Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Rebuilding Ireland home loan

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭beanyb

gandalfio wrote: »
    No, the quote is from the RBI people themselves. Via their contact us by email. From my understanding, it's the % of your net monthly income, so after tax, prsi, pensions and any debts.
    We are definitely below the 35%, but only just. So maybe the local authorities have their own ratios which are below 35.
    Yes, it's very frustrating that they make you apply again instead of just approving people for the maximum amount they are eligible for. I have since been told that we should have written 'maximum allowable' instead of a specific figure.

I can't find it in the credit policy (which is available here - http://rebuildingirelandhomeloan.ie/uploads/files/RIHL%20Redacted%20Credit%20Policy%20-%20Final.pdf) but I am pretty sure the income ratio for this scheme is 30%.

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭gandalfio

beanyb wrote: »
    I can't find it in the credit policy (which is available here - http://rebuildingirelandhomeloan.ie/uploads/files/RIHL%20Redacted%20Credit%20Policy%20-%20Final.pdf) but I am pretty sure the income ratio for this scheme is 30%.

It's redacted in the policy for some reason. But RBI themselves have said clearly that it's 35%.
    We've challenged it anyway along with one other issue they definitely made a mistake on. And they've agreed to send it back to the underwriters for a full review. Saving us the hassle of appealing or reapplying.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭Lauren52

It's redacted in the policy for some reason. But RBI themselves have said clearly that it's 35%.
    We've challenged it anyway along with one other issue they definitely made a mistake on. And they've agreed to send it back to the underwriters for a full review. Saving us the hassle of appealing or reapplying.

Best Of Luck , Ours went back aswel , Council said it was underwriters mistake so it is back now and waiting to go credit committee, so fingers crossed for both.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭ABCD_1234

Lauren52 wrote: »
    Best Of Luck , Ours went back aswel , Council said it was underwriters mistake so it is back now and waiting to go credit committee, so fingers crossed for both.

Did you have to wait on the application to be reviewed by the credit committee before the application was declined and sent back to the Underwriters? I’m not sure how the process works I’m still waiting on the credit committee but would have thought if there was anything unclear they would come back to you before waiting months on the credit committee.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 laoise6

Does anyone know how long it takes at the underwriters?

And does anyone have a non-redacted copy of the credit policy?

I never thought it would be this stressful and this ambiguous :/

• Advertisement

Good luck to you too.

laoise6 wrote: »
    Does anyone know how long it takes at the underwriters?

And does anyone have a non-redacted copy of the credit policy?

I never thought it would be this stressful and this ambiguous :/

Ours was 8 weeks.
    We were sent the redacted policy by RBI themselves.
    Yes it's very ambiguous. They've made a few mistakes with ours from the beginning. Misinterpreting and misreading very basic facts and figures. The back and forth is frustrating.

labyrne22 wrote: »
    Did you have to wait on the application to be reviewed by the credit committee before the application was declined and sent back to the Underwriters? I’m not sure how the process works I’m still waiting on the credit committee but would have thought if there was anything unclear they would come back to you before waiting months on the credit committee.

No it had not gone to credit committee, we got an email to say it had been sent to underwriters. About 8 weeks later I rang and was told it had come back declined. My husband had a pay Increase so I sent in a new salary cert and also payslips to show I was off wage subsidy scheme and they sent it back 4weeks ago. I think it is back (still not 100%) the lady In the council who has been getting back to me said she was trying to organise a credit comittee meeting (this was Tuesday after anouncement of lockdown) but she was unsure if they would be deemed essential this time around as they were not essential the last time but she seemed hopeful. However still not heard back.

Ours was 8 weeks.
    We were sent the redacted policy by RBI themselves.
    Yes it's very ambiguous. They've made a few mistakes with ours from the beginning. Misinterpreting and misreading very basic facts and figures. The back and forth is frustrating.

Oh that is so frustrating, we are 4 weeks waiting since it went back , was 8 weeks prior for the first time.

Can I ask, has everyone had a meeting either in person / by phone to go through application before it was sent to underwriters?

Or have some put application in and had nothing untill notified of decision?

• Advertisement

Can I ask, has everyone had a meeting either in person / by phone to go through application before it was sent to underwriters?

Or have some put application in and had nothing untill notified of decision?

I emailed the application back in June, I had no contact at all up until yesterday when they called for clarification regarding my savings.. Before Covid you could make an appointment with your local authority, they would review and ensure you had all the relevant documentation. I was told in June that they are no longer doing this.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Cheesepuffs

Hi,

Does anyone know how long it takes for the council to get the cheque from the day they requested it

Cheesepuffs

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Salanky

Hi,

Does anyone know how long it takes for the council to get the cheque from the day they requested it

Cheesepuffs

Mine is down to be issued next Thursday so I'm assuming its the standard 5 working days for it to clear. I imagine my funds will be in my solicitors account by the 5th or 6th of November. Dont have a closing date yet though I have informed the estate agent the cheque is being issued.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 navan21

Hi just at the very start of the process of saving. My partner is the only one earning. I am at home with he children. If we save every month into my credit union does it matter? Or does his name need to be on the saving account that we are saving into?thanks

navan21 wrote: »
    Hi just at the very start of the process of saving. My partner is the only one earning. I am at home with he children. If we save every month into my credit union does it matter? Or does his name need to be on the saving account that we are saving into?thanks

If you are applying as a joint application it does not matter. My husband earns more than me and all savings goes into my savings account.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 navan21

If you are applying as a joint application it does not matter. My husband earns more than me and all savings goes into my savings account.

