for me,

Warrior was gone by the time i got into WWF

• Registered Users Posts: 18,877 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Couple of notes

1) Hard for Piper to go so soon. an utter lunatic and great presence.

2) Mr. Perfect's promos were fantastic! I can't find the american football one, but it contained him being a Qb, throwing the ball, and then running and supposedly catching it.

PS - Don't forget Ricky the Dragon Steamboat

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭jay1988

Warrior for me, just about, for me Kane never really hit the heights that he should have, always just little bit off top level, IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭Rockbeast2

Has to be The Ultimate Warrior.

Gorilla pressing Kane and a running splash FTW.

Feel the power...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,248 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Ultimate warrior with the makeup dripping off him. Loved the energy.

Kane is the first to hot the required 5 so he bests Warrior but a very good match it has to be said and some good reasons! Next up we've two big boys going at it, hold tight.

everlast75 wrote: »
    Couple of notes

1) Hard for Piper to go so soon. an utter lunatic and great presence.

2) Mr. Perfect's promos were fantastic! I can't find the american football one, but it contained him being a Qb, throwing the ball, and then running and supposedly catching it.

PS - Don't forget Ricky the Dragon Steamboat

football pass 1 minute 40

thank you for reminding me of this, i was just thinking of his interviews and his matches.

this, was perfect.

eldamo wrote: »

football pass 1 minute 40

thank you for reminding me of this, i was just thinking of his interviews and his matches.

this, was perfect.

Well found sir! I literally have not seen that since it was broadcast!

PS - his music too was awesome

Big Bossman

BBMstudio.jpg

Cobb County, Georgia 330lbs

VS

Bam Bam Bigelow

vD6hLmaQ-600x338.jpg

Asbury Park, New Jersery 390lbs

• Advertisement

Boss man for me.

The sight of a police uniform beating the sh1t out of handcuffed people seems prescient now.

Advertisement