Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New washing machine - water doesn't drain. Drum full of water.

• 09-10-2019 10:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭

Have a brand new nordemende washing machine with a drum full of water. It doesn't drain.

It stopped half way through one of the washes, never drained and never worked again after that.

The lights turn on but none of the programs activate - thought I'd try do a spin or rinse to flush it out. Just makes a weird humming noise when I try to run one of the programs.

Is it fecked, or is there something easy I can try to fix it before calling a technician? (I'm not a plumber or any sort of tradesman)

Comments

Check the drain hose isn't kinked.

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭sidcon

How new is new, have you removed the transport screws so it functions correctly.
    At the bottom of the machine you will find a little door behind that door it the drain. Open that up and unscrew it. Have plenty of buckets to collect the water.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭The Red Ace

sidcon wrote: »
    How new is new, have you removed the transport screws so it functions correctly.
    At the bottom of the machine you will find a little door behind that door it the drain. Open that up and unscrew it. Have plenty of buckets to collect the water.

Sidcon if your machine fails to empty in the future and you want to inspect the filter just undo the holding clamp in the emptying hose and lower the hose into a basin and let the w/m gravity flow until empty. no mopping up everything nice and dry.

Advertisement