Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Rebuilding Ireland home loan

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

Hi all,

Thinking of applying for a mortgage under this scheme mid to late 2019 as my wife and I are well below the income threshold. Now what I think could be a big sticking point is that she is leaving her employment in the next month or so and starting up her own business, i.e. becoming self-employed. I know they want 2 years of accounts for self-employed applicants but that wouldn't be possible until August 2020.

In this case, is there any point in even applying next year?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭bri007

Can you not apply this year?
    Colemania wrote: »
    Hi all,

Thinking of applying for a mortgage under this scheme mid to late 2019 as my wife and I are well below the income threshold. Now what I think could be a big sticking point is that she is leaving her employment in the next month or so and starting up her own business, i.e. becoming self-employed. I know they want 2 years of accounts for self-employed applicants but that wouldn't be possible until August 2020.

bri007 wrote: »
    Can you not apply this year?

Would love to but my wife's wage up to July will not be much and I'm on under 40k myself. Would need 250k or so as looking to buy in dublin

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Hi all,

If her new business is the same sector as her current employment, there's a chance the local authority might accept it as a continuous period of employment. If not, I'd say it's extremely unlikely to be accepted if she's going to be the primary earner.

If her new business is the same sector as her current employment, there's a chance the local authority might accept it as a continuous period of employment. If not, I'd say it's extremely unlikely to be accepted if she's going to be the primary earner.

Very similar sector yes

• Advertisement

Did you try the calculator on the rebuilding Ireland website to get an idea on how much you both would get?

Would love to but my wife's wage up to July will not be much and I'm on under 40k myself. Would need 250k or so as looking to buy in dublin

Did you try the calculator on the rebuilding Ireland website to get an idea on how much you both would get?

I did alright but as I mentioned, with the change to self employment, they may not even accept it as a reliable source of income.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭VW08

Hi, has anyone submitted an application for a new build. I'm finding the application form tricky as I'm only at the design stage and its asking for the completion date, and asks if I have structural defects insurance. Is this needed?

Also it asks about bonus per annum, I do get a bonus but its not fixed...varies every year. Not sure what to put there!

Then it asks about the purchase price/valuation...is that the cost of the build plus the site (site is gifted). No idea what the total price would be! And does a new build need a valuation assessment?

Has anyone just gone in for a chat with their local authority for clarity on the application form? I think I might find it helpful.

Thanks...and good luck everyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 29 LK1988

We put in our application form about 4 weeks ago and was told it would be reviewed at the credit committee SDCC tomorrow so we would know sometime next week. Is the credit committee the people who decide whether to give it to you or not? Or does it then go to an underwriters?

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭SNNUS

LK1988 wrote: »
    We put in our application form about 4 weeks ago and was told it would be reviewed at the credit committee SDCC tomorrow so we would know sometime next week. Is the credit committee the people who decide whether to give it to you or not? Or does it then go to an underwriters?

Usually if it goes to credit committee it means it was approved by underwriters.

When mine went to credit committee I rang after the meeting and they told me how it went.

• Advertisement

SNNUS wrote: »
    Usually if it goes to credit committee it means it was approved by underwriters.

When mine went to credit committee I rang after the meeting and they told me how it went.

Do you mind me asking were you approved?

Yeah I was, they should not make you wait for a decision but I have heard of only bad things about DSCC

Yeah I was, they should not make you wait for a decision but I have heard of only bad things about DSCC

Ah great congratulations, hopefully it going to the credit committee has a positive outcome for us.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Sam2904

Has anyone got approval for a new build/self build if so how long do you get mortgage approval for. We applied and our house isnt ready until february. Just wondering will we have to start the whole process again!

Hey! Has anyone got approval for a new build/self build if so how long do you get mortgage approval for. We applied and our house isnt ready until february. Just wondering will we have to start the whole process again

Ailbag wrote: »
    DCC, the longest wait was the credit committee but they seem to have weekly meetings now, rather than fortnightly, so that will be faster once they clear the backlog. It was just under 10 weeks in the end.

How long did it take to get word after the credit committee?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Sam2904 wrote: »
    Has anyone got approval for a new build/self build if so how long do you get mortgage approval for. We applied and our house isnt ready until february. Just wondering will we have to start the whole process again!

Approval is valid for 6 months, Councils have the ability to extend approval subject to no disimprovement in your financial situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Alk866

I recieved my whole application back after 3 weeks saying I need computer generated p60s. I know for a fact they got our original ones as the woman at the desk made sure we had that and our p21. Anyone else have issues like this. Feel like they have done this to sabotage our chances as we qualify.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,284 ✭✭✭stryker mcqueen

Alk866 wrote: »
    I recieved my whole application back after 3 weeks saying I need computer generated p60s. I know for a fact they got our original ones as the woman at the desk made sure we had that and our p21. Anyone else have issues like this. Feel like they have done this to sabotage our chances as we qualify.

Yea we got our application back because of something similar , south Dublin cc ...... Absolutely boobs.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Sammylok1977

This is my 6 weeks after apply to DCC and I still haven't hear from anything!! I
    I think is gonna take long!! I wonder if the call you or send the post ??

• Advertisement

Approval is valid for 6 months, Councils have the ability to extend approval subject to no disimprovement in your financial situation.

We got approval yesterday and it stated it was valid for 3 months when i enquired i was told we needed to reapply if it went passed 6 months. We have just recieved our contract for the new build and im not sure if we should sign it after todays call to the council.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,284 ✭✭✭stryker mcqueen

This is my 6 weeks after apply to DCC and I still haven't hear from anything!! I

We were 9 weeks yesterday , a friend heard bang on 10 weeks so I'm not panicking :)

Alk866 wrote: »

Was it SDCC?

Hello SNNUS I got my loan approval today almost 7 weeks waiting with DCC.

We were 9 weeks yesterday , a friend heard bang on 10 weeks so I'm not panicking :)
    After this post and I have received my loan approval just almost 7 weeks with DCC ..

Woo hoo! Congrats! Any houses looked at? :)

Woo hoo! Congrats! Any houses looked at? :)
    Not yet , may I ask which form I have to sign and send back to council? I have 3 form but I haven't find any property yet !! What about yourself? Did you find anything?

Is it original P60s you give or photocopies of an original P60, read on requirements it cannot be computer generated!

Bit confused!

• Advertisement

Is it original P60s you give or photocopies of an original P60, read on requirements it cannot be computer generated!

Bit confused!
    You can photocopy

Advertisement