Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Players to Watch 2019/2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

Posted about him in the other thread. Could be a real gem. But imo way overpriced at 6.0.

Kovacic is only 5.5 and will prob get more game time

• Registered Users Posts: 3,159 ✭✭✭Dearg81

Mount is more attacking than Kovacic though, he has 3 goals in pre-season so he could be good value if he nails down a spot. I guess he's competing with Barkley for that CAM role. It's too early to tell who Lampard favours but he's shown at Derby he's not afraid of throwing youngsters straight in.

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭CSWS101

Any love for Che Adams? I like the look of saints this season, a full pre season under Hasenhuttel should make a big difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

CSWS101 wrote: »
    Any love for Che Adams? I like the look of saints this season, a full pre season under Hasenhuttel should make a big difference.

Intrigued by him as well.

Southampton have had a habit of starting well in seasons past after a refresh of the squad.

But it's certainly punty :)

• Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

Intrigued by him as well.

Southampton have had a habit of starting well in seasons past after a refresh of the squad.

But it's certainly punty :)

Too expensive a punt for me . If he was 5.5 I may have stuck him in instead of Greenwood
    I am resigned now to having to find a different 3rd striker
    I won’t get one for 4.5
    I can raise 0.5 by downgrading zaha to Perez which I’m thinking about doing anyway but I was going to keep the 0.5 for gw2 transfers . Did that last few years and it’s very handy .
    Could also chance both kelly and lundstrum instead of Duffy and lundstrum . That’s gives me one million but it’s risky

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

He's in a humandhaw I have right now with Rodriguez and Ings.
    Even Pukki and Krmic from Norwich but I'm waiting a while to see how they go.

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭Tomw86

Yeah, I've him in my team at the minute - was him/Joelinton or Wesley (Villa) who I felt could start well.

I've gone with him as he's coming from scoring in the Premier League and will settle better.

Also, Ralph Hasthelnutt (or however you spell it) wanted him so he's guaranteed to start.

Will Perez definitely start for Leicester?

I know they've spent a lot on him, but I'm still not sure...might get Maddison in instead if I can work it that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Any love for David Silva? Seems to be having a good pre-season, the guy is still one of the best midfielders in the league and proven to get goals and assists with City often spreading the points around. At 7.5 he just enables so much elsewhere compared to KDB.

While there's a rotation risk I don't think this is there at the very start and City will go with their best team which I've no doubt Silva is a part of.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Tomw86 wrote: »
    Will Perez definitely start for Leicester?

I know they've spent a lot on him, but I'm still not sure...might get Maddison in instead if I can work it that way.

He started the friendly vs Stoke last week up alongside Vardy.

• Advertisement

razorblunt wrote: »
    He started the friendly vs Stoke last week up alongside Vardy.

Interesting - I know Rodgers likes two up top typically and he if he's the one he'll be a bargain as a midfielder.

I'll keep an eye out coz I feel he could be real value.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,498 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Brandon Pierrick got a run out with the Crystal Palace senior squad and looked comfortable scoring two goals in a 2-2 draw with AFC Wimbledon. It wasn't the first team that played, mainly squad depth, but his performance was noted by a lot of people. He is only 17 and I'm wondering if he might get an opportunity after that showing.
    He is not part of the Crystal Palace on FPL right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Mcburnie going to Sheffield from Swansea. His stats was good last season

If anyone could give a bit of background on Che Adams and Wesley I’d greatly appreciate it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,241 ✭✭✭Ninthlife

km79 wrote: »
    If anyone could give a bit of background on Che Adams and Wesley I’d greatly appreciate it

I have Wesley on my draft Fantasy Team

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/jul/21/wesley-moraes-aston-villa-striker

Bit of info in the above article made me think he might be worth a punt

Ninthlife wrote: »
    I have Wesley on my draft Fantasy Team

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/jul/21/wesley-moraes-aston-villa-striker

Bit of info in the above article made me think he might be worth a punt

Nice story but only 30 goals across 2 seasons in Belgium doesn't fill me with much confidence......

• Registered Users Posts: 2,241 ✭✭✭Ninthlife

km79 wrote: »
    Nice story but only 30 goals across 2 seasons in Belgium doesn't fill me with much confidence......

Me either and he will probably be similar to Benteke last couple of seasons and il transfer him out after 3 gameweek

But he could be a nice differential e.g Richarlison at Watford

• Registered Users Posts: 37,498 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Well you can't really go by that Belgium league but I like what I've seen of Wesley in preseason and I watched highlights from his Belgian days recently and he was doing the same things.
    I think he will score a fair few goals but I expect a lot of assists too. He has good feet for a big man and seems an excellent passer and crosser of the ball. The other thing I really like about him is his urgency when he lays the ball off, he sprints forward and wants the ball. He is not afraid to have a pop at goal from anywhere. He is also on penalties.
    I'll be taking a chance on him for week 2.

eagle eye wrote: »
    Well you can't really go by that Belgium league but I like what I've seen of Wesley in preseason and I watched highlights from his Belgian days recently and he was doing the same things.
    I think he will score a fair few goals but I expect a lot of assists too. He has good feet for a big man and seems an excellent passer and crosser of the ball. The other thing I really like about him is his urgency when he lays the ball off, he sprints forward and wants the ball. He is not afraid to have a pop at goal from anywhere. He is also on penalties.
    I'll be taking a chance on him for week 2.

You are talking me into it
    He means less of a downgrade at the back 2
    And a lot of the 6.5 strikers have dodgy fixtures whereas he has a run of 3 home games in 4
    I will chance him I think
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Someone talk me out of Pepe

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,431 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

manual_man wrote: »

Emery generally eases new players in so he may not start straight away...

Emery generally eases new players in so he may not start straight away...

They play Barca tomorrow so let's see if he gets thrown straight in to the mix

Playing beside two very greedy strikers.

Not very likely to be on penos and his goal scoring stats include penos.

For 9.5m you can get the central striker at Arsenal and their penalty taker.

KDB is 9.5m and is a tried and tested points getter in a successful team.

Montoya has been playing as a wing back in pre-season. Might be a better option than Dunk at the same price.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Montoya has been playing as a wing back in pre-season. Might be a better option than Dunk at the same price.

And some nice fixtures to start. I have him in my team.

And some nice fixtures to start. I have him in my team.

Ya I have him in now too. Have you seen much of Trossard in pre-season? Sounds like a good prospect, think he might be my punt now.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Ya I have him in now too. Have you seen much of Trossard in pre-season? Sounds like a good prospect, think he might be my punt now.

Havent seen any of him . 2 brighton players would be a bit too much for me.

Think i'm gonna take a punt on KWP startin out

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

Just put him in my side, in place of tarowski(Burnley) didn't like the double Burnley with Pope in goal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,636 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

manual_man wrote:

c.p.w.g.w wrote:
    Just put him in my side, in place of tarowski(Burnley) didn't like the double Burnley with Pope in goal.

Can't find anything concrete on Foyths injury and how long he might be out for. He's suspended for the 1st 2 games obviously but id feel more comfortable if I thought I could make it to WC in week 5/6.

Advertisement