Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Examples of Political Correctness gone too far

• 07-03-2019 10:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 6

I think the world has gone crazy with "social justice", and "political correctness". You can't say anything anymore without offending somebody or being attacked by sjw's. Has anyone got any good examples of political correctness gone too far?

Edit:People don't seem to understand what I'm saying, so basically I'm looking for examples of people like feminazis and trannies flipping out over minor things :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,021 ✭✭✭✭Peregrinus

You're asking us to produce examples to explain why you think what you think?

It may not be politically correct to say so, but I think that's your job, PhsycoGinger.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 19,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

I think the world has gone crazy with "social justice", and "political correctness". You can't say anything anymore without offending somebody or being attacked by sjw's. Has anyone got any good examples of political correctness gone too far?

What exactly is it you can't say that you feel the need to say OP?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,981 ✭✭✭skallywag

Edit:People don't seem to understand what I'm saying, so basically I'm looking for examples of people like feminazis and trannies flipping out over minor things :)

Would you consider it a minor thing to use the word 'trannies' on a public Humanities forum?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,021 ✭✭✭✭Peregrinus

I don't know about examples of political correctness, but I think we've certainly got an example of a pwecious snowflake desperately in need of something to take offence at.

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭Hedgelayer

A good sense of humour and a thick skin is what is needed in today's society.

Nobody can take that away from you.

• Advertisement
Advertisement