Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Disney+ thread - See Mod Post

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭Conchurl

I removed you because I'm going on holiday and dont want the hassle of looking for someone while I'm away or comeback . I'll also refunding you the difference but you didn't mention that.

I'm happy to add that in once I get a refund for the difference. Right now it's only words about a refund no money in my revolt yet

• Registered Users Posts: 7,077 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

If you’re just removing people when it suits your convenience then it would say even more that you should be avoided wouldn’t it?

What if this person wanted to keep the subscription rather than the refund? Did they get the option?

I'll make it as easy for myself yea . He didnt want to renew he ll get his money back for missed weeks.

I'll make it as easy for myself yea . He didnt want to renew he ll get his money back for missed weeks.

Then at least it’s came out now before you dupe anyone further.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,618 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

paulboland wrote: »
    You can only stream to 4 devices same time if some of you not aware

You can have upto 7 profiles on an account
    But not all 7 persons can stream same time

Those planning on setting up sharing login detaila to an account you need to remember the limit of 4 devices streaming same time

You can have multiple differennt devices registered but only 4 can be streaming same time.

In terms of downloading content for offline viewing max number of devices registered on a account is 10 this applies to downloaded content only

Just so I'm clear on this, if I sign up for the basic individual package, I can then add my account to another person's device so that both of us can watch Disney+ via 2 devices (mine and theirs) is that right ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭bidiots

I removed you because I'm going on holiday and dont want the hassle of looking for someone while I'm away or comeback

Wha? Types like you that ruin it for everyone else

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Well then yes user is 100% right to warn about you...

Why bother offering if you want to threat people like sh*t?

Then at least it’s came out now before you dupe anyone further.

Who did I dupe . Users wont reply when asking for renewal , I'm keeping the group going for the rest of the group so it's the benefit of the other users. The spotify group is different its not as if everyone paid on the same day I have to chase people up on different months for payment. That's if I remember . It's tough luck on the user but it's for the benefit of me and the group .

bidiots wrote: »
    Wha? Types like you that ruin it for everyone else

It's the types like me that do it for nothing .

mrcheez wrote: »
    Just so I'm clear on this, if I sign up for the basic individual package, I can then add my account to another person's device so that both of us can watch Disney+ via 2 devices (mine and theirs) is that right ?

Yea up to 4 devices can watch at the same time.

Back on track ,3 spots available pm for details.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

I removed you because I'm going on holiday and dont want the hassle of looking for someone while I'm away or comeback . I'll also refunding you the difference but you didn't mention that.

To be fair, the poster said there was still 8 weeks left on the sub, that's 2 months away. Long holiday.

Anyways, what hassle? Just click cancel on Spotify and worry about it when you want to take it up again.

McMurphy wrote: »
    To be fair, the poster said there was still 8 weeks left on the sub, that's 2 months away. Long holiday.

Anyways, what hassle? Just click cancel on Spotify and worry about it when you want to take it up again.

Well I made a mistake in hought it was only 3 weeks but anyway ,I made my point if you dont want to sign up that's up to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭MICKEYG

Hi all, took the plunge here but now worried that my 2018 smart TV won't get the app.
    Also looked to add the app to my 2019 tablet but it is called DisneyLife??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭paulboland

MICKEYG wrote: »
    Hi all, took the plunge here but now worried that my 2018 smart TV won't get the app.
    Also looked to add the app to my 2019 tablet but it is called DisneyLife??

Disney + App for UK/Ireland will be available to download from March 24th
    It's not on UK/Ireland Google Play or Apple Store yet but will be on March 24th

DisneyLife will be replaced by Disney + from March 24th
    Anyone with a Disneylife subscription will be getting a email from Disney how to transfer to Disney +

2 spots still available

• Registered Users Posts: 4,002 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Sky and Disney+ joining together on the sky platform in the same way sky and Netflix have. No price given yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,858 ✭✭✭Soarer

Jofspring wrote: »
    Sky and Disney+ joining together on the sky platform in the same way sky and Netflix have. No price given yet.

Anybody going that route won't get 4K HDR, just like the Netflix offering.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,483 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Soarer wrote: »

That's only on the Sky Q app isn't it.

You can still log in normally outside this for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,341 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

You can get 4K HDR with Netflix through Sky, but only with a Sky Q 2TB box and the relevant subscription though you’ll need to use a different version of the app to get the HDR working. I imagine there’ll be a way to get Disney in 4K if it’s something that’s already on their platform.

You just use your Disney + login details with a web browser PC/Laptop or the app on phones/tablet to get HDR

It's the same with Netflix subscription with Sky Q
    You use your Netflix login in details on other devices to get HDR versions

Paying Sky for Disney + or Netflix Subscriptions don't effect you using these services on other devices

You can stream on 4 devices

You can also decide to Pay Disney and Netflix direct and still use the App on Sky Q box

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,963 ✭✭✭cena

any idea if this well be in the ps4

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭lertsnim

cena wrote: »

Yes it will.

cena wrote: »

Yes the Disney + App will be available to download on the PS4 on March 24th

• Registered Users Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭Whiplashy

Just took out my subscription. Can't wait for launch

• Registered Users Posts: 8,858 ✭✭✭Soarer

paulboland wrote: »
    You just use your Disney + login details with a web browser PC/Laptop or the app on phones/tablet to get HDR

It's the same with Netflix subscription with Sky Q
    You use your Netflix login in details on other devices to get HDR versions

That's what I meant.

You won't get HDR on the Sky platform.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Demios

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.theverge.com/platform/amp/2020/3/4/21162693/simpsons-disney-plus-uk-sky-comcast-fox-streaming-date

Well now that's it's been confirmed The Simpsons will be on it day one. I think I'll sign up for it!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,461 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Is there a definitive list of the content it will have anywhere?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭Beersmith

2 spots still available

Still available?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭skeleton_boy

Any family spots available? Can pay via revolut or paypal. Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭paudy1000

I have 3 spots available for family account if anyone is interested, have both paypal and revlout.

Advertisement