Ye we are applying as a joint application. I have no earnings though so wonder would it still be ok!thanks for the quick reply

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Mbourke91

Hello, I’m just starting the process and applying with 2 applicants and was just wondering if anyone has gotten approved with one person on a 1 year fixed term contract? I have a permanent position but my partner has a 1 year fixed contract- which should be renewed. We are going with SDCC. Thank you!

navan21 wrote: »
    Ye we are applying as a joint application. I have no earnings though so wonder would it still be ok!thanks for the quick reply

I cant see how it would be an issue ? If he transfers from his bank into the savings account. You will have to show 12 mts of all accounts. So if it's coming from his name into an account with your name I cant see where there would be an issue.

Hi,

Can anyone help. As far as I remember, I had to put a house value on the RIHL application form. The problem is, house prices have since increased in my area.
    I asked for the maximum possible but will they just offer 90% of the house value which I provided?

I hope this makes sense.

Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭BKWDR

ABCD_1234 wrote: »
    Hi,

Can anyone help. As far as I remember, I had to put a house value on the RIHL application form. The problem is, house prices have since increased in my area.
    I asked for the maximum possible but will they just offer 90% of the house value which I provided?

I hope this makes sense.

Thank you

How much you can borrow depends on your earnings, current debt and age

The 90% relates only to the maximum they can lend relative to the house price and central bank regulations

You can leave house value blank

• Advertisement

BKWDR wrote: »
    How much you can borrow depends on your earnings, current debt and age

The 90% relates only to the maximum they can lend relative to the house price and central bank regulations

You can leave house value blank

I filled it out about 5 months ago and put a house value down although now prices have increased hy about €20k-€30k. Didn’t realise I could have left it blank

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭BKWDR

I filled it out about 5 months ago and put a house value down although now prices have increased hy about €20k-€30k. Didn’t realise I could have left it blank

You are not committed to the house you put on the form. You are only tied to the loan amount.

You get loan approval in principle first. Then when you have found a house within the price range of the loan amount and your deposit,you go sale agreed.

You have to pay 10% of this property price yourself by way of deposit. The max that can be funded by the loan is 90%,by law.

Whatever the max loan amount you get, that represents the 90%

Ie. You get approved for 100,000e.

You find a property for 100,000e

You have to pay 10,000e deposit out of your savings

The remaining 90,000e is funded by way of the loan

You will also have to pay for legal fees 2k approx and pay for survey report

BKWDR wrote: »
    You are not committed to the house you put on the form. You are only tied to the loan amount.

You get loan approval in principle first. Then when you have found a house within the price range of the loan amount and your deposit,you go sale agreed.

You have to pay 10% of this property price yourself by way of deposit. The max that can be funded by the loan is 90%,by law.

Whatever the max loan amount you get, that represents the 90%

Ie. You get approved for 100,000e.

You find a property for 100,000e

You have to pay 10,000e deposit out of your savings

The remaining 90,000e is funded by way of the loan

You will also have to pay for legal fees 2k approx and pay for survey report

Thank you for that! That’s great. Once I’m not held to the house value noted on the application form i’ll be happy! Deposit and legal fees all sorted just need the loan now.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,086 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Are bonus payments or even part of them counted?

Thank you for that! That’s great. Once I’m not held to the house value noted on the application form i’ll be happy! Deposit and legal fees all sorted just need the loan now.

I had originally applied with a value of about 150k with the hope of getting 141k as my loan amount so I could go a bit over the 150k. I got approved for the 141k but am now buying for 175k. The difference is being made up by my savings. They don't mind you adding to the mortgage amount as long as you can show where the extra money is coming from and that the sale price doesnt exceed the county limit.

Salanky wrote: »
    I had originally applied with a value of about 150k with the hope of getting 141k as my loan amount so I could go a bit over the 150k. I got approved for the 141k but am now buying for 175k. The difference is being made up by my savings. They don't mind you adding to the mortgage amount as long as you can show where the extra money is coming from and that the sale price doesnt exceed the county limit.

I had put a house value of €220k on the form and looked for €200k loan but no the house prices have increased i’m wondering if they’ll hold me to the original €220k.. hopefully not 🙈

Gael23 wrote: »
    Are bonus payments or even part of them counted?

Once they are guaranteed they will be counted (that’s what I was told)

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭snams

Sorry, wrong thread! 🙈

I had put a house value of €220k on the form and looked for €200k loan but no the house prices have increased i’m wondering if they’ll hold me to the original €220k.. hopefully not 🙈

What does the calculator say you can get? Mine worked out at 141800 on the calculator and I got 141300. Different councils seem to do it different too.

• Advertisement

It was €204k, it’s with the credit committee at the moment. Do they give you the loan amount or do they just let you know whether you’ve been approved or not and pass it onto the next department? Sorry for all the questions 😅

You will be told its approved for x amount for 6 months from the date on the letter/email.

Advertisement