Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

12-10-2019, 12:01   #1
phater phagan

Silver Crest Blender not working

Hi guys. I bought a really nice looking, sturdy blender at Lidl - a SiverCrest model; but when I tried to run it, it didn't work. I contacted the customer service department of Lidl and they sent me a replacement blender very quickly.

I plugged it in and turned on the setting and it worked fine. However, when I tried to use it later nothing happened - the same as the first faulty one.
I would like to keep it, and try to determine what caused it to fail.
Could it be that the fuse (13 amp ) is the cause?

I have other SilverCrest appliances that work fine - never had a bit of a problem with them. I'd like to fix this one if possible. Any suggestions as the the cause please?

Thanks in advance.
Advertisement
14-10-2019, 17:35   #2
coylemj

It you want to test the fuse, take it out and try it in the plug of a different appliance. Doesn't have to be a heavy duty appliance like a kettle, anything will do to test if the fuse has blown. If the lead comes out of the back of blender, unplug it and try it in an an appliance with the same interface, that's easier than swapping the fuse.

If the fuse is ok then you'll have to go back to Lidl.
14-10-2019, 21:32   #3
phater phagan

Quote:
Originally Posted by coylemj View Post
It you want to test the fuse, take it out and try it in the plug of a different appliance. Doesn't have to be a heavy duty appliance like a kettle, anything will do to test if the fuse has blown. If the lead comes out of the back of blender, unplug it and try it in an an appliance with the same interface, that's easier than swapping the fuse.

If the fuse is ok then you'll have to go back to Lidl.
Thanks Coy.
15-10-2019, 01:36   #4
whizbang

Are you sure you are locking the jug in correctly?
16-10-2019, 10:53   #5
phater phagan

Quote:
Originally Posted by whizbang View Post
Are you sure you are locking the jug in correctly?
Yes Whiz. I have made sure that the jug and plug and even the top is on and secured. The puzziing thing is that the replacement blender worked when I just did a small test before, and when I actually put any vegetables in when I went to use it properly it was dead. It has become a mystery that I'm determined to solve. I'm looking for a electrical repair place to satisfy my curiosity at this stage.
Advertisement
16-10-2019, 10:58   #6
D3V!L

I gave up on electrical appliances from Lidl this year. They are consistently bad quality.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion